Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-16-2012, 04:19 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Default This is getting so old.

My roommate came home today whining about coming home to the birds out of their cage, on the floor, being stalked by the cat.

These are not my birds. As a matter of fact, I was told, by him, that I'm not allowed to have anymore animals. He bought these birds for his girlfriend because she wanted them, and she never takes care of them. They have ripped the bars from their cage door, so it no longer shuts. They clipped the larger birds wings, so she constantly falls to the floor and gets trapped, and the small bird, who can fly, flies down to stay with her because he is quite obsessed with her.

Am I meant to sit in the living room all day and watch them? Is it my responsibility to buy them a cage that is actually capable of closing? I was literally just in there five minutes ago, everyone was in their cage asleep. Nobody was screaming, either. She usually screams if she's fallen on the floor. They removed the wire stand, and put the cage on an endtable, so when she does fall, she can't even climb back up on her own anymore.
The cat, by the way, never touches them. He watches them while he lays on his side falling asleep.

I am so confused. I wasn't aware these animals are my responsibility every waking moment.
I wish these memos made it to my hands.

Four more months. If I can just make it four more months...

My Polyvore
Old 02-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Teensy-weensy drumsticks.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-16-2012, 04:23 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

On top of this, he is now trying to guilt my boyfriend into riding with him for six hours in a car because he doesn't want to go by himself. On my boyfriend's birthday, when we have plans, this is what he is trying to guilt trip him into doing, so he isn't alone. He doesn't have to go, either. He is just untrusting and is going so he can keep a stalker's eye on his girlfriend while she's visiting her friend.
I just can't.

My Polyvore
Old 02-16-2012, 04:24 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilavati View Post
Teensy-weensy drumsticks.

My Polyvore
Old 02-16-2012, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

Hang in there, your time with them is almost done!

Your story though did remind me of something that happened to me many years ago. We had a parakeet in a cage that hung from a floor stand. While we were out somehow it got knocked over and the bird got out of the cage. We had a dog and a cat. When we got home and saw what had happened we frantically looked for the bird but couldn't find him anywhere but saw long tail feathers scattered around. We assumed the worse. A couple of hours later I realized the cat hadn't moved from a spot where he had been laying when we got home so I decided to look around that area again. Lo & behold the bird was sitting on a rung of a little vanity chair that was pushed in at a stand. No injuries whatsoever other than not having a single tail feather left.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:33 PM
Let it be

I would put the bird cage in their room and shut the door and keep the cats in the main area of the house. If they bitched well... I'm not exactly nice and wouldn't help the bird next time if they are going to cop you an attitude over their lack of taking care of THEIR pets.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:37 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

I would LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE if they kept the birds in their room. Those things start screaming at 6AM EVERY morning, and they don't do a thing about it. They refuse to agree to doing that though. They won't even keep their kitten's food and water in their bedroom, but they freefeed him and constantly complain that my cat sneaks food from his dish. They feed Whiskas too, makes Rock stink like crazy. I've been going behind them lately, waiting until nobody is looking and until the kitten finishes eating, and I'll put the uneaten portion back in the bag. No harm done.

My Polyvore
Old 02-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

Oh man I think I would have to get a little sarcastic with that one and say something like "Oh good you're sick of it too? Great. Glad you are going to take care of them " LOL what a pain in the butt. I don't think I'd be able to hold my tongue with someone like that

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney

Old 02-16-2012, 05:10 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Good lord, that is frustrating. I don't think I would be nice about it either, you must have lots of patients, because I would have flipped lol

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 02-16-2012, 05:49 PM
ಥ⌣ಥ

The leaves of my patience tree are thinning.

My Polyvore