Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Top Dog

By some miracle of god, I got a check from the bank and the OK from the trial secretary to mail in our entry for the 12/13th of July, an hour north at a new venue, our first outdoor trial, on my birthday, 3 days before Recon's birthday!

He's been to 5 days of trials, has only ran a full day once or twice I believe, so it will be interesting running both days, all classes. I don't think he'll have a problem, but interesting to see nonetheless. He started in level one CPE from scratch 9 months ago, and he's in level three for Snooker and Fullhouse already. Hoping to make it into level three in Standard, Colors, and Wildcard by the end of the weekend. Hoping for nationals next year in Florida!!

I'm pretty proud of my little red dog. Hoping this is an awesome 2nd birthday present for him! My dog trainer/good friend is hoping for her first C-ATCH that weekend, so I'm hoping to have a great time. Fiancé is accompanying me, of course, for my birthday.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-02-2014, 03:25 PM
I'm All Ears

Been debating back and forth about entering 1 day or 2 days at this next USDAA trial. We've had so so success with that venue. If she'd run like in class she'd more than make time, lol.

Well I decided what the heck, we will try 2 days. One big goal I have with her is to get a USDAA title. She has 3 Qs.... all in different things of course.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:45 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh man, we had a great practice today.

She did 12 poles after only ever doing 6. First try hit the entrance and got them ALL. I was shocked.

I have converted my trainer who had said forever that she'd only ever have BCs to 'I think I would like to get a papillon one day' She told me Summer is just a really really good dog. Not that I didn't know that but it's awesome to have other people see how special she is too.

Summer was fast and awesome and she is just so much fun to run.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:03 PM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

So insignificant to most here... but we have drive!!!! Like no disconnection at all during our "runs". Yes, we don't always make it over the obstacles, but we actually have drive to work with. Amazing.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 07-02-2014, 11:46 PM
Top Dog

Drive is a huge hurdle with some dogs, congrats!
Old 07-04-2014, 07:20 PM
Behavior Nerd

KESTREL GOT HIS FIRST STANDARD Q!!!! He's 5yo, but we only just got our weaves figured out in the last year and my ankle sprain meant that we hadn't trialled as much this year as I'd hoped. He just needs two more standard Qs for his AD!

The run was messy (blew his startline because i didn't set him up correctly, ran over to say hi to a photog on the sidelines, ran past a few obstacles when my cues were late, and ran out of the ring thinking he was done after one of those blown obstacles), but he was still 8 seconds under SCT , never once thought about visiting ring crew or the judge, and he even took the cued tunnel instead of his beloved Aframe! So proud of the boy!

Old 07-04-2014, 08:23 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
KESTREL GOT HIS FIRST STANDARD Q!!!
Congratulations!

I am very jealous. Between no Tristan and no agility, I feel like I have absolutely nothing going on in my life right now. And one of my July lessons already got cancelled (trainer is going to be overseas competing), and I just have a feeling the other one is going to fall through as well, because that is how things seem to work.

I hate living in Vermont sometimes. Not only are trials always a million miles away, but so it good instruction.

Old 07-06-2014, 04:28 PM
Top Dog

Double NQ for Mimi! A combination of novice dog and novice handler.

Despite not having a Q, I'm happy with our runs. Novice standard, she nailed the broad jump line but had too much 'oomph' coming out of the chute and couldn't stick to the dog walk.

Jumpers was an operator error.. forgot where the third obstacle was and ended up with a refusal call. Missed the weaves the first time but got all 12 the next attempt! First time she's ever done all 12 in a trial (also only the second time she's seen 12 poles in a trial, but still..). The rest of the run post-weaves was awesome, despite some sketchy handling on my part. Happy Whippet.

Old 07-09-2014, 10:17 AM
Wild At Heart

Well I got a new job, which is all YAY except for the fact that we are going to have to go on an agility hiatus again

Our agility class is on Monday at 6, an hour away. As of right now I'll be working Monday/Friday 9:30-6:30 (until August comes, then it is Monday thru Friday 9:30-6:30).

I'll be out of town next week, so really our last class was this past Monday. I'm so bummed out.

Harleigh <3
Old 07-09-2014, 10:18 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkiluvsu15 View Post
Well I got a new job, which is all YAY except for the fact that we are going to have to go on an agility hiatus again

Our agility class is on Monday at 6, an hour away. As of right now I'll be working Monday/Friday 9:30-6:30 (until August comes, then it is Monday thru Friday 9:30-6:30).

I'll be out of town next week, so really our last class was this past Monday. I'm so bummed out.
Hugs. I totally feel your pain. I had to give up classes for job reasons too and it sucks.

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12