Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #451  
Old 09-27-2012, 05:25 PM
monkeys23's Avatar
monkeys23 monkeys23 is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: PNW
Posts: 1,449
Default

I like watching Backup's videos! Glad you two are having so much fun as well.

We finally drank the kool aid and started learning some aglity stuff at our private lesson on Tues. It was really fun!
Reply With Quote
  #452  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:32 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 28,413
Default

I wish Mia's toy drive would translate out onto the agility field! She'll kind of meh chase the ball, which is totally the opposite of at the park or home. I think it is because she has more food drive and she's holding out on me....

Stays were GREAT. She broke maybe 3 or 4 times all night. And they were handling errors. She was SO MUCH BETTER!

Summer is cracking me up at how enthusiastic she is. I'm so glad I decided to train with her for fun even though she's old. She's a hoot and she's having a blast, which is the best part.

I'm going to try to remember to bring a camera next week. I was going to this week but was running late and forgot.
__________________
Mia and Summer
Reply With Quote
  #453  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Shai's Avatar
Shai Shai is offline
& the Muttly Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I wish Mia's toy drive would translate out onto the agility field! She'll kind of meh chase the ball, which is totally the opposite of at the park or home. I think it is because she has more food drive and she's holding out on me....

Stays were GREAT. She broke maybe 3 or 4 times all night. And they were handling errors. She was SO MUCH BETTER!

Summer is cracking me up at how enthusiastic she is. I'm so glad I decided to train with her for fun even though she's old. She's a hoot and she's having a blast, which is the best part.

I'm going to try to remember to bring a camera next week. I was going to this week but was running late and forgot.
Hurray Mia!

Also: NO MORE CALLING SUMMER OLD!!!

Hmph.

Glad you're having a blast. Can't wait to see vid next week!
__________________

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Reply With Quote
  #454  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 28,413
Default

It's so funny because Summer is the one getting the attention for being so 'fast'. lol She was never SLOW but I did not have to run full out to keep up with her with the old training methods. She's really kicked it into high gear now.

Unfortunately she's also the most obnoxious dog in the class. BARK BARK BARK BARK every time some other dog gets to go. Zoomies like crazy. She went ballistic her first exercise today. Just RUNNING and jumping all over everything. I will admit, it made me grin from ear to ear and probably shouldn't have. I love my not so old dog.

Mia looks so sensible.
__________________
Mia and Summer
Reply With Quote
  #455  
Old 09-27-2012, 08:59 PM
BostonBanker's Avatar
BostonBanker BostonBanker is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vermont
Posts: 7,912
Default

Quote:
Unfortunately she's also the most obnoxious dog in the class. BARK BARK BARK BARK every time some other dog gets to go. Zoomies like crazy. She went ballistic her first exercise today. Just RUNNING and jumping all over everything. I will admit, it made me grin from ear to ear and probably shouldn't have. I love my not so old dog.
I love Summer so, so much. Her also-not-old Mountain Cur counterpart gets away with such behavior at trials now, because it makes me so happy to see Meg get "wild".

I was so excited to have actual video to share from Gusto's lesson a few weeks ago - someone sent me the DVD that I hadn't even realized they were making. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get it to work. It might not have anything on it. Or I'm an idiot. Or both.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #456  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:04 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 28,413
Default

I just love seeing them having a good time. It helps me to remember that's what it's really all about.

And I love Meg and Gusto so much too. Some good dogs there.
__________________
Mia and Summer
Reply With Quote
  #457  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:07 PM
Shai's Avatar
Shai Shai is offline
& the Muttly Crew
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 5,779
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I love Summer so, so much. Her also-not-old Mountain Cur counterpart gets away with such behavior at trials now, because it makes me so happy to see Meg get "wild".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I just love seeing them having a good time. It helps me to remember that's what it's really all about.
Can't tell you how much I would love to see Kim zoom around an agility course again. Wild eyes, wind in her ears. Would give just about anything for that. And she's not even old...

Live it up.
__________________

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Monster Monkey, b. Dec'13
Reply With Quote
  #458  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 PM
Panzerotti's Avatar
Panzerotti Panzerotti is offline
Top Dog
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Grande Prairie, AB
Posts: 949
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I was so excited to have actual video to share from Gusto's lesson a few weeks ago - someone sent me the DVD that I hadn't even realized they were making. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get it to work. It might not have anything on it. Or I'm an idiot. Or both.
Make it work! We want to see Gusto in action!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #459  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:15 PM
Finkie_Mom's Avatar
Finkie_Mom Finkie_Mom is offline
It's A Red Dog Revolution
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Bensalem, PA
Posts: 1,336
Default

I really do love watching Backup... He's just SO in to it! I don't have much advice to give in the way of jump work as I'm definitely not an agility trainer, but I hope you find something that works for you both soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
I'm going to try to remember to bring a camera next week. I was going to this week but was running late and forgot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I was so excited to have actual video to share from Gusto's lesson a few weeks ago - someone sent me the DVD that I hadn't even realized they were making. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to get it to work. It might not have anything on it. Or I'm an idiot. Or both.
HEY! YES! Videos from both of you pleeaaaasseee????
__________________
Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Like us on Facebook!

Loistava's Jari - 14 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Reply With Quote
  #460  
Old 09-27-2012, 09:32 PM
Laurelin's Avatar
Laurelin Laurelin is offline
I'm All Ears
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 28,413
Default

One thing I have noticed is now that we're stringing together sequences (just 4 or so obstacles at once) my handling has reverted some back to what my old trainers had taught me. Especially my tendency to call every single obstacle. I went through one run with Summer saying 'jump! jump! tunnel! jump!' My trainer looked at me funny.

It is very interesting to me that this school doesn't call obstacles at all. Everything is just telling dogs to go out ahead or turn in to you (I'm sure it will get more complicated further in to it). My last trainer taught every obstacle by name.

I'm also not nearly as fast as my dogs. I need to work out. If my timing is not perfect with Mia, she's off course fast. I notice she's a lot more touchy than Summer is. If my body is not turned just the right way, she'll blow past what I want her to do.
__________________
Mia and Summer
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.


1997-2013 Chazhound Dog Site