Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-13-2012, 09:17 AM
Owned by Rottweilers

Only 2 of my dogs are microchipped, out of 5.

Every single one of them has a tag, and a collar they wear 24/7 365 UNLESS they take a bath. People around here aren't very knowledgeable on the subject of microchips and such so tags are VERY important to me. I also want to get collars embroidered with "I AM NOT DANGEROUS" as they are Rottweilers and I don't want people to ignore them out of fear.

Licenses are not required.

Disclaimer: Current avatar was found on Google, I don't own the image
Old 02-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Xena is chipped with Homeagain. The info is up to date and I make sure her photo is updated as well. She wears her collar all the time with standard ID info on one side (name, address, phone numbers) and the contact information for our vet on the other side. She also has her rabies certification and her license tag. We got her a lifetime license from the county. It was $28, IIRC, versus $10 per year.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

Licenses here are 30 a year for altered dogs. There are no 3 year or lifetime licenses.

Nia is chipped, tattooed, licensed but does not wear ID tags because she wears a harness.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Top Dog

Intact dogs are 70 here and fixed "dangerous" breeds like pits and rotts are 205!! Intact dangerous breeds are 255. All prices are per year.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:46 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiyo-Fir View Post
Intact dogs are 70 here and fixed "dangerous" breeds like pits and rotts are 205!! Intact dangerous breeds are 255. All prices are per year.
The central danger I've ever faced from a Rottie was being crushed to death when a morbidly obese one climbed into my lap.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-13-2012, 02:59 PM
Plus One

Ozzy and Tika aren't microchipped but they very rarely (never in Ozzys case) leave the property. The rest are and they were all done while they were awake. Taz and Diesel didn't even noticed and aura and scamp both just let out a little yelp. Fudge was a complete cry baby and people could hear him from the far side of the grounds (it was at a doggie fun day) and unfortunately for him he had to be chipped twice because we couldn't find the first chip when we scanned him.

None of the dogs wear tags (most of the time they don't even wear collars) although in summer Taz at least will be wearing tags 24/7 so another incident like last year doesn't happen. He doesn't run off in the winter because no ones ever about to take pity on him lol.

None of them are licensed although they should be. We live out in the boonies and no one even checks.
Old 02-20-2012, 12:06 PM
Top Dog

My dogs are both now officially licensed in our city. The tags make a funny noise! They have boomerang tags and rabies + license on the D ring now. Buzz has an additional name tag + microchip tag on the harness he wears most of the time.
Puzzle Piece Gabby 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 02-20-2012, 02:27 PM
<------RIP Superdog

Riley was chipped with AVID, and both of my cats are done with AVID too. Neither of the cats Ever goes outside, but still. They dont wear any collars. Riley had a collar with an ID tag on it about 60% of the time. No tattoo, and I wont ever get my pets tattooed. All of my pets will have a chip though.

Cats in my county dont get rabies tags/fees. Dogs are 20$ for altered dogs, 50$ for intact dogs per year. Riley never wore his rabies tag. I put it on my key chain as I obviously had my keys with me whenever we went out and about.

My next boy will eventually be chipped. I hate doing it awake, so it will probably be done around 1 year when I do hip pre-lims under sedation. No tattoo.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:15 PM
Top Dog

Everyone is chipped. They don't wear collars at home, or at least not when I'm not there because I worry about freak collar accidents, but they do wear tagged collars when we go out and about. They are both registered with my local council. Touch wood, I have never had a need to look for them. They've never left the yard or been lost out and about. I am so grateful, it's my worst nightmare.
Old 02-21-2012, 02:41 PM
Behavior Nerd

Z and Kes are chipped, both with 24PetWatch, and were done when they were altered. Aeri is tattoo'd in her ear per Canadian KC regulations. Snipe has had neither done to date but will probably be chipped when she's spayed. Our cat is also chipped with 24PetWatch (also done when he was neutered).

I used to have dogs wearing safety collars with tags 24/7 but with Aeri liking to chew on necks they now go naked in the house and yard. When we work off lead in the front yard or go anywhere they all are collared and tagged.

Z, Kes, Pi (cat), and Aeri are all licensed, Snipe is not yet because I'm lazy and we weren't sure when we were going to spay her. Intact animals are $40 annually, s/n animals are $6 iirc.