Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-21-2014, 09:11 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Oh god our trial is tomorrow and we have still not seen a hoop!

Good luck today!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 03-21-2014, 10:49 AM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Siri is getting purple snap on jump cups and 5 way connectors. Because purple.

Also, HOW ARE CONNECTORS SO FREAKING EXPENSIVE?! I thought I could get them super cheap on Amazon (since they don't have them at HomeDepot, since they aren't for plumbers ) but no. So I'm getting purple ones because they are only like $1 more per connector. And purple.

(Important decisions have been made: All of my Hoops tubing is getting wrapped in green tape. All of my jumps are getting purple tape. BECAUSE STYLE IS IMPORTANT!)

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 03-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Top Dog

PWCorgi, I love the purple and green color combo! Just this morning I was thinking about what colors I want to use when I build jumps.

Last night Watson decided to be a brat and run away from me. He had been doing so well too! I don't think he's run away from me in the last 4 classes. He's definitely worse when I can't exercise him before class, and early classes don't leave me any time for a walk. I hope he grows out of this with maturity and practice. Part of it is "whee!! I have lots of energy!" and part is "OMG I have to sniff the butts of the other dogs!" I've decided his new name is "No-No-Bad-Dog"

In positive news, we did our first front cross!

Watson - Ch. Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 03-21-2014, 11:53 AM
Wild At Heart

I still haven't heard back from Harleigh's (former) agility instructor.

She said we could fit into the Wednesday night class, but we just can't do Wednesday nights here. Any other day is perfect. I know they have classes on Tuesday as well and I told her we could do that day, but still haven't heard back.

I hope I do soon because I really want to get started back! It was so much fun

Harleigh <3
Old 03-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Top Dog

Great day of CPE with Crosserton!!! Q'd with first places in 4 out of 5.

Now to decide if we want to do tomorrow and/or Sunday. :P

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador | Smallpox - 2014 Rat Terrier
Old 03-21-2014, 05:29 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Great day of CPE with Crosserton!!! Q'd with first places in 4 out of 5.

Now to decide if we want to do tomorrow and/or Sunday. :P
That's awesome!!! Is there going to be video?!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
2 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi
Old 03-21-2014, 05:37 PM
Top Dog

I didn't get any video today, unfortunately My videographer (husband) is out of town. I'll bring the camera tomorrow and/or Sunday and see if someone'll tape us.

Old 03-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Top Dog

Just wanted to say you guys have good taste in colors! XD

ALL my stuff is taped green/purple.

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 03-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Top Dog

Omg. So freaking tired. The hounds and I went to a Christine Zink seminar today. We go back tomorrow.

Morning was all lectures on nutrition, effects of spaying/neutering. Afternoon we talked about conditioning exercises and tried them out with our dogs. I'm glad I had already started Kili on "sit pretty" and "wave" so we didn't have to start from the very beginning. Then we got to play with FitPaws equipment. I have a balance disc at home but no space for an egg or peanut, so got to try those out.

I am exhausted and so excited to incorporate my new knowledge into our routine. I think this is going to be so great in the long run for Kili's and all future dogs' agility careers.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 03-21-2014, 10:00 PM
I'm All Ears

Well day 1 went well. No Qs but I'm still very very happy with it. My trainer got video but I don't have it yet.

We just had 2 Touch n Go runs. It's interesting.... the course was the same for masters, open, and novice. Is that typical? My trainer who is running masters said our second course was really hard.

I was also surprised that there's no veterans class for non jumping events. So Summer didn't get any extra time (not that we needed it. We were well under it even with a fumble in each run). But it seemed weird that vets get extra time on jumping courses but not on regular courses?

I also FINALLY figured out the proficient vs skilled thing. That's confusing. Anyways, we were the only proficient in our height, everyone else was skilled! So we had faster course times and couldn't make any errors. If I'd known that I'd have run her skilled and we would have Q'd. Oh well.

Our first run was perfect save a missed dogwalk- EXACT same thing that got us last trial. I got to rewatch and I think it's a combo of her going WHEEEEE YAYYYY AGILITY! right off the start line and me not being good at cuing it. We also missed a tunnel/A-frame discrimination. Second run went fabulous. Except for the fact that Lauren ran the wrong course at the end. Whoops! My trainer said it was a gorgeous run... except I ran the wrong course. That's the second tme I've done that. We also missed another tunnel/dog walk discrimination. We need to work those, haven't visited them in a while. I guess it's a GOOD thing because she hated tunnels previously, lol.

Also, this trial is FULL of papillons! Everywhere! Maybe the most populous breed there. So weird, we've always been the only pap!

And probably most important- Summer settled in her crate! One minor barking fit then she settled in and relaxed some. She also ran very happy and focused and had a lot of fun. Very happy even though no Qs. We did get a third place which actually meant something since there were so many dogs running in the short dog class. I had a lot of fun too. There's 3 of my classmates starting to trial too so it's great to see the teams start to compete.

Last edited by Laurelin; 03-21-2014 at 10:25 PM.