Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 05-01-2014, 08:54 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Kili is supposed to have her first full weekend trial this weekend... and now I think she might be coming into season. Sigh. I thought she looked a little puffy yesterday at lunch but wasn't sure if it was my imagination. This morning I'm pretty much convinced though I guess we'll have to see what happens over the next day or two since I could possibly still be wrong. No blood, no change in behaviour.
This is the biggest reason I want boys! Siri came into heat the day before what was supposed to be her first show (in WCRL puppy classes). These trials only come around twice a year, so it was sad!

I hope Kili holds off for you and you can go to the trial!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 05-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Top Dog

Ok got the premium for another trial, this one is June 6-8, so it will be my first now
Old 05-01-2014, 10:37 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I think AKC's policy now is to refund everything except the recording fee for bitches who come in season. So everything except like $3 or something. A lot of clubs around here will also refund fully if there's anybody on the wait list to fill the spot.

I really want to spay Georgie now for the same reason. She's over two so there's really no reason not to do it now, I'm just waiting for the okay. I need to bring it up again because it's a PITA. Boy dogs... SO much easier.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-01-2014, 10:45 AM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Ask me again in a year or so, but at this point I'd take a bitch coming in to season over a hormonal adolescent male dog any day

I'm sure they will refund you, krissy.

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 21 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 05-01-2014, 12:19 PM
Vizsla mom

Kili& her bad timing! They should refund ..they always do around here! Tomorrow we leave for a one day trial on Saturday. Standard jumpers& gamblers. And I'm going without Briar all starter baby classes and hopefully some serious trial environment improvement! I am cooking liver to try to convince her to love me more than she needs to stress run aha
Old 05-01-2014, 12:30 PM
Top Dog

Well, I thought it was refunded for bitches in heat. The premium reads: 4. There will be no refunds for entries withdrawn after the closing date, except for injured dogs or bitches that come into season. There will be no refunds in the event a dog and/or handler are dismissed from competition, regardless the reason. No refunds or credits will be issued once the trial has started.

And this is a trial hosted by my trainer, so I figured no biggie. Last night they sent out all the confirmation information on running order etc. so I e-mailed back and said that Kili might be coming into heat and I might need to pull her. The e-mail they sent back said I could pull her at any time and standard policy is no refunds after closing. So I'm a little confused and might need to get them to clarify that.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 05-01-2014, 12:55 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Uh, yeah, what? LOL... it says right there except for bitches that come into season. Yeah. That's weird. I'm pretty sure you'll be getting a refund.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 05-01-2014, 01:06 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Yeah I would send them the language from their premium and get your refund. Sounds like it is clearly stated that you should get your fee returned, possibly less the fee they need to pay to the overarching organization.

However, if she is not actually in heat now they probably do not need to honor that until she does, and they may be within their right to ask for a vet cert.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 05-01-2014, 01:13 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Yeah I would send them the language from their premium and get your refund. Sounds like it is clearly stated that you should get your fee returned, possibly less the fee they need to pay to the overarching organization.

However, if she is not actually in heat now they probably do not need to honor that until she does, and they may be within their right to ask for a vet cert.
Well, I am her vet, so they should take my word for it.

But that begs the question, what do most people consider to be "in season"? Technically she's not "in heat" until she stops bleeding is actually receptive to the male. Now that won't be for probably a week. But I'm betting tomorrow or the day after that she'll start bleeding since she's got vulvar swelling.

Now... if she's not bleeding yet and she's just a little puffy... would that be considered "in season" or could I still take her to the trial? Summit has shown no real interest in her and he's normally quite interested in females in season (even though he's neutered). I don't know if it's because she lives with him or because she's not interesting enough yet.

So I mean... do I just show up to the trial with her so long as she's not in standing (receptive) heat?

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 05-01-2014, 04:16 PM
& the Muttly Crew

For practical purposes, any vulvar discharge and/or the fertile span during which she's most attractive to males would get you booted from any event that bans bitches "in heat."

But then I am not a trial secretary, much less your trial secretary.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13

Last edited by Shai; 05-01-2014 at 05:08 PM.