Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Top Dog

Mimi earned her NA with a 95 and a first! Yayaya!

Old 07-12-2014, 10:54 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Siri and I are re-visiting some focus work. Work that I should have probably done more intensely months ago. But anyway, she's doing great, learning that she can't just disengage whenever she wants to, etc. etc.

Megan and I went to a newish park today, and I just took a Hoop to work on focus. Here are a couple pics...

(she's only on a long line because earlier today we went to this park and there were some barn swallows skimming the ground...Siri has come a really far way with her impulse control, but I wanted to set her up for success tonight)
Siri1 by laurenscoombs, on Flickr

Siri2 by laurenscoombs, on Flickr

Siri3 by laurenscoombs, on Flickr

She's so much fun to work with. Nothing less than 1000%!
I feel so bad that she's stuck with me! Her brother is already competing, and we're...er...yeah.

We also started weaves, and she's doing stellar. So freaking smart.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Top Dog

Congrats to Cobain and Rigby!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 07-13-2014, 09:39 AM
Top Dog

Two out of five Qs yesterday, one out of one so far today- Recon's first outdoor/all weekend long trial!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-14-2014, 11:32 AM
Top Dog

Some videos from the weekend. 6/10 Qs, two titles... learned a lot! He was not completely on game, was hot and tired, but we had a good time.

The last video, Jumpers run (which got us out of level two and we are now into level three) was the last run of the trial, and he was doing great until I said something, which I am really bad about, as he was over a bar. Not clean, but still a nice run on his part and a 1st place Q. We had 5 first place Qs and 1 2nd place Q- our jackpot run was level one (we had never been able to enter before!) and we beat everyone through level 4 (same course) - there were a few (4 or 5) level 5/C dogs that beat us... so I felt pretty proud of him for that one. Thankfully, my fiancé accompanied me and entered Pimg in a few runs and he was able to give me some really good strategies for games.

It was a great way to celebrate my birthday AND Recon's birthday! (7/13 and 7/16)

Old 07-15-2014, 08:14 AM
The Monster.

Nicely done! The courses look so smooth and fun. Makes me want to look into CPE more seriously.

Congrats to everyone who's posted recently. Cobain & Rig, Mimi, Recon, Siri and everyone else.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 07-15-2014, 11:00 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
Nicely done! The courses look so smooth and fun. Makes me want to look into CPE more seriously.

Congrats to everyone who's posted recently. Cobain & Rig, Mimi, Recon, Siri and everyone else.
CPE is a really nice starter venue... They don't have international handling, so success is going to be pretty high, which is very motivating. I'm glad we started here, for ring experience for us both and to compensate for not as rigid of training in the beginning. We aren't ready for AKC yet, primarily due to level of faults - off courses and whatnot... So we're going to get our C-ATCH, then move onto AKC.

It's also great for someone with no real goals, just looking to have a nice time playing with their dog, or older dogs, etc. Just a little less competitive, ya know?

Old 07-15-2014, 12:51 PM
Top Dog

I just sent in Gusto's CPE registration. I am planning to use the venue to work on his trial issues. As silly as it seems, I am putting my USDAA masters dog in level one, so we can get short, fast courses. USDAA is my real love, but there is a lot to be said for simplicity.

Old 07-15-2014, 01:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
I just sent in Gusto's CPE registration. I am planning to use the venue to work on his trial issues. As silly as it seems, I am putting my USDAA masters dog in level one, so we can get short, fast courses. USDAA is my real love, but there is a lot to be said for simplicity.
I don't know what issues he has exactly, but I think it's great for motivation/encouragement! Recon could have trained just a little more and started at level 3, but I wanted him to have success for a while, first. We were able to breeze through the first few levels in just a couple trials.

Old 07-15-2014, 04:34 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I don't know what issues he has exactly, but I think it's great for motivation/encouragement!
He's stressing. His stress doesn't really show as "stress", which is why it took me so long to pick up on. Originally he would just wander off sniffing, and trainers had me treating it as disobedience which I think just made it worse. The sniffing is basically a non-issue now, but he still is slower than I'd like (and a lot slower than at practices), and sort of wide and lopey on turns. I'm hoping I can go in, amp the heck out of him going to the startline, release without a lead out, and do a big fast loop and run out to cookies. We will see. It's my current plan, because I'm otherwise out of ideas. I have a lesson Thursday with a new trainer, so I'm hopeful she will have some thoughts on how to handle things.