Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Let it be

I'm pretty straight up with people. I'd say keep the birds in your room or they will be beaten my our cats. I'm not playing interference anymore. At all. If they don't follow through well... no more screaming birds at 6am.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:15 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Hilariously, and shamefully, Rockefeller is terrified of both birds. He is a giant, fluffy sissy. LOL

My Polyvore
Old 02-16-2012, 07:28 PM
and Spy.

I feel sorry for the birds Ultimately they may end up being the ones who suffer the most. Tell them that they need to buy a new cage if the birds will be living in a communal area. You can get them off craigslist pretty cheap (even free) so there really is no excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngryMan View Post
I think u need some angry school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
That's what we do here. We're emotionally invested in each other and each other's dogs, the joys and the sorrows.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:41 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

I am going to call some sort of apartment meeting about it. I can't even leave the house if no one else is home now because they MIGHT fall to the floor and they MIGHT get eaten, and then the blame would be placed on me.

My Polyvore
Old 02-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Let it be

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
I am going to call some sort of apartment meeting about it. I can't even leave the house if no one else is home now because they MIGHT fall to the floor and they MIGHT get eaten, and then the blame would be placed on me.
That sounds like you are in jail. GAH!
Old 02-16-2012, 09:08 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Thats so frustating. I would just grab the birds and place them in their room whenever you leave, and if they have issues with it tough luck. Maybe they will get a hint.

But having a meeting sounds like a great idea, and hopefully a understanding can be made.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 02-16-2012, 09:11 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Sometimes I feel like I am. I battle agoraphobia, that makes me feel like I'm in jail as it is. But I also battle the stupidity of others, so it definitely doesn't help.

Honestly, I keep to my bedroom 95% of the time.
One of the reasons I want a dog again so badly is to help me with my anxiety. However, I have to deal with my roommates, in all their dog wisdom, telling me that dogs don't help anxiety. You can see why I keep to myself.

My Polyvore
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 PM
Top Dog

Just be honest. Don't take care of their pets and their problems and when something bad happens don't take the blame. Just don't take their crap. Tell them you are not going to make any extra effort to babysit their birds and that if you happen notice one on the floor you will help it but you aren't going out of your way to make it your concern and if you don't notice or you aren't home and something happens to it isn't your fault if they refuse to buy a new cage. Or stick the cage in their room and shut the door if you wanna leave the house. When they pitch a fit tell them you were only helping. You had somewhere to go and their choices were dead birds, or birds in their room.

I go to many lengths to avoid confrontation but I have my limits and with these people I would have no problem asserting myself and just refusing to take their crap. What can they do to you? I know you aren't working but if your boyfriend is taking care of your portion of the rent that is between you and him, not them.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:14 AM
Top Dog

Wow how frustrating, I'd be pulling my hair out (seriously, the cage doesn't close?!?!?).

I agree with Hayley, just keep throwing the birds in their room when you go out. It would be nice if your roomies got their just deserts but on the other hand, the birds were born loud, they can't help it lol and leaving them to be perhaps mauled by a cat isn't very nice if it can be avoided. Put the birds on their bed or some fabric surface they have to wash the **** off it when they come home .
Old 02-17-2012, 07:40 AM
Blonde Raccoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravennr View Post
The leaves of my patience tree are thinning.
Off topic but this made me laugh.

Paris - On Target's Oooh La La
Seamus O'Grady, the supermutt.

& Sally, never forgotten.