Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 06-23-2014, 07:36 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Yay Cohen! NICE Jumpers run!

BB - I think Gusto looks good! Man, you should have seen some of Kimma's past runs...... SO SLOW. Her running so slow was what made me take our 4 month break from trialing (2 months of that was a total break from agility). But for her in class and in trials I've just abandoned basically all criteria. Seriously. Her only job is to run. And hopefully do everything. If we miss something, we keep going. It's been helping her attitude TONS. And really it's been helping mine as well. It's almost like I've been forced to only care about my dog having fun LOL.

I hope you figure something out soon!!!

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 06-24-2014, 07:30 AM
The Monster.

Guys! Look! I didn't think it was possible for Cohen to actually jump, collect & wrap (and yell) at the same time.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 06-24-2014, 07:41 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post
Guys! Look! I didn't think it was possible for Cohen to actually jump, collect & wrap (and yell) at the same time.

Hahahaha that picture is great in many ways

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 20 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 7 years old (M)
Old 06-24-2014, 08:23 AM
Top Dog

Going to another trial this weekend, outdoor this time.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:47 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Yay Cohen! NICE Jumpers run!

BB - I think Gusto looks good! Man, you should have seen some of Kimma's past runs...... SO SLOW. Her running so slow was what made me take our 4 month break from trialing (2 months of that was a total break from agility). But for her in class and in trials I've just abandoned basically all criteria. Seriously. Her only job is to run. And hopefully do everything. If we miss something, we keep going. It's been helping her attitude TONS. And really it's been helping mine as well. It's almost like I've been forced to only care about my dog having fun LOL.

I hope you figure something out soon!!!

I've started doing this recently--abandoning criteria--and I can see a difference already.

Crossbone stresses so badly in trials (or when he thinks he's doing something wrong) and it makes me more frustrated which makes him more upset. Add to that his environmental stresses and we have an unhappy Crossbone and handler!

Last night in class he was sniffing and just generally disconnected and sloooow. I said screw it! Grabbed a roll of paper towels and beat him. Jk. I revved him up with the paper towel roll and just ran around the course like a crazy person then gave him tons of treats. When I got him out the second time he was so much better. It reminded me to stop expecting so much and just have fun. I want him to enjoy running with me.

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 06-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Top Dog

We have.. Limited criteria. I ask for a start line stay but don't really enforce it. I ask for 2o2 contacts but don't drill them. It works for Mimi Ezra gets more criteria. Because he needs rules.

Practiced yesterday, I freaking love my girl. She was awesome. Did well with her weaves, too. If I don't cross the plane of the obstacle before she enters, she stays in them most all the time. If I cross the plane with lots of motion before she gets in them, she'll blow poles trying to catch up. Working on calling her through them and starting to work on tougher entries.. Though I think I'm sticking to my trainer's method of just not crossing the plane first in a trial.

Ezzie is coming along, too! He's at the stage where he takes everything literally. Body posture is too forward or my cue is too 'up' when signaling for a tunnel entrance, he'll jump over or on top of the tunnel. His jump work is a lot better, though, which makes me happy. And he RUNS! Never thought I'd see enthusiasm out of Stonerdog.

Old 06-24-2014, 11:25 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekah View Post

This is amazing!

Old 06-24-2014, 12:13 PM
Top Dog

And the trial was cancelled
Old 06-24-2014, 12:22 PM
Big Dog

All except for one of our trials are outdoors. We have competed in rain, windstorms and 90 degree weather. Have never ever seen a trial cancelled due to weather. Assuming that is why the trial was cancelled but maybe not.
Old 06-24-2014, 02:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
But for her in class and in trials I've just abandoned basically all criteria. Seriously. Her only job is to run. And hopefully do everything. If we miss something, we keep going. It's been helping her attitude TONS.
Yeah, I think I may need to go that way with Gusto for a bit. It kills me because - ****, he had reliable contacts! But it is stopping which equals thinking which equals stressing. His runs don't look *that* terrible to me; it's more the comparison of those runs to how he runs when he's not stressed.

We've got our lessons in a few weeks, and the possibility of getting into monthly lessons with a trainer I really like come this fall. Hopefully I can get a good plan for going ahead.