Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Top Dog

Almost didn't come to the trial today... Glad I did.

Recon's first class was awesome. Not quite how I planned in the beginning, but it's Fullhouse.

First place Q for level two at 38pts

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 04-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJEtzel View Post
Almost didn't come to the trial today... Glad I did.

Recon's first class was awesome. Not quite how I planned in the beginning, but it's Fullhouse.

First place Q for level two at 38pts
The threadle at the beginning was super nice; he looked like a seasoned agility dog. It was a great run, and well handled. You looked amazing! It's hard to believe I'm (kind of, sort of) dating you (without all that official crap)! Great job!

C-ATCH Pimg - DOB: 2/06, UJJ (x2), HIT, CA, CGC
High Jinks vom Neuanfang - DOB 9/12 (Gotchya Day: 1/23/2013) agility superstar in training
Old 04-19-2014, 03:09 PM
Top Dog

Good day for us! Pimg didn't get to participate due to an injury at the park last night, but Recon went 4 for 5, first place every time he Q'd. A new title or two today...

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 04-19-2014, 04:12 PM
I'm All Ears

Only 2 runs today. No Qs but two firsts. Gamblers was great but I had to step over the line. Then I stepped back out and she did the Rest of the distance stuff which is very hard for her. Then jumpers we were less than half a secon over course time. Boo. We had one bobble And she went to go say go to the ring crew but she called off an came back to me without jumpin in their lap. So overall I'd say that is a big deal for her.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:39 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Only 2 runs today. No Qs but two firsts. Gamblers was great but I had to step over the line. Then I stepped back out and she did the Rest of the distance stuff which is very hard for her. Then jumpers we were less than half a secon over course time. Boo. We had one bobble And she went to go say go to the ring crew but she called off an came back to me without jumpin in their lap. So overall I'd say that is a big deal for her.
I don't know how USDAA works but in AKC, if SCT is 53 and your dog runs it in 53.5, you still Q so long as you're not actually at 54... I didn't know that but had that happen with Auggie. In my head if SCT is 53, 53.01 is "over" - but apparently it doesn't work that way. You might check!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-19-2014, 05:46 PM
I'm All Ears

I was just looking at the times on our ribbon and apparently we were over 1/2 a second but under 1 second over. .8 of a second over. Boo. Oh well. I thought my friend who was doing the scores had said a half a second but it was a bit more.

SCT was 42.00 and we were 42.8. So close.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:53 PM
Top Dog

Congratulations to those of you who trialled this weekend! I love the updates!

Gusto and I went and hung out a bit at our local AKC trial this morning. I decided not to enter since AKC is so expensive (running both dogs would have been nearly $100 more than my entries for both dogs to the 3-day USDAA trial in May), but pretty much everyone I know was running, so we went to watch. Despite the terrible weather we have been having, I'm excited for our first outdoor trial of the season next weekend. Hopefully the snow will stay away! And Gusto's brain will come along for the ride.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:01 PM
I'm All Ears

I am still thrilled she called off of jumping in the ring crew's lap. Haha, it's the little things.

I am trying to decide if I want to enter a trial 3 hours away in May. If I don't then I can't play USDAA till July... I go back and forth. Need to decide by next week since it closes. We have a TDAA in May, NASCW in May, and a TDAA in June and USDAA in July if all goes well.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:27 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
I am trying to decide if I want to enter a trial 3 hours away in May. If I don't then I can't play USDAA till July... I go back and forth. Need to decide by next week since it closes. We have a TDAA in May, NASCW in May, and a TDAA in June and USDAA in July if all goes well.
The way you say that, it makes it sound like 3 hours is a long way away. Which just makes me think I have to move. At the seminar last weekend, another participant was complaining about how few local trials there are for her now, and someone brought up one to which she replied "That's nearly an hour away, I don't consider that local." The closest USDAA trial to me is once a year, and is just under an hour away. Anything under 3 hours is "local" for me, and worth considering driving down in the morning for. I'm doing four trials in RI this summer, which are over 4 hours.

I really live in the wrong state.

Old 04-19-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm All Ears

There are only 3 or so USDAA trials in the state as of last year. Our club is the only one. 3 hours is pretty close... I'm thinking I'm going to go. Might as well, right? Summer's not getting any younger and I'd like to finish up her P1 titles eventually...

Oklahoma is like no man's land for agility though. Or dog stuff. I am thinking abut starting rally-o but there's like... one trial I know of here. Tow if you count the big confo cluster.