Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-10-2013, 08:45 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
^Just wanted to say you have my full and complete sympathy and understanding on this lol
That is the reason I ran one dog per day for the first... years... I was trialing!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 01-21-2013, 08:43 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

I've been a bad forum poster... Been dealing with some personal stuff, but that's neither here nor there...

I just wanted to post a video of Kimma from class tonight - first time running her since my foot surgery! She was HAPPY to get out there LOL.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgwG8fArntI

We have our next trial in 2 weeks! I'm hoping that we can pull out both novice titles (needs one more leg each for standard and jumpers), but I'm not holding my breath

(Though some "good agility trial" thoughts would be greatly appreciated in any case )

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 01-24-2013, 06:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
I've been a bad forum poster... Been dealing with some personal stuff, but that's neither here nor there...

I just wanted to post a video of Kimma from class tonight - first time running her since my foot surgery! She was HAPPY to get out there LOL.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgwG8fArntI

We have our next trial in 2 weeks! I'm hoping that we can pull out both novice titles (needs one more leg each for standard and jumpers), but I'm not holding my breath

(Though some "good agility trial" thoughts would be greatly appreciated in any case )
She looks so great! I always love how natural and relaxed you both look. Good agility trial thoughts your way. Me and Lo are entering our second one at the end of February.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:03 PM
I'm All Ears

Everything's going well over here. Summer's suddenly decided tunnels are scary. We're going to have to backtrack on it quite a bit because we can't do so many of the exercises since she's not going through tunnels. She makes up for it in cute points but trying to run on top of the tunnels. Our major work this week is going to be tunnels.

Mia ran so well tonight.

I am working at our first USDAA trial on Saturday. Yay!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:08 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Everything's going well over here. Summer's suddenly decided tunnels are scary. We're going to have to backtrack on it quite a bit because we can't do so many of the exercises since she's not going through tunnels. She makes up for it in cute points but trying to run on top of the tunnels. Our major work this week is going to be tunnels.

Mia ran so well tonight.

I am working at our first USDAA trial on Saturday. Yay!

Lo's never been a huge fan of tunnels either. We had a little trouble this week when the opening to the tunnel was right next to the A-Frame. We did it, but I had to go pretty far out of my way to block out the A-Frame entirely.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 PM
Top Dog

That's crazy, both of my boys have always been drawn to the tunnel for some reason. I guess I got lucky! (but Frag refused a dog walk last weekend so we NQd.. it's always something!)

Here's a video I just found on my camera of Recon about a month ago at a show and go at our local kennel club. He's about 5 months here just jumping 8" and tunnels. Short clip since you can't see him once we moved farther out. He's still not slowing down and I love it! We're working skills (2o2o, wrapping, and focus) at home and logistics at class, getting him onto a teeter and used to open weaves. He's doing fantastic transferring home practice over, luckily!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeAh_UkPnKw
Old 01-24-2013, 10:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
That's crazy, both of my boys have always been drawn to the tunnel for some reason. I guess I got lucky! (but Frag refused a dog walk last weekend so we NQd.. it's always something!)

Here's a video I just found on my camera of Recon about a month ago at a show and go at our local kennel club. He's about 5 months here just jumping 8" and tunnels. Short clip since you can't see him once we moved farther out. He's still not slowing down and I love it! We're working skills (2o2o, wrapping, and focus) at home and logistics at class, getting him onto a teeter and used to open weaves. He's doing fantastic transferring home practice over, luckily!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeAh_UkPnKw
He's 5 months old? or you've training for about 5 months?
Old 01-24-2013, 10:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
He's 5 months old? or you've training for about 5 months?
He was 5 months old in this video. He is 6 months now.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:50 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
He was 5 months old in this video. He is 6 months now.
Oh, I didn't know you could start them that young. I wanted to start agility with Gwen but we were told to wait until she was about a year.

We'll start doing some agility this spring, since she's about a year and half now.

I'll finally get to be in this thread!

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airn View Post
Oh, I didn't know you could start them that young. I wanted to start agility with Gwen but we were told to wait until she was about a year.

We'll start doing some agility this spring, since she's about a year and half now.

I'll finally get to be in this thread!
It is not good to start repetitive jumping, contact hitting, or weaves until after growth plates have closed at maturity (or close) but flatwork, tunnels, and short jumps are totally fine in moderation. We don't jump in class or regularly, we just run through sequences. But the breeder said jumping below their elbows was fine up until a year, so we occasionally do a few jumps at 8", like this show and go. He's still got a table under his teeter and the poles open though, so no pressure there at all, and he only works on rubber matting usually.