Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-21-2014, 10:32 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Good luck! Have fun!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9krazee View Post
Soo exciting! Can't wait to hear about it!!
Limit's evaluation went REALLY well :-) We're joining her Mon night class and she expects we'll be able to compete just fine! I am VERY excited. He was so good. He was a little nervous, even growled/bark when she came up (we were up on a hill in the dark when she approached and turned the lights on). He recovered within minutes. Was taking treats and doing his tricks for her. He did his contact behavior - she was really pleased with him overall and so was I.
Old 02-22-2014, 01:46 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

YAY! We have 4 pretty much straight poles from all angles! No video yet but maybe next weekend when we work them again I will remember to set my camera up. I really wish I had 2x2s here now that the yard is thawing. The ones I made got all sorts of messed up being outside in this weather :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Limit's evaluation went REALLY well :-) We're joining her Mon night class and she expects we'll be able to compete just fine! I am VERY excited. He was so good. He was a little nervous, even growled/bark when she came up (we were up on a hill in the dark when she approached and turned the lights on). He recovered within minutes. Was taking treats and doing his tricks for her. He did his contact behavior - she was really pleased with him overall and so was I.
Yay! I'm so glad it went well. Can't wait to "watch" him progress

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 02-23-2014, 11:10 AM
Show Dog

We had run thrus yesterday and I couldn't tell you how proud of Abby I am! She was completely stress free and happy! I had her doing tricks and she was 100% focused on me which is a first especially at this particular facility where she's been known to just completely stress out and be a bit reactive. Her first run was awesome the only problem was that she missed her weave entry, but other than that it was a nice run! We even got some compliments from the other folks there! Her second run was good as well though we did have a couple mistakes that were entirely my fault (stupid handler). But she had good contacts and even made the weave entry that a lot of the other dogs couldn't get! And I was just happy she was having fun considering right before this run she suddenly did get stressed and start to react, but I was able to pull her aside and we played some LAT. She was still clearly stressed going into the ring, but once we started running she was fine and afterwards was stress free, happy, and had no problems walking through the crowd of dogs/handlers to get outside. So I couldn't have been happier!

Vid of her 2nd run

She also got signed up with AKC and her first trial is March I think and then we have a USDAA trial planned for April! Can't wait!
Old 02-23-2014, 12:51 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Got all the supplies but one for the hoops, now I have to wait for the internet to deliver the last pieces. Want them now. MY LIFE IS HARD!!!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:09 PM
I'm All Ears

Well we dropped in another class. It was all border collies so that was... interesting. One I met this weekend- sweet older girl and the other is a crazy wild youngster and Mia would get so worked up when she'd start zooming.

Overall pretty good. We did simpler sequences and some obstacle work. That went great with both and Mia was fast tonight. Some sniffy behavior but every time she did she found herself a dropped treat. Summer impressed the other people and she really was fantastic.

Weaves. URGH my downfall. I swear I am so frustrated. My dogs act like they've never seen them before and I have no idea if it's just because mine at home are stick in the ground and don't have the bar across the bottom or what. They act like they have no idea. Summer especially just seems to not equate the weaves in class to the weaves at home. So we keep opening them and opening them and ugh... I just hate weave training and I suck at it apparently. My trainer had some good ideas but I have GOT to get on this training. Why do I suck so bad at weaves?

Mia also had a meltdown at the end of class because we got a wind gust and the chute looked scary. So we had to convince her the chute was still just the chute.

I'm also cramping badly and PMSy so I'm sure some of it is that but I'm bummed our weaves are still not getting anywhere. I'm going to try to film my training and maybe I'll see something... anything?
Old 02-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Silence, peasants.

I'm sorry you're having a hard time with the weaves, I will say that videoing your training is an *awesome* way to improve it! There are so many things I'm better at thanks to watching myself (and yet I still have tons of headsmacking moments).

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 02-25-2014, 08:35 PM
I'm All Ears

Thanks! I restarted 2x2s with Mia this last week. I may fork over the money for the actual DVD. It seems to be going better with Mia and she's getting more speed.

It's not working for Summer because her lack of front teeth means she can't open the tossed food toy. If I could figure that out that might help...
Old 02-25-2014, 08:37 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Thanks! I restarted 2x2s with Mia this last week. I may fork over the money for the actual DVD. It seems to be going better with Mia and she's getting more speed.

It's not working for Summer because her lack of front teeth means she can't open the tossed food toy. If I could figure that out that might help...
Good news! Yay!

Can you just have Summer bring it back to you to open? That's what I did with Kim while building ball drive. She could open it, but I didn't want her to...wanted her driving to it, grabbing it, then bringing it to me. Knowing the food was inside the toy seemed to help her make the connection and build value.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-25-2014, 08:38 PM
I'm All Ears

She won't pick up anything. Sadly.
Old 02-25-2014, 08:43 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
She won't pick up anything. Sadly.
Oh, sad

Manners Minder (or equivalent)?

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13