Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 02-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Behavior Nerd

I can understand in a basic pet obedience class to some extent, but this obed class is competition obedience prep and the class in the ring next to us is Novice Rally.

Old 02-14-2012, 06:36 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Yeah the class I'm talking about is a master's level class and it's the only dogs/training going on in the whole building at that time. Also, there are panties and Mira's not a marker anyway, especially when working.

I mean I get it as a general rule. Most intro classes the handlers are struggling mightily to get their dogs to focus even when there's very very little else going on. But I would hope the time dogs are running for MACHs or Nationals that they are working to a level where having a girl in heat around may take a bit of proofing but it's going to cause a meltdown. And she wasn't in flagging/standing heat yet.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-14-2012, 03:31 PM
Top Dog

LoLa is in heat right now..coming out finally! She can not train at our OB club because it is a rule that in heat bitches can not be in the building. It might distract the boys.

That said, I have a GSD that has been used as a stud, and we do OB around her as much as possible. I EXPECT my boys to work through smells and that includes the smell of an intact bitch in season! I thankfully can still take LoLa to Schutzhund.

If you trial at shows that are held in conjuction with conformation shows, more than likely your male is going to smell a bitch in season since they are allowed in the conformation ring.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 02-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Just try me..

The obed club I worked with let girls (with panties) in. I can't say when teaching the intro classes (which is what I did) that dogs were more distracted.