Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-26-2014, 09:53 PM
Top Dog

Ezra is a loon. At least he's having fun.

Mimi rocked a relatively complicated course (for our level). Also entirely shocked me with how well she worked our new 'go around' cue. I have no idea what the technical name is, but going out around a jump and jumping back over it in the less logical direction.

I have video.. debating on posting it. Unfortunately it's of our worst run tonight. I didn't think to have someone film until after we'd run the course three times and done some individual obstacle training, so she's tired and slugging a bit and I'm cuing a bit too fast.

Old 03-26-2014, 10:10 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriskai View Post
Mimi rocked a relatively complicated course (for our level). Also entirely shocked me with how well she worked our new 'go around' cue. I have no idea what the technical name is, but going out around a jump and jumping back over it in the less logical direction.
Backside jump!! Good for you!! I need to train those too. Eventually. *whistles*

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-26-2014, 10:36 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Backside jump!! Good for you!! I need to train those too. Eventually. *whistles*
BACKSIDE! So. Much. Logic.

I think I might change my cue word to that.. I've been using "Go around" I think.. but that's also her verbal cue to circle around me to my other side... It might not matter, though. I yelled "Teeter!" today to cue the tunnel. There was no teeter out.

I have no idea why Mimi's good at agility. Obviously isn't me!

Old 03-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Yeah, I'm still not sure what to call it either. "Back" means to walk backward, "around" is to wrap a jump. I feel like it should just be some kind of random word I can shout on the course and look like an idiot. Like "Batman." BATMAN, BATMAN!!

Don't worry, my dogs have had their fair share of "Tunnel, no teeter, no - THAT THING THAT THING." hahahaha.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 03-27-2014, 12:08 AM
Top Dog

Diesels agility class was tonight and he did all.the.things! Perfectly, even a switch super stoked!
Old 03-27-2014, 05:34 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Yeah, I'm still not sure what to call it either. "Back" means to walk backward, "around" is to wrap a jump. I feel like it should just be some kind of random word I can shout on the course and look like an idiot. Like "Batman." BATMAN, BATMAN!!

Don't worry, my dogs have had their fair share of "Tunnel, no teeter, no - THAT THING THAT THING." hahahaha.
Lol. My problem is the table. There are so many T words (tunnel, tire, teeter, table) that my intention is to call the table "box". Except I can never get it right and it ends up being "Table! No, wait, box! This thing right here!" And then half the time ai forget until she is on the table that I called it the wrong name. Ih well.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 03-27-2014, 05:37 AM
Top Dog

Quote:

LOL! It's too bad "Read my mind" might be a little too long to use as a cue word.

"Jump, jump, tunnel, wait, no, TEETER! Good! Read my mind!!!"

Old 03-27-2014, 05:43 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy View Post
Lol. My problem is the table. There are so many T words (tunnel, tire, teeter, table) that my intention is to call the table "box". Except I can never get it right and it ends up being "Table! No, wait, box! This thing right here!" And then half the time ai forget until she is on the table that I called it the wrong name. Ih well.
I train with a Dane that uses 'stick it' with her table cue. She might say 'table', too..

I'm pretty sure, now that I think about it, that I started by using 'climb it', 'walk it' and 'tip it' for the a frame, dog walk and teeter. I think now they've all become 'walk it', and teeter gets an 'easy, tip it' halfway down. Lol.

I should write my words down.

Old 03-27-2014, 08:48 AM
Top Dog

"Push" is my backside cue for Gusto. I use "out" for Meg, which is also my lateral distance cue. Meg actually does read my mind, so I can get away with stuff like that with her.

Old 03-27-2014, 09:20 AM
Vizsla mom

Yeah push is B& Penn's word as well.. I also use pipe instead of tunnel because too many T words. I also have a run videotaped where I am clearly ointing at the teeter and yell pipe. So it doesn't really help ahaha