Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Default Collar Addicts Anonymous

Who else has a collar addiction problem?

I just ordered Rylie another Paco Collar yesterday that will be named The Rylie (she's famous!). I'm going to be stalking my mailbox every day until it arrives:

The Rylie by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

I'm having a custom collar made for Rory from Whiplash Leather in the near future (we're discussing the design and she's seeing if she can get the bullhide color I want).

It will be similar to the picture below, but with red bullhide and celtic conchos:

And I'm also going to order Rory another Paco Collar- The Veronica, brass, in a martingale.

I know there are a ton of other addicts out there! What are you planning on adding to the collection in the near future? Pictures please!

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-15-2012, 12:06 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Beautiful collars!

I am a collar "window shopper" aholic. If that makes sense. XD I look online at the collars I want, dream of them, but don't have the money to get them. Just applied for a job a couple days ago that I think (HOPE) I'm a shoo-in for, so once I have the (or a) job, I will definitely be adding to my small, sad collar collection. Chloe has several collars, but Violet has only two. She needs a new one badly, and I plan to get her an Ella'sLead collar ASAP.

ETA: Also, I find it's very sad that Chloe has so many collars, but NEVER wears a collar. Violet wears them a lot more often, but only has two.

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-15-2012, 12:48 PM
Big Dog

Hi. My name is Katie and I am a collar addict.
If you count his training collars Dreizehn has one collar per month of his life. It's a sickness, truly. He even has a paracord collar that I JUST ordered.

Here are some of them...

It's not all me though! I blame his grandmother (my mom). She's an enabler! I keep telling myself that my next dog will have longer hair so there won't be a need for multiple collars but we all know that's a lie.

Also, I'm SUPER jealous that you have a Paco Collar named after your dog. One of my goals in life is to have a Paco Collar named after a dog of mine.
*Sorry the pictures are HUGE. I resized them in Photobucket so that should transfer soon.

Dreizehn & Ruthless
Old 02-15-2012, 12:59 PM
Chihuahua Power!

OMG you have a Dia de los Muertos collar too! One of my chihuahuas has one too.

I'm so excited about her named collar. It makes me so happy. LOL.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 02-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Top Dog

I do. At last count when cleaning my van out and going through things....I had close to 200 collars. I about died and then promptly donated some so I would have room for more!
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 02-15-2012, 01:07 PM
orange iguanas.

I'm a window shopper. My dogs just don't wear collars often! I did splurge on a leather one from CollarMania a couple years ago but its kinda falling apart now so could be replaced....

I think I might get a NICE leather one for Juno that will be her "last" collar. I just don't know where from.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Kotah BEAR

If I had a dog, I would be a collar addict.

Bear had so many collars. About 2-3 weeks since I brought him home, he got a new collar LOL
Old 02-15-2012, 01:11 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Ok Patchworkrobot.... The collar in the 5th pic.... What collar is that and where did you get it???? I LOVE it!!!!!

I'm definitely planning some new collars for my kiddos. The hardest part is getting the ok from my hubby since he clearly does not understand my addiction. His point is that they can only wear one at a time so what's the point. I then remind him how many pairs of boots he owns... Last I checked you can only wear one pair at a time? am I right?

Last I checked I had about 20 collars but I've added since then so its time for a recount.

Id like to get Bamm a nice western themed leather collar, a Superman leather collar though not sure from where. I'd love to also get him a dark orange dyed leather or vegan collar with black sequins on it to give it the look of the flintstones BamBam outfit.... I also want a collar with his name either embroidered or engraved.

Cricket... I want a western themed leather collar for her as well. I also have a few Paco collars in mind for her, but I would want them customized a little. Id love a collar with her band on it.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 02-15-2012, 01:12 PM
Big Dog

I absolutely couldn't resist the Dia de los Muertos collar. It was too beautiful (and not around forever) to pass up. I saw a picture of your chihuahua's collar in another post, do you have any pictures with it on her? I'd love to see.

And Chrome... hundreds of collars, WOW! I think I would have donated them too :]

Skittledoo - the 5th collar is the Dia de los Muertos collar from Paco Collars. They don't make it anymore, it was a limited time halloween thing. However, they said at one point that they'll be making more leather etched collars so I'd keep my eyes out for the next one. I'm sure it will be just as stunning. As for a Superman collar... Dreizehn's leather Batman collar is from CaliGirl collars. I don't know if she has a Superman collar as a regular thing but I"m PRETTY sure she's made one before and could make another. Her collars are pretty thick/heavy but not ridiculously expensive. The Batman collar was a gift but I think it runs about $55.

Quote:
The hardest part is getting the ok from my hubby since he clearly does not understand my addiction. His point is that they can only wear one at a time so what's the point. I then remind him how many pairs of boots he owns... Last I checked you can only wear one pair at a time? am I right?
Exactly

Dreizehn & Ruthless
Old 02-15-2012, 01:14 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Jessie~ View Post

Omg I'm talking to her about doing this one too!!!!! Only I want the bullhide in purple preferably royal purple.
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle