Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-13-2014, 08:57 AM
Top Dog

Love hearing everyone's updates!

It's almost fall! That means we'll start trialing again! Our last trial was pretty bad & stressy...we've made SO many improvements in class and the yard since then so I'm anxious to see what happens come our first trial again.

I've been looking into different organizations (CPE is really all I know and I love the number of classss you can enter and I love the games) -- but I'm considering USDAA and AKC but going out of my comfort zone freaks me out.

Next Monday is "customer appreciation day" at the place we train where they put on a BBQ and free fun trial-like day. Excited to see what happens!
Old 08-13-2014, 09:10 AM
I'm All Ears

I like my little bubble of TDAA and USDAA lol. If we had CPE I'd like to try it but we don't here...

I keep debating about doing the UKC trial in October. I hear it's easy to knock out their beginner titles in a weekend. I need to register her AKC but all my friends hate AKC trials so... not sure. I keep hearing bad things about how they're so strict and slow.

We have August off and then pending health stuff TDAA trial first weekend of September. Cross your fingers for a standard Q so we can finally move into superior. We're almost done with our games 3!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Love hearing everyone's updates!

It's almost fall! That means we'll start trialing again! Our last trial was pretty bad & stressy...we've made SO many improvements in class and the yard since then so I'm anxious to see what happens come our first trial again.

I've been looking into different organizations (CPE is really all I know and I love the number of classss you can enter and I love the games) -- but I'm considering USDAA and AKC but going out of my comfort zone freaks me out.

Next Monday is "customer appreciation day" at the place we train where they put on a BBQ and free fun trial-like day. Excited to see what happens!
I am excited to see how you and Crosser do getting back into the swing of things! I know what you mean about going out of your comfort zone... I need to get out and try AKC / new venues, too... (My impromptu goal is CATCH by 4 and MACH by 6) If you want, I'd be interested in going with you to an AKC trial and we can experience it for the first time together to maybe ease some stress!

I haven't been able to train much lately which is really demotivating me and I'm doing a lot more with Disc, but I still want Recon's C-ATCH... So I need motivating to keep trialing. It sucks when you don't have anyone to go with you. My ex was good for that, at least... But now I have more friends in the disc world so it's just leading me away.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 08-13-2014, 10:54 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Lo has been working on some basic flatwork skills, we'rr having a lot of fun

Mir is still getting back into shape post-maternity leave. Hoping to have her back in the ring next month and competing the following month. Hoping!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-13-2014, 10:59 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
If you want, I'd be interested in going with you to an AKC trial and we can experience it for the first time together to maybe ease some stress!
It's a long trek but if you guys came toward Indianapolis or something else south-er like the St. Louis area, I'd be happy to meet y'all there and do the thing. I've only ever done AKC.

I sorta think we should do a St. Louis agility trial Chaz meetup LOL.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-13-2014, 11:05 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
It's a long trek but if you guys came toward Indianapolis or something else south-er like the St. Louis area, I'd be happy to meet y'all there and do the thing. I've only ever done AKC.

I sorta think we should do a St. Louis agility trial Chaz meetup LOL.
Man, I so have the travel bug lately- I would be very interested! Between disc and agility, I'm looking at traveling a lot anyway. Was traveling to Indy every weekend for my SO anyway. Dog stuff is better!

Milwaukee last weekend for disc golf, and Naperville labor day weekend for disc... St. Louis is only 6 hours - I could do that too!

I should probably trade in my car soon if I'm going to be traveling like this...

ETA; I still really want to run on the flooring at Pawsitive Partners in Indy! I don't know if they ever do anything other than CPE, though. :-/

Old 08-13-2014, 12:01 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
ETA; I still really want to run on the flooring at Pawsitive Partners in Indy! I don't know if they ever do anything other than CPE, though. :-/
That's where I was this past weekend LOL.
The turf is okay, not my top fave but they replaced it a few years ago so it's pretty good. I didn't bother with rosin this weekend because I don't feel like it's very slippery, which is good. The building is teeny-tiny though, and the crating situation is always kind of weird. But I still like to trial there because the people are generally nice, the hotels are pretty affordable, it's not super far away from me so it's an easy drive to get there and back when I'm done. Also Indy isn't really super crazy traffic so it's not a big deal. Some of my friends have quit going over there way, but I still do it.

I'm planning on being back at Pawsitive for their October and November AKC trials. Evansville is holding a trial over Halloween and I'm planning on that one too, but that's in almost-to-Kentucky Indiana.

Springfield? I don't know if that's closer to you guys. They are doing three days AKC mid-October.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 08-13-2014, 01:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
That's where I was this past weekend LOL.
The turf is okay, not my top fave but they replaced it a few years ago so it's pretty good. I didn't bother with rosin this weekend because I don't feel like it's very slippery, which is good. The building is teeny-tiny though, and the crating situation is always kind of weird. But I still like to trial there because the people are generally nice, the hotels are pretty affordable, it's not super far away from me so it's an easy drive to get there and back when I'm done. Also Indy isn't really super crazy traffic so it's not a big deal. Some of my friends have quit going over there way, but I still do it.

I'm planning on being back at Pawsitive for their October and November AKC trials. Evansville is holding a trial over Halloween and I'm planning on that one too, but that's in almost-to-Kentucky Indiana.

Springfield? I don't know if that's closer to you guys. They are doing three days AKC mid-October.
I have only run outdoors and on slick rubber matting, so that is like heaven to me! LOL - I've been there to watch Willy run Pimg and Recon has trained there, but I've never gotten to actually work on it. Janet and Mike are really nice so I'd like to support their place. Maybe I will have to check out the AKC trial there in October! Ashley, what do you think?

eta; Indy is about 3.5hrs depending on the time of day. Springfield is 5 hrs 11 minutes via google maps, so a bit further. I don't really *like* to travel more than 4 hrs for a typical trial, but I could be convinced. haha.

Old 08-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Vizsla mom

You mean you broke up fiancé? That stinks. If anyone ever finds themselves in Nova Scotia ..I'm here! Ahaha
Old 08-13-2014, 02:51 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
You mean you broke up fiancé? That stinks. If anyone ever finds themselves in Nova Scotia ..I'm here! Ahaha
Yep, we are no longer together.