Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 01-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
Oh I don't doubt its awesomeness . Just not used to the idea of always being able to trial at the same place, or having trials every weekend, much less both! Bonus for getting to train there too. That'd be amazing.
That is one thing that I adore about this city/area, SO MANY DOG THINGS! There is always something going on. Eventually Siri and I will get to play too!

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm All Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
That is one thing that I adore about this city/area, SO MANY DOG THINGS! There is always something going on. Eventually Siri and I will get to play too!
You make me want to move there.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:46 PM
Top Dog

There are events that happen minutes from our apartment all year long, which is just crazy! Two facilities within 10 minutes, another within 15!

That's just right by our apartment! The twin cities is just jam packed with dog stuff, it's kind of awesome!
Puzzle Piece Gabby RLV 8 years
ESRA foster Diego 12 years
Old 01-23-2014, 03:51 PM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Almost makes it worth the whole, extra-long frozen water season, thing.

I'm hoping to make it to MN this year again. Just depends on a couple other trips, puppies, etc. It's been a year and a half since my last visit, yeesh.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 01-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Question for those of you who do agility. HOW do you remember the course? That is my biggest fear, I am going to screw up the order. LOL Its something I would kind of test out with Phoebe and see how she does.
After two decades of remembering horse show courses and dressage tests, my head wraps around agility courses pretty easily. The one thing I can't do is use course maps - spatial relations are really hard for me, and while it doesn't confuse me to look at the map, it also doesn't really help me. But I can walk a course 3 times and be good. At Cynosport (as well as most big national comps), the course walks were all first thing in the morning. So you'd go walk two or three courses between 7 am and 8 am, and might not run until mid to late afternoon. I did usually take one last look at the map before that!

Old 01-23-2014, 04:03 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Here we go...videos from our trial this weekend!

P1 Standard Q -
Hey, we trial at All Dogs all the time! I don't think I recognize you though; I think I'd remember such a fast Rottie! He looks wonderful.

Old 01-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
At Cynosport (as well as most big national comps), the course walks were all first thing in the morning. So you'd go walk two or three courses between 7 am and 8 am, and might not run until mid to late afternoon. I did usually take one last look at the map before that!
At regionals and nationals here they open all the rings for an hour for walking in the am and then right before you compete in that event they give you the standard 10 minute walk before. I honestly really like it

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 01-24-2014, 12:39 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsydals View Post
Question for those of you who do agility. HOW do you remember the course? That is my biggest fear, I am going to screw up the order. LOL Its something I would kind of test out with Phoebe and see how she does.
In training I rarely use numbers to follow a sequence, so that helps to remember where to go.

Like Sara, I break courses down into sequences and then put it all together. When competing, after I have walked and ran during the walk through, I step aside, close my eyes and run it in my mind. Then I shadow handle it with my imaginary dog with my eyes closed. Probably looks weird but it works for me. I know if I can't visualize it, then I will have trouble

I also have to be precise. If I am over tired or it is the end of the day and I am being lackadaisical by following the herd during the walk though, that spells trouble lol. Nothing worse than being part of the walk of the wildebeest (what I call everyone walking a course following each other and doing the same thing

Last edited by adojrts; 01-24-2014 at 12:53 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:41 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Nothing worse than being part of the walk of the wildebeest (what I call everyone walking a course following each other and doing the same thing
Hahahahah! I hate the herd. I always cut to the end of the course or walk the dog's line first to avoid the herd.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I try to let everybody get started ahead of me and let the herd thin out before I start walking. I'm not a fan of being all clustered up like that, it kind of triggers some claustrophobia stuff. =P It's also super awkward when you're part of the herd and EVERYBODY is walking it the same way, and then you're over here walking it differently. And everybody is looking at you like "that is totally the wrong thing to do you freak." Yes well. Thank you for your opinion on how to handle my dog that you've never even met. I appreciate that.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog