Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-30-2014, 02:38 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Siri's contact word is yellow. Which was an option given to me by someone else on here because I used all the obvious words for other tricks.

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Vizsla mom

Briar' sword is stop and Penn has running contacts. Sort of. She will before the summer ends. Maybe.

This trial was stupid. B& I went 2/ 3 with nice runs in Steeplechase& Gamblers but Penn went 0/ 3 with lovely stress signals and runaways. Bright side? Good blog material.
Old 03-31-2014, 02:47 PM
Legion of Zoom Den Mother

Ocean got to play some NADAC agility this weekend and tried his hand at some open classes. He blew the doors off of his first attempt at Open Tunnelers with his first Q at 6.58 yards/second! He was the third fastest dog out of all the Tunnelers classes (Elite, Open, and Novice.)

He also earned his Novice Jumpers title with another nice and fast run:

Sunday, Ocean got his 2nd Open Tunnelers Q! It was a little hairy a couple of spots because he doesn't understand tunnelers handling shorthand like Lars does. LOL Despite overshooting two tunnels and correcting them, it was still a 5 yards per second run...Little Mr. O was movin'!

I did move him up to Open Jumpers and we had a blast. He had one little wheeeeeee (AKA baby dog brain farts) moment at the beginning. He ran past me and took an off course jump and dropped that off course bar when I called his name. The rest of it was a load of fun to handle and he listened so well. Front crosses all over that course! What a good, good boy!!
Obedience HIT Winner, 2010 ARC Agility Top 10, 2011 CRC Agility Top 10, 2012 ARC Open Obedience Top 10, 2013 ARC Rally Final Top 10, NADAC Novice/Open Versatility, 2012, 2013 NADAC Judge's Choice Award, '12 - '13 NADAC #1 Rottweiler

Ocean - Deerwood's Oh Stars on the Water! RA NJC TN-O HIC CGC
2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC
Old 03-31-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm All Ears

I had a good class with Summer today but I cried leaving Mia behind. She so wanted to go and got so excited about it. Broke my heart.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm All Ears

Summer was blowing contacts again last night. My trainer pointed out that she was going sideways off the bottom of the teeter and I was allowing it since she was hitting the yellow (has to to get it to tip!). She was jumping the dogwalk and kept kind of going sideways. So now I think I need to really work the teeter and make sure she's coming off it at a forward angle.

We don't have this problem at trials, just class where she's sooo wound up.

Signed Summer up for some USDAA in 3 weeks! If we Q we may title. That'd be nice.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:58 AM
Top Dog

So.. I'm training tomorrow, class next monday... and hopefully I can make it out to train Wednesday or Thursday next week... because... First agility trial ever in 10 days not counting today.

I hate being new. I have no problems parading my dog around in a suit skirt and getting judged in the conformation ring... But now I could splat next to the weave poles.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriskai View Post
So.. I'm training tomorrow, class next monday... and hopefully I can make it out to train Wednesday or Thursday next week... because... First agility trial ever in 10 days not counting today.

I hate being new. I have no problems parading my dog around in a suit skirt and getting judged in the conformation ring... But now I could splat next to the weave poles.
Good luck! Take video! Then if you do splat on your face you'll have something to remember it by ;-)

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 04-02-2014, 12:11 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrohwen View Post
Good luck! Take video! Then if you do splat on your face you'll have something to remember it by ;-)
Lol! I need to remember that. I want a splat video. With diva dog next to me giving me the "Lady srsly. You're ruining my moment" look.

Old 04-02-2014, 12:12 PM
Top Dog

I haven't competed yet either but I have done some interesting things in training. And I was just watching Crufts on youtube the other day and there was an epic almost wipeout. It was hilarious and the dog still got it right, and the handler didn't actually fall. Win-win-win! Try to enjoy!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 04-02-2014, 12:22 PM
I'm All Ears

For some reason I just don't get agility nerves. I'm just really lax about the whole thing. As long as she's happy and not stressing, I'm happy. Last trial I ran the wrong course and just kept going with it. Why not?

Oh and my dog also ended up in the ring crew's lap. Everyone laughed and that was that.

I find pretty much everyone is focused on their own dog. There's a few naysayers but ignore them. I find the majority of people, even the most experienced, are really understanding and helpful to the green teams.