Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-11-2012, 05:17 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Both dogs and the cat are all microchipped. Watson was done by his breeder and is registered with AKC CAR. Menchi and Autumn are both through Avid.

The dogs go naked in the house. When we go out they wear their ID tags, rabies tags and the tags of the microchip registries they are with.

Everyone here is licensed.

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 02-11-2012, 05:18 PM
Top Dog

Meg isn't chipped, and won't be. I haven't decided on Gusto.

Both wear collars with tags if they are hiking off leash anywhere. Not all the time around the house or going for leash walks.

Both are licensed with the town.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:27 PM
Top Dog

Those of you with licensed dogs, how much was it?

Spayed/neutered 1 year license in my city is $11. Totally affordable. Unaltered 1 year is $55. You also have the option of a lifetime license (pays off in 3 years).

All of my pets were microchipped awake, and as adults. (Yep, the cats too.)

Foster puppy was microchipped just after spay, still asleep.
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 02-11-2012, 05:28 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

1: Is your dog microchipped (I'm pretty sure less than 5% of the population is tattooed at this point)? If so, what company? Do you keep the information up to date?
Nope.

2: Does your dog wear a collar with ID? If so, when? What other tags, if any, are on the collar?
Chloe, no. Her tag kept getting caught in the carpet so she is currently tagless. However, when I move, I'll either be getting her an embriodered collar or keep her collar w/ tags off in the house and only put it on her when we go out.
Cynder wears her collar w/ tags whenever she is out of the house. Otherwise, she goes collarless.
Rose has no tags, but everybody in the area knows she is our dog. (Same goes with Chloe, really. If they were ever to wander off, someone would know who to return them to. That is one benefit of living in a small country area.)
Cynder wears a collar and tags 24/7.

And by tags, I mean rabies tag. I did get Chloe an engraved tag with her name and my number on it, but it fell off and got lost.

3: If applicable, do you keep your dog licensed?
N/A There isn't a required license here.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:34 PM
Mild and Slightly Nutty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerLover View Post
Those of you with licensed dogs, how much was it?

Spayed/neutered 1 year license in my city is $11. Totally affordable. Unaltered 1 year is $55. You also have the option of a lifetime license (pays off in 3 years).

All of my pets were microchipped awake, and as adults. (Yep, the cats too.)

Foster puppy was microchipped just after spay, still asleep.
I think it is $15 for altered dogs and $12 for altered cats. I can not recall how much it is for an unaltered animal.

A gold brick wrapped with a twist of lemon...

Visit the Curly-tailed Brigade
http://curly-tailed.blogspot.com/
Old 02-11-2012, 05:35 PM
& the Muttly Crew

(1) All pets are microchipped. Kim and Web I chipped with Homeagain. Mira was chipped by her breeder with Homeagain/CAR. Brie was chipped the shelter with another company whose name I can't remember offhand. All have up to date information.

(2) Dogs all have collars they wear when we leave the property, sometimes in the yard. Brie has a harness she wears any time she's out of the house. All have ID on them -- phone number, backup number, email. They don't wear rabies tags or license tags because they always seem to lose them...Boomerang collartags are the only things I've had luck with keeping.

(3) They are all licensed but not at the current location. I'm not sure if there are licenses here or not tbh. They had 3 year tags at the old place.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-11-2012, 05:42 PM
Top Dog

1. Chips - both my dogs are chipped and registered with 3 separate registries. Two allow unlimited updates to info for free, so yes, I keep it updated. The third charges for updates so I don't update that one - however that is the chip manufacturer so they can trace the chip back to the vet clinic. They both have Avid chips. They're registered with Avid, AKC CAR, and the USA Microchip Database

2. Tags - Logan wears tags on his harness when we're out. Gavroche wears his Ella's Lead collar with a Boomerang tag 24/7 (didn't used to, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE his collar now lol). Logan has an ID tag, an SD tag ("Service Dog Accesr Required" Dogwood ID tag), and a medical alert tag for me. Also a rabies tag.

3. Last year they were not licensed because I was not living in town for the majority of the year - I was living just out of town, and no licenses are required there. Now that I'm back in town they will be renewed when they're due. Actually since Logan was already vaccinated for Rabies when I got him I don't think he was licensed that year either - licenses are due when the rabies vaccine is given, or on the 1-year anniversary date of the rabies vaccine if rabies is not due that year. The rabies vaccine MUST be given twice in a row one year apart, then every 3 years. The only exception is for medical reasons, and even then they still need a license.

ETA: Licenses are $46, and ten there are discounts - $10 off for a fenced yard, $3 off for a microchip, and $17 off for speuter.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:44 PM
such sights to show you

One year is $25 altered/$50 unaltered, there is a 3 year license for $75 for altered only, or lifetime license for $200 for altered only.

Old 02-11-2012, 05:56 PM
Mainstreme Elitist

I'm surprised at how much some of you have to pay to license your dogs, makes me feel like I live in an extremely cheap area.

Unaltered is 8.45 for one year
Altered is 6.45 for one year

We also have lifetime licenses (you have to have proof of microchip or tattoo to get a lifetime license) for:

Unaltered is $50 something dollars
Altered is $30 something dollars.

My little dog - a heartbeat at my feet
Old 02-11-2012, 05:58 PM
such sights to show you

Well we have pretty good AC services. I don't mind paying fees if I'm actually paying for something. I'm often astonished at people's stories of how utterly useless their AC is.