Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 PM
I'm All Ears

Oh and me "Summer you're going to kill me."

Trainer: "No, she's just going to make you a really good trainer."

Later on (after our endless little dog zoomie in circles forever moment) I was complaining about her lack of focus. "She just a little excited.'

A little bit excited?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:13 PM
Top Dog

Kili looks great! I need to start taking video of my guys...

Mimi.. AHH. We're trialing this weekend. FOR REAL. I'm excited. We're practicing things above Novice, so I'm hoping we'll be good! Class today for her was a Standard run, we did decently, she decided she wanted to do 10th pole popping for offside weaves.. need to work on driving with her. Also need to work on driving to jumps.

Ezra's class was a basic 'course'. Lower A-Frame, versaweaves, baby dogwalk. He did well! We need to work on building value in jumps... the boy has drive, but no focus. He 'graduated' agility 1.. again. PhD student. xD I'm thrilled with how far he's come in the past couple months, he's actually having fun! Boybrain kicks in every once and a while (well, regularly), but he's enjoying it.

I ran Mimi through his course after class and she has a speedy run through a pretty simple course (and we threw in some nice lead changes, yay!). Nice little confidence booster for the trial this weekend.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriskai View Post
Kili looks great! I need to start taking video of my guys...

Mimi.. AHH. We're trialing this weekend. FOR REAL. I'm excited. We're practicing things above Novice, so I'm hoping we'll be good! Class today for her was a Standard run, we did decently, she decided she wanted to do 10th pole popping for offside weaves.. need to work on driving with her. Also need to work on driving to jumps.

Ezra's class was a basic 'course'. Lower A-Frame, versaweaves, baby dogwalk. He did well! We need to work on building value in jumps... the boy has drive, but no focus. He 'graduated' agility 1.. again. PhD student. xD I'm thrilled with how far he's come in the past couple months, he's actually having fun! Boybrain kicks in every once and a while (well, regularly), but he's enjoying it.

I ran Mimi through his course after class and she has a speedy run through a pretty simple course (and we threw in some nice lead changes, yay!). Nice little confidence booster for the trial this weekend.
Yep we are doing level one again as well, this long horribly cold winter with snow for 6+ months has made practicing more then once a week more then a little difficult.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:38 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
Yep we are doing level one again as well, this long horribly cold winter with snow for 6+ months has made practicing more then once a week more then a little difficult.
No shame! I'd honestly take it a third time with him, but I don't want to take up a spot that a super new person could be filling. I think my trainer for Mimi's class is going to let me start bringing Ezra for baby sequences... that way I could at least keep myself consistent, as opposed to going back and forth with different instructors?

Old 04-08-2014, 07:21 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
Gah I'm soo jealous! I can't order jump cups into Canada via amazon
I saw some on Etsy. Not sure what shipping would be like but worth checking out?

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 04-08-2014, 07:34 AM
I'm All Ears

We are running our first USDAA snookers. Anyone have advice? It always looks terrifying.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:09 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
We are running our first USDAA snookers. Anyone have advice? It always looks terrifying.
Go for the Q and not for the points and you'll do just fine. I love snooker!!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 04-08-2014, 09:16 AM
Top Dog

Snooker is the Best Game Ever! Seriously, I think half the reason I do USDAA is for Snooker.

Advice: don't skip the briefing ever. The rules change. Ask questions if you are at all unsure.

Plan for flow in the lower levels. You don't need a ton of points. You need 37 to Q. The closing is 27 points if you get through it. Three red jumps = 3 points. So you need 7 for your opening obstacles. A 2-2-3 is going to get you a Q just as much as running your butt off for 7-7-7. You don't have to kill yourself for points until Masters/PIII.

Some people plan for what they will do if they make an error; that doesn't help me, but some like it.

If you hear the whistle, run for the finish to stop the clock!

Old 04-08-2014, 12:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
If you drop a bar in the opening and it's supposed to be in the closing, just pretend like it's still up and run through it anyways. Lola never drops bars, so this one completely threw me for a loop and we got whistled last time because she sensed my hesitation and went around it.

It's fun though, just figure out how much you need and go for the most flowing course you can. Have the opening lead right into the closing.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:46 PM
I'm All Ears

You know, I don't think Summer has ever knocked a bar.

I just hope I can remember it! I always end up having to wing my gamblers runs so this will be new!

It's red, blu, red blue red blue closing? Right?