Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Puppy Forum

Old 11-24-2004, 09:06 AM
Felurian

Crazydog - I want you to do something for me, for all of your friends here, for all the dogs you'll love in your life, and most of all for yourself: study hard and get good grades, do take time to participate in something that keeps your body strong and healthy, take every opportunity to volunteer with animals, and go to college so you can (if you want) have the opportunity to have a career working with animals, whether it's as a vet, working with animals in a zoo, psychology, whatever your heart leads you toward. Who knows? You might even end up writing books about animals!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-24-2004, 03:38 PM
Andy

renee yeah im trying in school right now. im planning to be either a computer engineer/programmer. or a vet or something that has to do with animals. i have to get in 40 hours of community service for my confirmation bible class, so i am trying to find a zoo , or a place that deals with animals, so i can volunteer there. i still got 3 years until i graduate and its kinda hard in school right now since i really dislike the teachers and people there so much. but it always bring a smile on my face after i arrive home, off the hour ride on the bus, and see roxy sitting in front of the window with her tail wagging (and somehow, with her cleverness, got out of the kitchen's gates) and barking. its so great coming home to my dog knowing that she is as excited as me. what more can i ask for, but for her to be with me forever?
Old 11-24-2004, 05:30 PM
Felurian

OH, I remember those awful, long bus rides home! I had a couple of teachers I kept a running war with, too. I just made sure I was always ahead so they couldn't cause too much trouble for me.

Do you have guidance counselors at school? They can be a big help with getting yourself ready for college and finding scholarships and internships, and might even be able to help you find someplace to do your 40 hours of community service.

My dogs were the best thing about coming home, too. I used to dread the weekends - school was better than having to put up with my little sister and deal with my Mom. My German Shepherd would ignore my sister no matter what she did to get his attention. You'd have laughed to see how funny he was. Purdue would literally turn his back on her and act like she wasn't there; it made her furious! She'd start screaming and yelling and Gulliver, our big yellow tomcat, would come flying and bite her. Animals are great!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 11-24-2004, 06:06 PM
Andy

haha renee i am ust like how you were. roxy does the same. my older sister will do ANYTHING to get roxys attention but she will just do the same. my sister, just like yours, will be furious and scream. and then one time roxy actually went up to her to play but she shoo'ed her away because she didnt want to play, she was too busy. and yes those bus rides are boring. i fall asleep and miss my bus stop then end up havign to walk a mile home. and my guidance counselors are the worst ever. they will not even bother to help you with anything.