Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-02-2013, 05:26 PM
Top Dog

Well I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who "isn't really running agility because they aren't training running contacts". You are all welcome to join my Fake Agility Association. Trials coming in 2014.

And don't get me wrong, I love watching people like Trkman run. I just know what I like in my dogs, and what we are both capable of. Gusto is slower in this video than at home, but he's a baby still. I can't wait to see him as his confidence grows.

Old 03-02-2013, 06:47 PM
& the Muttly Crew

I'll stick with regular agility Goofy people don't bother me. And different running/handling style just make the sport more fascinating.

Here's Mira & I with a NQx2 lol. Standard was clean except for a knocked panel when I called her name in the air...oops. Second fastest time in class of 40+ otherwise. JWW I just set a bad line and didn't give her info. Good Babydog. Two handler errors, but that's how it goes some days. With Mira there is no time for course correction, with Web there is. I think we both still had fun.

Critique away Constructive criticism and mocking are both acceptable

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Critique away Constructive criticism and mocking are both acceptable
You are horrible, she is horrible, you should quit and take up lure coursing. Or possibly table tennis.

She looks great! She looks like she has a really nice balance of obstacle focus and handler focus. You have incredibly pretty front crosses with her and I'm obscenely jealous. I also will not be happy until I see video of Webster.

Old 03-02-2013, 07:55 PM
Top Dog

Shai, yeah really don't like those nice tight lines your getting or the distance skills. Want to screw that up and make someone feel better?

BB, who gives a rats ass what anyone other than you thinks about how your dogs run?? What I see is a happy babydog that is giving you some really nice stuff and not in the class of 'messy' on any level.

And you know what???? all this Trkman stuff? after running today in a seminar learning all the new 'send and get the hell out of there'?? I am too OLD, too OUT OF SHAPE to run like these folks and it is KILLING me. I HURT.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm All Ears

Gusto and Mira look fantastic! Heck my dog is almost 9 and still just learning. Agility is all about the journey.

We had a good weaves session today. I need to borrow my dad's back yard more often.

I realized Summer just re-started agility last june. She's coming along very nicely.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:01 PM
Top Dog

I loooove watching you and Mira run! Very smooth team, you guys are totally in-sync with each other.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 03-03-2013, 01:44 AM
Top Dog

Pirate's first Open Standard Q, from last weekend.

I'm ecstatic about this, because the last time we Q'd in Standard was January 6th, 2012, when he finished his Novice title.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:02 PM
Top Dog

Pirate looks awesome!!! Congrats on the Q!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 03-03-2013, 12:43 PM
Top Dog

Finally could see Pirate's run! My phone kept freezing it. He looks wonderful - congratulations!

Old 03-03-2013, 12:56 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Thanks guys I was serious about being okay with mocking though lol. Just do it openly and I don't care.

We're still learning as a team. We don't get to work much through the winter and it shows but she loves running on dirt so that was nice . I'm looking forward to many years of partnership with my baby cheese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I also will not be happy until I see video of Webster.
I know! I'm sorry. I really did try but at the bigger multi-ring trials everyone is running every which way and it's hard to grab someone. Finally got someone to video his standard run and the battery died while he was on the table...so only got the first 1/3 or so of the course. I promise to do better in the future...actually have a camera now (hurray for finding a nice refurb!) so hopefully I will remember to bring it along and pass it off to someone.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13