Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
It's a double-edged sword though. Getting into trials is insane...even if your entry arrives on opening day you are likely to be closed out. And that's the first-come-first-serve trials...draw entries are really dicey. The last two trials here had over 250 runs closed out (including mine, hence the two month agility hiatus...again...). It's insane.
That's why she should move to the NorthEast, where we have tons of USDAA which has no entry limits! Not only can you send your entry two days before close, but I've emailed very patient trial secretaries two days *after* their trials have closed and gotten in It's one of the biggest turn-offs for me of AKC. I would never be good about jumping through hoops to get my entries in. The two AKC trials I do yearly (because they are 20 minutes from my house), I give my entries and check to a friend and let them do it!

Old 01-26-2013, 07:49 PM
Top Dog

I want Meg Lovely run, you know it is well done when you make it 'look' easy. Well done.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:04 PM
Top Dog

If I figured out how to make that work right, that should be Gusto's first ever jumpers run. Ignore the fact that my front crosses are late late late, and just admire the adorableness that is Gusto. One of my biggest goals for his first trial was his start line, and I'm proud to say all four of them were just like this one! And for the love of Dog, someone tie my hands together. Why am I clapping? I never notice myself doing it! Ugh - this is why I have a love/hate relationship with having my runs taped!

Old 01-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I want Meg Lovely run, you know it is well done when you make it 'look' easy. Well done.
Quote:
Meg looks awesome! Y'all are such an inspiring team.
Quote:
Boston - You and Meg are amazing. Truly. I hope that Kimma and I can look that great while trialing one day. Can't wait to see more of Gusto.
Quote:
Oh Meg looks fantastic!!!! You both look so natural.
I'm grinning like a fool. Thanks for the nice comments. She really is such a special dog; I love every minute of running her these days.

Old 01-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Top Dog

Oh my goodness Gusto looks fantastic!?i never would have guessed tht was his first. Our Jumpers run was not nearly as successful lol. Lo decided midway that she'd about had it and went to go love on the judge. I got her attention back and we finished, sloooowly but we finished.

But in her defense, it was the very last set of runs at about 4:00 and we'd been there since 7 am.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

Go Meg!

And awww....Gusto! He's just having a great time isn't he? Very nice job with the baby dog
Old 01-30-2013, 03:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
That's why she should move to the NorthEast, where we have tons of USDAA which has no entry limits! Not only can you send your entry two days before close, but I've emailed very patient trial secretaries two days *after* their trials have closed and gotten in It's one of the biggest turn-offs for me of AKC. I would never be good about jumping through hoops to get my entries in. The two AKC trials I do yearly (because they are 20 minutes from my house), I give my entries and check to a friend and let them do it!
There's no hoops to jump through here, our AKC trials rarely fill. You enter when you feel like it. Mostly have online entry, too, so you can wait till the very last minute if you want.

CPE trials, OTOH, tend to fill. There's one site where they run one ring CPE trials that fill on the first day. The ones with at least 2 rings take longer.
Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

The local trial NEVER fills. But that's because the club is kinda terrible and even with super low entry numbers the trials run 'til 6pm. I've been to full trials that still manage to finish before 4pm. Yeeeeah.

There are only two places around here that fill; Indy sometimes fills but almost always has room for everybody once people pull for various reasons. I have been waitlisted before, but I've never had a trial where I was waitlisted and didn't make it in. I got waitlisted for herding at shelties nats but made it in there too (and that was because I waited forever to pull the trigger on that entry.) The trials that typically fill also usually use random draw versus first received; they open for the draw, everybody sends in, and two weeks later they do the draw. After the draw it's first received, but IMO when they know they are going to get lots of entries it's pretty fair to do a draw.

But it's really not hoops to jump through... write the check, fill out the form, and send it in. Your job is done at that point.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA NAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 01-30-2013, 04:32 PM
Top Dog

It won't let me watch Meg's video. But I could see Gusto's! I love him.

Grabbed a video of my session with Zinga today. We were working a front cross drill here and I love how tight she is wrapping jumps! Cik/cak ftw. These are also the longest sequences we've done to date, 8 obstacles. She's 10 months old today.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Grabbed a video of my session with Zinga today. We were working a front cross drill here and I love how tight she is wrapping jumps! Cik/cak ftw.
Her wraps are amazing, she is going to be an awesome agility girl!

I can't wait to train my next dog with cik/cak from the beginning. It really is crazy how complex sequences can be run with a young dog with cik/cak. I'm handling a friend's 7 month old BC in a Trkman style foundations class and we tear up the sequences, no problem!