Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Dafuq?

I don't take my dogs to the vet constantly, so I honestly don't know. I only take them for things I can't do myself, like rabies shots. And until recently we got an employee discount because my shop was owned by the same people who owned the vet clinic next door, so... I'm no help. But yes, everything in the world is too dang high!

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 02-16-2012, 11:43 AM
Very Food Agressive

Well, all I can say is that the E-vet we took Tango to was $90 to walk in the door (at nearly midnight) and the entire visit plus three meds to take home, an E-collar, and an antibiotic shot at the vet was less then $300. I will be more than happy to use them again if I have to.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:44 AM
Love My Mutt <3

I honestly dont know how much my vet charges for things... I pay at cost since I've been with her for 15+ years (well, obviously it was in my parents name before)

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzy's Valkyrie View Post
Well, all I can say is that the E-vet we took Tango to was $90 to walk in the door (at nearly midnight) and the entire visit plus three meds to take home, an E-collar, and an antibiotic shot at the vet was less then $300. I will be more than happy to use them again if I have to.
I'm jealous. I paid a $162 emergency fee to walk into the emergency vet to euthanize Rascal I was sure they'd give me a discount or something on it since I literally walked in and just said he needs to be euthanized. When it was all done I paid like $210

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

I love our vet, and it's extremely affordable. I called to make an appointment for heartworm treatment for my foster. I had heard the ranges people pay for immiticide treatment and was bracing myself for the cost. It was only $400. For x-rays, the treatment itself, two over nights, a years supply of preventative, 60 doxy, and rimadyl. We have a good relationship so when things are awry, like I suspect a UTI, I can bring in the sample and pay no office fee. I believe the office fee is only $29.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:53 AM
Very Food Agressive

Yeah it was the one "nice" thing about the night. I have these huge figures of over $1000 in my head so being able to pay with our debit card was a relief.

Practice what you preach or keep your mouth shut.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoseWordsAtBest View Post
. We have a good relationship so when things are awry, like I suspect a UTI, I can bring in the sample and pay no office fee. I believe the office fee is only $29.
Oh yah, that too. I LOVE that I can call my vet saying I need this medication, and my vet will sign off on it so I can go get it without any fee.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:15 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I've noticed that around here it is pretty freaking pricey. The only reason I can afford to give vet care to my animals is because I get 50% off. A client had his three little tiny dogs in for grooms/vaccine updates/fecals/the works. He walked out paying over $500 for everything.

I think it is around $300 for a medium size dog spay. Exam fee is roughly $50, I think. Rabies is $35 for a three year - not sure how much a combo vacc is. My guess is around $20-$30. When Pheobe needed a UA and antibiotics, I think the total fee was almost $200.

Old 02-16-2012, 12:21 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

I pay $80-100 to walk through the door. Then there is still an exam fee, plus anything they may do.. which is why I don't do yearly visits.

I found that though I tried 4 or more vets, most barely touched the dogs, pushed that vaccs were needed and it was a $150-200 visit where they actually didn't really do anything with my dogs.

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 02-16-2012, 12:26 PM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

Wow! I don't think I'd own so many dogs if vet prices were that high. LOL
At my vet you just pay the exam fee.. Rabies cost me $15 for 3-years. Spays are around $120 without any bloodwork done, neuters are a little cheaper. Tsuki's was around $200 due to her size and condition.