Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-10-2012, 01:22 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

I'm ready to continue my sleeve, but I'm not sure where to go. I'm trying to think of an idea to represent the dogs our system has failed, and a step towards not failing any more. There are dogs in mind behind this, but not that I am willing to post about on an open forum and don't want to get their faces per say. Just something to represent those dogs.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Twin 2.0

There is some awesome ink on this forum! I've been sitting on a design for the last 12 years. I just keep tweaking too many little details--including where to put it--that I just can't go through with it yet.

TWAB, I have to ask, why John Goodman? He's awesome and I love him--though I've never quite understood getting celebrity faces. The artist did a really good job though, I've seen some downright atrocious portraits before!
Old 02-10-2012, 01:54 AM
Jerk.

Pics of mine should be on here already, but Ill try and get new pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renee750il View Post
Sometimes BOTH sides are just full of sh1t.
AKpostal
Blog?
MyDrunkAdmin
Old 02-10-2012, 01:58 AM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
There is some awesome ink on this forum! I've been sitting on a design for the last 12 years. I just keep tweaking too many little details--including where to put it--that I just can't go through with it yet.

TWAB, I have to ask, why John Goodman? He's awesome and I love him--though I've never quite understood getting celebrity faces. The artist did a really good job though, I've seen some downright atrocious portraits before!
Go talk to an artist if you haven't! A good one will get you in the right direction. I leave pretty much every thing in the hands of my artist and am always happy.

I just love that John Goodman. I also like to secretly think of it as a tribute to my dad. My dad is also hilarious and awesome, but he would die if I got his face tattooed on me. I can't say I wasn't A LITTLE scared to get a portrait because I've seen some so bad I don't know how the wearer shows them to ANY ONE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue View Post
Pics of mine should be on here already, but Ill try and get new pics soon.
Looking forward to seeing them!
Old 02-10-2012, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

I've been mulling over getting a tattoo for a while now. I know what I want and where, but I'm a baker and worry about getting a bad burn on my tattoo and ruining it. I'm also a perfectionist, and even the slightest, tiniest mistake would make me hate it forever!!!

How do you take the plunge and trust your artist enough to take the plunge?
Old 02-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Top Dog

I don't have any myself but my daughter has some

Old 02-10-2012, 09:17 PM
Wu-Tang Steph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I've been mulling over getting a tattoo for a while now. I know what I want and where, but I'm a baker and worry about getting a bad burn on my tattoo and ruining it. I'm also a perfectionist, and even the slightest, tiniest mistake would make me hate it forever!!!

How do you take the plunge and trust your artist enough to take the plunge?
Loads of research. I'd say find shops and look at the artists work. And look at more of their work. If you can, find shops on facebook and the like and look for people saying their praises.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:21 PM
Wookie Collie

I have none, and only one in mind. I have no idea how big, or where yet, but it will be a stylized version of my family's two coats of arms (MacAlister and MacNeil) that I'll draw myself.

Finnegan - Border Collie | Barrett the ferret | Stan & Fiora - the cats
RIP - Fozzy 1993-2006 Palom 2008-2010 Ysera 2008-2011 Basol 2008-2012 Freya 2008-2014 Porom 2008-2014
Old 02-11-2012, 09:39 AM
Top Dog

Well, I have a few, but I only have a picture of 1 left on photobucket.

My first one is a teeny ladybug with a soccerball pattern instead of the polka-dot look. It's stilly to most, but to know that my entire college soccer team is walking around with the same tattoo is great.

My second one is one of my former dogs with angel wings.

My third, and subsequently my favorite so far, is a head shot of my former dog, Sukari. She was my first 'pit bull' that I campaigned as a therapy dog (CGC, ATT, TDI). She was also deaf, but you would have never known it unless I told you (she saw your mouth move, and her butt got alll wiggly). This one has more meaning because I drew it with the help of another tech at work. It's off my favorite photo of her.

These two pictures are the next two dog portraits I want done. I also plan on having each of my boys' footprints from birth done on my upper back (in a walking pattern). Unfortunately, my tattoo artist had to retire shortly after doing Sukari due to severe carpal tunnel syndrome (he's had sooo many surgeries on his wrists).

Old 02-11-2012, 09:40 AM
Top Dog

Uhhh....sorry for ginormo pic.