Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-07-2012, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

Yes definitely grain free canned or raw like others have said! Poor little obligate carnivores just don't do well with the awful crap they usually get fed.

I know someone who managed her male cat's issues with high quality grain free canned... it worked well as long as most of diet was canned... kibble not so much.

I wish my dang cat would even eat canned... she won't touch anything but kibble and is disdainful of anything that isn't wellness core. Luckily had no problems besides occasional puking, which while not ideal could be worse. *knock on wood*
Old 02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
orange iguanas.

I managed to convince my mom to try the Wysong Uretic.... it's not grain-free so I guess we'll see if it makes a difference, but even if it just decreases the vomiting like the California Natural did, that would be a huge improvement over the current situation. And the ingredients don't make me gag as much as the c/d does. I'll also grab some canned Weruva to feed with it.

She's just not open to trying anything that isn't specifically marketed as a urinary health formula and to be honest I'm super shocked she's even open to this! Hopefully it works out well. Good news is Jinx has never been picky about food, so I shouldn't have to worry about that at least.

Thanks for all the help!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013