Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 06-24-2014, 03:19 PM
Top Dog

Had some open floor time last week with Meagan, Rider, Tulsa, Recon, and Patton. It was awesome.

Recon is now weaving a full set reliably, offside. Onside still needs some practice. :-/ We worked on speed and collection with obstacles before the weaves. He just walked in and decided he knew how to do a full set. He's never been asked to weave more than 6, that I know of!

Patton was a superstar. His first time being on an agility course, and he was rocking reverse flow pivots into wraps into 10-20' tunnel sends! Made me a very happy camper!! He's gonna be a tunnel suck, for sure. I think we will do most of our training on our own and keep classes going with Recon since my focus is on him, but it was nice seeing his potential!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 06-25-2014, 09:37 PM
I'm All Ears

We've had 3 really great practices this last week. Nothing too notable but she did her weaves every time first time today! And my trainer was impressed because she was almost fast. Still not as fast as she has been at home but still....

We are struggling with the right side weave entrances but we got some good advice after class today on working that side. We've had to do weaves TOTALLY different for her than any other dog my trainer has ever trained. But she's getting somewhere and as my trainer pointed out, I AM trying to teach an old dog new tricks and we should be proud of all she's accomplished at such an age.

The other parts of our runs were overall very good. We did some novice courses and those were flawless. We did one twisty turny thing where I had to run backsides of everything and that was a disaster. She likes to know where I am and we've not practiced that before so she'd go halfway then pop out thinking I was going doing other stuff without her. So we need to work on that. But other than that it was great. I've been told I need to enter her in novice everything now that she weaves.

Our TDAA ring rental went AWESOME. She did great and was fast and everything.

I have the best learner's dog ever though really. I love her a lot. Who'd have thunk that me and my 8 year old 'too old for agility' would get this far. She's so much fun.

Ok I'll stop bragging on her.
Old 06-25-2014, 10:10 PM
such sights to show you

Crosses are mildly confusing to me, but I think I'm getting the hang of them. The instructor said we can also learn a blind cross now if we want to, or later and I was like H*LL NO THE FEWER I NEED TO LEARN RIGHT NOW THE BETTER.

Also, during our initial steps just starting to teach a back cross, when Squash is on my left he keeps confusing me luring him with my left hand for my hand signal for a left pivot... then, since he's now essentially standing in front of me he decides to throw in a backwards leg weave for good measure Every. Single Time. lol. (Not looking for advice, we'll get it, but I just think it's funny. Or at least I will until he trips and kills me.)

Old 06-26-2014, 02:47 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Siri says 5 foot tunnels are for jumping on top of and offering downs. She won the creativity award for the day.

She also says that the teeter is the most fun she's ever had. The harder it slams, the happier she gets.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 06-26-2014, 03:40 PM
Top Dog

Lol, one of the dogs at class last night decided the collapsable barrel was for jumping into.
Old 06-30-2014, 07:02 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

I made the decision to run another Finkie in agility. No one forced my hand. It WILL get better.

Perfect timing for Recallers........

UGGGHHHH JARIIIIIIII.

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 07-01-2014, 10:11 AM
Top Dog

Kili has an evening trial next week. I entered her for real. Her first real trial! Ahhhh! It's just Jumpers and Steeplechase that's offered. She's not quite ready in standard anyway.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 07-01-2014, 10:13 AM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Kili has an evening trial next week. I entered her for real. Her first real trial! Ahhhh! It's just Jumpers and Steeplechase that's offered. She's not quite ready in standard anyway.
Are you in Alberta now?

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-01-2014, 10:28 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Leaving Thursday night for a weekend trial. I'm terrified of running Payton again. I feel like all this work will be worth absolutely NOTHING and I'm going to have to really try and remember all my new rules for handling. Which I will probably remember NONE of them.

It's also Georgie's first time in Excellent Jumpers. She's pretty good, she just needs to get her weaves done the first time. We shall see, my mom has been working on them with her.

Auggie runs Saturday. <3

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-01-2014, 10:53 AM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Leaving Thursday night for a weekend trial. I'm terrified of running Payton again. I feel like all this work will be worth absolutely NOTHING and I'm going to have to really try and remember all my new rules for handling. Which I will probably remember NONE of them.

It's also Georgie's first time in Excellent Jumpers. She's pretty good, she just needs to get her weaves done the first time. We shall see, my mom has been working on them with her.

Auggie runs Saturday. <3
Good Luck! And Have Fun!