Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 03-14-2014, 07:20 PM
I'm All Ears

Is there a way to make one look like this?

Old 03-14-2014, 07:29 PM
Top Dog

Just a hola hoop? No I doubt it. But building those is super easy and cheap, 2 cost me 15 bucks I think.
Old 03-14-2014, 08:48 PM
I'm All Ears

Do you have good instructions? I am so not a handyman.
Old 03-14-2014, 09:00 PM
Top Dog

Well I had a hula hoop as a kid that came apart in two halves so it would have worked. I don't know if the still make any like that though. They're simple enough to saw in half though.

But to be honest I thought you were talking about something more like a tire jump, which is why I suggested the hula hoop.

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Walking dreamer
Future Puppy - Coming ~2016-2017
Old 03-14-2014, 09:12 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Do you have good instructions? I am so not a handyman.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Dog-Agility-Eq...-/370385538353
Looks like a pvc cutter (or hacksaw), some 3/4" PVC, and a hula hoop. Or a credit card haha.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 03-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Legion of Zoom Den Mother

Here's a link where you can just buy them...24 dollars might just be worth the hassle of making one.

http://www.affordableagility.com/hoops.htm
Obedience HIT Winner, 2010 ARC Agility Top 10, 2011 CRC Agility Top 10, 2012 ARC Open Obedience Top 10, 2013 ARC Rally Final Top 10, NADAC Novice/Open Versatility, 2012, 2013 NADAC Judge's Choice Award, '12 - '13 NADAC #1 Rottweiler

Ocean - Deerwood's Oh Stars on the Water! RA NJC TN-O HIC CGC
2013 ARC Agility Top 10

Train 'Em Tasks LLC
Old 03-15-2014, 01:29 PM
Top Dog

Well that was a waste of a hotel room. Next time I should just listen to my gut.

Gusto was super stressed out by the trial this weekend. I think it is a footing issue, and a ton of other dogs were having problems as well. We ran three classes last night, with a Q in the first class (his first time out at PIII jumpers), with each class progressively getting slower and most stressy. By the last class, I felt like I was pulling him around the course. I ran 1.5 classes with him this morning, and scratched the rest. I've worked too hard on his confidence to risk it. Meg ran her two classes (she has zero issues there, or really anywhere), but didn't cue; my errors because I haven't been running her lately and I tried to handle her like she's Gusto. She had a good time at least, and it makes me so happy she does.

I hate that I have over a month before my next trial. I will angst about Gusto until then.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:01 PM
Top Dog

Eep! I just filled out entries for four CPE trials & they're ready for the mail. We'll do one next weekend, then have a trial every other weekend through May 18th!

Quote:
Well that was a waste of a hotel room. Next time I should just listen to my gut.

Gusto was super stressed out by the trial this weekend. I think it is a footing issue, and a ton of other dogs were having problems as well. We ran three classes last night, with a Q in the first class (his first time out at PIII jumpers), with each class progressively getting slower and most stressy. By the last class, I felt like I was pulling him around the course. I ran 1.5 classes with him this morning, and scratched the rest. I've worked too hard on his confidence to risk it. Meg ran her two classes (she has zero issues there, or really anywhere), but didn't cue; my errors because I haven't been running her lately and I tried to handle her like she's Gusto. She had a good time at least, and it makes me so happy she does.

I hate that I have over a month before my next trial. I will angst about Gusto until then.

Sorry it didn't go so well, BB I'm glad Meg was sound and happy though! I know you were worried about that. I'm sure Gusto will be better next time on more comfortable footing.

I'm nervous because two of the trials we're signing up for are in a place where we had one night of class and had a bad experience (he started limping and then a horse vet fondled him and he freaked out and snapped at her). Sooooo, I'm all stressed out because he has a memory of an elephant and is already nervous in new places to begin with. We'll see!
Old 03-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Sit! Good dog.

Evidence!!!!

Fred's first time on the dog walk!

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They do not know jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing wasn't boring, it was peace."

Bodhi is the opposite of ignorance, the insight into reality which destroys mental afflictions and brings peace.

Owned by Bodhi Booglaoo and Fredington Holbein

Old 03-16-2014, 08:20 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

We're getting there.....

Loistava's Jari CGC - 17 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)