Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 04-03-2014, 09:18 AM
Top Dog

Oh yeah, that sucks when it's stress as opposed to just overstimulation/excitement. She's done fun runs before though (I don't creep people's blogs or anything). Was this just a new location or a bigger event that she was more stressed?

ha ha, you just want to be in good company. I'll post videos from her upcoming FEO/fun runs. First real trial though won't be until about August I don't think. Just as many fun runs and FEOs as I can do to get her used to all the hustle and bustle because otherwise I KNOW she'll blow me off to be stressy! There isn't even a question.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 04-03-2014, 01:54 PM
Vizsla mom

Oh she stress ran at fun runs as well.. I just didn't put those posts In the blog ahahah she eventually adjusts but with three runs (1 Fri evening and the other 2 Sat AM) I think she was beyond being able to adjust this time. You can see it majorly in the last clip. Sniffing/ not breaking a stay are two huge clues that she is going to zoom away.

Part of it was my fault. I was stressed about her running away which made her stressed. I am getting better and next trial I'll know everyone so that should make a huge difference as well! Next trial is also in a barn so very familiar to her. Hopefully.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:10 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Anybody here ever done a seminar/clinic with Stuart Mah? What'd you think? You can PM me if you want.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-03-2014, 10:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Anybody here ever done a seminar/clinic with Stuart Mah? What'd you think? You can PM me if you want.
Do it. Well worth the money. We had him out a few times to my training school in Minnesota. Actually he's there this week and I'm super jealous of everyone that's there!
Old 04-04-2014, 02:13 PM
Top Dog

Ugh. Bad trial day.

Our first run was really good (before the rain started, we were just one point short of a Q.) and he ran fast and was happy.

But it had all of Crossbone's fears---
1) New place with new footing (turf)
2) Loud rain
3) Scary man yelled at him at the end of his 2nd run (he ran just out of the ring and I was calling him back)
4) The loud heater started blowing right before our 3rd run and he was so freaked out he ran all the way back to his crate..

So, needless to say, we left early

Silly dog and his silly fears!!!!
Old 04-04-2014, 02:17 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Ugh. Bad trial day.

Our first run was really good (before the rain started, we were just one point short of a Q.) and he ran fast and was happy.

But it had all of Crossbone's fears---
1) New place with new footing (turf)
2) Loud rain
3) Scary man yelled at him at the end of his 2nd run (he ran just out of the ring and I was calling him back)
4) The loud heater started blowing right before our 3rd run and he was so freaked out he ran all the way back to his crate..

So, needless to say, we left early

Silly dog and his silly fears!!!!
Awww! I'm sure you'll get it figured out!!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Do it. Well worth the money. We had him out a few times to my training school in Minnesota. Actually he's there this week and I'm super jealous of everyone that's there!
I've e-mailed to see if there are any spots left... he's got an open level seminar in June I'd like to take Payton to. I'm not sure if I can do it though, because they say your dog has to have at least one Q in that level... and unless I'm forgetting some miracle that happened when I wasn't paying attention, he hasn't gotten any Open Qs yet. Ugh.

The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 04-04-2014, 02:31 PM
Top Dog

Huzzah for the weather getting good and new agility classes starting this Wednesday!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 04-05-2014, 07:25 PM
Top Dog

I mailed in my entry for the first outdoor trial of the year today. The snowbanks on my street are still taller than I am. Spring really is going to come...right?

I've been all stressy since the last trial. It's the downside of doing so few trials, one bad one and I angst about it for a month or more until the next. And our next trial is that outdoor one. He's only done a few outdoor trials - we shall see, I guess!

We have a seminar next weekend that I'm super excited for. The instructor always leaves me feeling incredibly motivated and upbeat, so I'm hoping that breaks the cycle of "ugh, I failed this dog" that my mind has been stuck with.

Old 04-05-2014, 08:35 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Really frustrating fun runs with Payton today... it's so weird how I have the two extremes. Auggie was slow-pokey need for speed and Payton is super high need ALL THE CONTROL.

Georgie, meanwhile, is a very good girly, got all her contacts today, and if I can get her weaves more consistent and she can do a better job of keeping with me instead of going on any more exploratory wild runs around the ring, I think she'll be a very nice, easy, consistent Qer. Watch me put a MACH on Georgie long before Payton even approaches one.

Auggie had a real blast just running for fun and it's the best thing in the world to run Auggie.

The Sheltiechick Blog