Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-22-2014, 10:15 AM
Vizsla mom

Too funny! If you find a video, please share so I know I'm not in the struggle alone ahaha
Old 04-22-2014, 10:52 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Too funny! If you find a video, please share so I know I'm not in the struggle alone ahaha
I'm sorry. Alone? Have you not seen my dog? lol. Never fear. On Friday you shall have video proof of my dog's inability to focus.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 04-22-2014, 11:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Well, we had our last two training sessions before our first "trial". Kili has an FEO jumpers and standard on Thursday. I will see what the courses look like but she won't be running a full course... partly because I don't want to do that much in such an intense environment and partly because she doesn't do weaves yet and we JUST got teeter to full height and am still helping her a little with it.

Fun little sequence at class on Sunday. I think this is the longest sequence we have run so far without reward (okay, other than at the frame for holding the contact). Also, good example of our "personal/naked play". This works really well for us and I think shows what a good relationship we have together... but it can be dangerous! In the last clip Kili actually raked me across the face with her nails. Ouch!

Thursday is coming fast. Wish us luck for not having a puppy meltdown!
You guys look awesome! There is a greyhound that runs at a lot of the trials I go to (all of them?) and I'm honestly not sure why... I don't think I've ever seen him complete a course, and his owner is very abrasive with him. He's been trialing for years, though.... so you guys look like PROS in comparison! Keep up the great work!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 04-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
You guys look awesome! There is a greyhound that runs at a lot of the trials I go to (all of them?) and I'm honestly not sure why... I don't think I've ever seen him complete a course, and his owner is very abrasive with him. He's been trialing for years, though.... so you guys look like PROS in comparison! Keep up the great work!
Thanks! I think she's doing really well. I'm very pleased with how she's coming along.

That's too bad about the guy that you see at trials. Greyhounds of all breeds probably are one of the most sensitive. Even in the clip I just posted, when Kili clawed me in the face and I reacted with pain she immediately shut down and thought she had done something wrong. I had to go back and work her back up a little bit. They're so sensitive. You just can't be abrasive with them (not that you should be abrasive when training any breed).

Old 04-22-2014, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Thanks! I think she's doing really well. I'm very pleased with how she's coming along.

That's too bad about the guy that you see at trials. Greyhounds of all breeds probably are one of the most sensitive. Even in the clip I just posted, when Kili clawed me in the face and I reacted with pain she immediately shut down and thought she had done something wrong. I had to go back and work her back up a little bit. They're so sensitive. You just can't be abrasive with them (not that you should be abrasive when training any breed).
What's funny is that this dude is the happiest dog ever, he completely tunes out his owner (probably because of her attitude) and just takes off bounding around the ring. I wonder if it's a coincidence that she needs gates shut for both of her dogs when they run...

Old 04-22-2014, 05:02 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
What's funny is that this dude is the happiest dog ever, he completely tunes out his owner (probably because of her attitude) and just takes off bounding around the ring. I wonder if it's a coincidence that she needs gates shut for both of her dogs when they run...
As a general rule, I wouldn't call zooming around on course or leaving the ring signs of happiness.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 04-22-2014, 05:43 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
As a general rule, I wouldn't call zooming around on course or leaving the ring signs of happiness.
Zoomies can definitely be an indication of stress or confusion. Greyhounds are difficult because they definitely get the zoomies out of pure happiness too... however I doubt that's the case given the description of what is going on.

As o the gates... most greyhound owners believe their dogs are incapable of learning any sort of recall. As with all dogs... some are and some aren't. But the reason may just be typical greyhound owner attitude rather than a true indication of the recall the dog has.

Old 04-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
As a general rule, I don't either.

Old 04-22-2014, 07:15 PM
Wild At Heart

More videos of Harleigh!

We are dealing with some teeter issues at the moment. In the second video she bailed it, but I got her back on it and she completed it. Not sure why she did that, as that was her third time doing the teeter last night. Not to mention the practice we did before class on the small teeter.

Also - excuse the long time lapse of us just standing there in the second video. I couldn't crop it for some reason

Harleigh's boyfriends were there last night also. Two male Labs. She is absolutely, positively in love with them.

Harleigh <3
Old 04-22-2014, 07:27 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
As a general rule, I don't either.
So why do you in this case?

-------------------------------

Yay Harleigh!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13