Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-23-2013, 09:59 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beanie View Post
Well.

Baby P has his NAJ.
And Qd his very first ever time in standard.

I teared up a little when I grabbed his "new title" ribbon. I can't believe it. He is such a good boy.

He did AWESOME for his very first outdoor trial. No peeing on anything. And his contacts were all beautiful. I'm so proud. My little guy.
CONGRATULATIONS!!! And yay for videos!
Old 09-23-2013, 10:04 AM
Silence, peasants.

Congratulations Beanie!! Oh my goodness, love the video. Your dogs are so cute.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 09-23-2013, 10:09 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Does anyone make their own agility equipment to practice on? After our new fence is finished, I want to start playing around with Josefina in agility but I don't want to spend a lot on equipment in case she suddenly decides she doesn't like it LOL.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:15 AM
Vizsla mom

Congratulations, Beanie& dogs great success!

I just got a spot for Sunday in the Jess Martin clinic with Penny.. SO EXCITED. And overwhelmed.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm All Ears

Yay Payton! Woohoo!

I need videos of at least Summer's runs this next trial. I'm so impressed wih my little old dog.
Old 09-23-2013, 10:33 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Yay Pay! Congrats Beanie

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-23-2013, 11:30 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Not much to report here, post-MACH. Guess that kind of took the cake. Webby is taking a break, possibly re-retired. Mira and Kim aren't entered in anything til late next month. After Kim's re-debut following her 15-month hiatus I am going to continue running her a bit, if she's willing. She had a lot of fun out there and was just ever so very pleased with herself, haha. I've been targeting her wild zoomy moods and taking her out in the field to channel them into something constructive and to get her weaving while wild. She nailed all five weave series last night while in ears-pinned/butt-tucked mode so yay! Still a lot if work to do to get them consistent...the glories of bad First Dog foundation training...her weaves are always the first thing to break down. Which is precisely why Mira's entries are super, haha.

So we're just brushing up foundation skills and doing a lot of crosstraining work. It's fun, but I am looking forward to getting back in the competition ring.

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-23-2013, 02:20 PM
Top Dog

Go Penny! She's looking awesome.

Congratulations to Payton and Georgie (for an awesome debut)!! They both look fantastic. Can't wait to see more!
Old 09-23-2013, 03:52 PM
Top Dog

boo winter is coming, which means that we will be only getting one day a week to train
Old 09-23-2013, 08:19 PM
I'm All Ears

I'm down to 1 class a week too, which sucks. I'm usually out there 2-3 times a week. I keep trying to convince myself a break isn't a bad thing and I'm sure new classes will open up soon and in the meantime I can use my class money for this month to buy a real tunnel. lol

Anyways, tonight was our first agility class after getting stormed out last week. It was also the first class where it was cooler (lower 80s) and getting dark. OMG what a difference! Mia's speed was probably 80% back up to the point that my new trainer (who has only seen summer weather Mia) was shocked at how fast she was. Summer's first run was like a rocket lol. Oh my word I was sprinting as fast as I could. Very exhilarating when they crank it up the whole way. Summer did tire out by the end- there were only 3 dogs in class as opposed to the usual 5.... I had 2/3 of the class! I got a workout.

Some good stuff today and I love my new trainer. She's been great at pointing out my handling inconsistencies (there's a lot). My dogs rocked tonight even though both went off course quite a few times- every time was my fault. I need to think more about what I am doing with my body and not so much about just hurrying to get ahead.

Summer is more handler focused and Mia is more obstacle focused so that's been challenging. I have to exaggerate with Summer a bit more to get her to cue the right discrimination. I also have a bad habit of not paying attention to what Summer is doing when we go to set up and also once we're done. Apparently she's criss-crossing behind me and that is causing some of our issues with her wanting to switch sides on me mid-run.

OH and teeter! Mia did 3 happy teeters. I could tell she's still a bit worried but I think salami is overcoming that.

I hope it continues to go well before the November trial.