Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 09-14-2013, 09:43 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Puppy shtuff... perch work, more rear foot awareness and balance training.

Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:55 AM
& the Muttly Crew

First first agility runs in just over a year: beautiful...except for that moment when she thought the ball of fur on the floor just might be sirloin...haha.

Ohhhh Kimmy. You crack me up.

After running Mira, it's so easy to forget that not all dogs naturally love to focus 100% on their job all the time.

Still really happy with what First Dog gave me after so much time off. She's a fine dog

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 09-15-2013, 09:31 AM
Top Dog

My dogs are so flipping amazing. Gusto is rocking this trial and Meg is always perfect and I have gushed to everyone here so now you guys are getting it.

Old 09-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Uuuuuuuugh I love Phelan. MOAR PLEASE.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-15-2013, 11:28 AM
Nuke it from orbit ...

Josefina would be SO SO good at agility ... but I am afraid to start teaching her to climb over things & under things & over things until I get a good, secure, taller fence erected around this yard because she has a tendency to ... uh ... use what she's learned to do naughty things :P ... typical ACD,

Old 09-15-2013, 06:11 PM
Top Dog

You must post at least one video of Phelan being evil for each cute video. That clip makes me want one so badly, and I need something to counteract it!

We just got home from two days of USDAA - Gusto's first time out since our online class. I spent most of the trial grinning like an idiot. He was happy and playing and barking on every start line; he ran beautifully the entire weekend. Zero sniffing, which has been our biggest sign of stress. A few wide baby turns, once or twice where he'd start staring off at the masters ring and then have to come back to me mentally, but so so so much better than what we had been getting.

He was the only dog out of all PII/Advance to qualify in snooker yesterday, along with a nice PII jumpers Q. His standard run Saturday was one of the best runs I'd ever had with him despite the fact that he popped the last weave pole - until today, when his PII Standard run was absolutely smooth and fast and flawless. I got all teary trying to cuddle him after his run - and he of course got annoyed that I was trying to snuggle in public. He's such a boy. He got another Snooker Q today as well.

Meg was just too much fun. I only ran her in standard both days, and I clearly need to put her in more than one class a day. She was so high and fast her feet were coming out from under her, and she'd get ahead of me and start play bowing. She didn't Q in either - missed a discrimination on Saturday, and play bowed in the weaves today - but I am just so happy to see her having such a great time and being so sound that it doesn't matter at all.

We've got two more fall trials, then I think we'll be on a very light schedule for the winter. I want to do a lot more proofing and teach a few other skills before he actually hits the masters ring!

Old 09-15-2013, 08:26 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Ohhhhhh I will take a Phelan please!!!! He's so good <3

Sounds like an awesome weekend, BB! Can't wait to see more videos of Gusto and Meg please?

Thanks meepitsmeagan for the siggy!

Loistava Kennels and Red Fox Dog Training
Boundless Pawsibilities

Loistava's Jari CGC - 22 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 5 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti ThD CGC TDIA - 7 years old (M)
Old 09-15-2013, 08:50 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

BB, what class did you take? I've got my eye on a few Agility U courses but nothing that is open right now of course.

Payton was amazing in practice today. We did a lot of handling in a circle then our last rep I decided to send him over a jump and then on to the dog walk instead of coming back to the jump, layering the jump. He was flawless. I bellowed "GOOD BOY" rather loudly. My neighbours all think I'm a psycho. They're probably right.

Georgie just miiiight pull off a jumpers Q. Less confident in standard with her, but I'm taking over training this week along with a can of squeeze cheese... so we shall see what we get!

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 09-15-2013, 09:31 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
BB, what class did you take? I've got my eye on a few Agility U courses but nothing that is open right now of course.
I did Agility Fix-It, with Tracy Sklenar, and really liked it. I'd absolutely do more with her (I also love her as a seminar presenter, and am going to one with her Thanksgiving weekend), although access to equipment is a big limiter for me. I've also heard great things about Ashley Deacon's classes.

It was kind of a trial thing for me; I 'did' Recallers, and really didn't enjoy it. I figured online training wasn't for me, but the format of the Agility-U class worked great for me. And we definitely got a ton out of it!

Old 09-15-2013, 10:40 PM
I'm All Ears

Gosh I really love your Meg. <3 What a sweetie.

We did private lessons today and my dogs crapped out on me within the hour. Sigh. We had to move to 2 jump exercises inside. It said it was 90 out but HUMID as can be and absolutely zero wind. It was worse than many warmer days we've spent out there.

Plus side is we got through the scary chute and made some progress on Mia's scary teeter. She is wanting to play with it and freely getting on but getting concerned still at the tipping point. We played the bang game and made the teeter easy and also super super happy. Rewarded with a tunnel and she had fun. I'm happy with the progress.

Other plus side is I now have some good 2 jump things to do in the front yard.