Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 02-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Top Dog

Just did my online entry for the national.. I hope we're ready for this! One weekend after the other.. Trial by fire!

Old 02-19-2014, 11:41 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by iriskai View Post
AKC - I haven't done registration for CPE or anything yet. It's actually the weekend before the Whippet National (which I'm signing up for tomorrow…) and happens to be at the club I train at. Maybe a good starter trial? I'm floating somewhere between excited and regretting my decision. I've shown dogs.. but it usually involves a skirt suit, dress shoes, pantyhose (ick), and politics! This is going to be a definite change of pace.. I'll have a friend video the runs so everyone here can laugh.
Sounds fun, good luck!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 02-20-2014, 11:22 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I entered the puppies in a novice-only trial. Nobody has any Open Qs yet so I could go ahead and put them in both jumpers and standard. Georgie still needs two standard Qs anyway. It's the weekend right before Louisville... I'm hoping it will give us a chance to kind of get back into the flow before I'm like HAHA OKAY HERE WE ARE BIG SHOW LET'S ROCK N ROLL. Pretty expensive practice, but I would rather have that be my expensive practice than Louisville. =P

My mom hurt her back earlier this week, so I took over training Georgie. I probably should have done it earlier, but I'm so busy already trying to put training a third dog in the mix is a little crazy. But she's actually quite a smart little girl and since I know what I'm doing we're making some progress already.

There's just soooo much to do and the yard is still a big snowy mess. It's melting right now, but in a couple days it's going to get severely cold again (no highs above 20) and it will all just refreeze. I'm considering skipping the gym tonight and trying to shovel out my backyard...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 02-20-2014, 11:53 AM
I'm All Ears

Next week I'm missing class so I'm dropping in another one. I've been warned it will be remedial for my dogs but it's better than no agility and tbh I'm kind of excited to see new dogs and people.
Old 02-20-2014, 12:26 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
Next week I'm missing class so I'm dropping in another one. I've been warned it will be remedial for my dogs but it's better than no agility and tbh I'm kind of excited to see new dogs and people.
Any is better than none, and I don't think it'd hurt to brush up on simple stuff! In my agility 1 class with Ezra, if he needs a mental break I'll swap Mimi in for a bit. Never hurts, and reminds me to keep up with the basics with her!

Old 02-20-2014, 12:34 PM
The Monster.

I'm in a class with people who are not ready for trialing and who may have no interest in doing so. It was the only class that had room for me. The courses are often frustratingly basic but you can add to the challenge a bit by layering obstacles, working on distance and pushing to the back side of jumps, etc while running. I hope to get into the competition level class eventually, but I bet it'll be a while before a spot opens up.

Cheynat's O' Lady Midnight CD RE ADC SGDC FDCh-S CGN HIC, Esq.
Megatron, Heat Vampire
Ci Da: Good Dog
Old 02-20-2014, 01:30 PM
Top Dog

Limit's evaluation/private lesson is tonight. I am so nervous and excited!
Old 02-20-2014, 01:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post
Good luck! Have fun!!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 02-20-2014, 01:48 PM
Top Dog

We had our third private lesson ever today and even though Crossbone & I haven't really racked up much practice time in the last year, I am so amazed and impressed every lesson how much he progresses. And how much fun he has!!! We haven't done any agility since his first trial back in December and he rocked it today. We are FINALLY getting on a regular weekly class schedule starting on Monday. I'm excited. The private lessons are great, but we do need to practice with distractions and around other people.

And I'm pretty sure I'm going to enter the CPE trial this weekend for funsies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG167 View Post

Soo exciting! Can't wait to hear about it!!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 02-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Vizsla mom

It is done. Penn has her first official AAC trial at the end of March. Two stabdards& a steeplechase. Not exactly what I was aiming for but it is all they are offering. We have one Jess Martin seminar before then.. Eek!