Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 08-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Top Dog

Teeter supplies have been obtained....now I just need to put it all together! Woohoo!

Crossbone - 2011 Cattle Pirate | Jack - 2004 Beaglador
Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazedACD View Post
Why not? You should give it a go, do some foundations with him!
Sadly, in a few short weeks he won't be 'mine' anymore and I'll go back to being dogless!

Feistea, ze Blog
Feist - 1 y/o Border Collie
Wesley - 3 y/o nephew derpoodle
Cleo - 13 y/o 'family dog' mini poodle
Old 08-02-2013, 11:47 AM
Top Dog

The Punk update:

Punky came into heat the day before her 8 month birthday. So that limited (a little bit) what we could do and not do, mainly any off leash work (not worried about her but other dogs coming to visit).

Her 2o2o work on a plank is solid, smarty pants wont break no matter what I do until she hears the release. Her wraps and sends are coming along nicely along with some lateral work.

I am really pleased with her heeling and pivot work. My puppy however didn't have much of a sit Still makes me giggle when she can so many other things and tricks but we had no sit. The looks I got from folks after they watched her to handstands etc, and then I told them she didn't know sit was very funny lol. But we are starting to get some nice sits now.

I introduced her to a lowered teeter last night for the bang game. She very quickly started jumping on from the side, running to the end and riding it down with me guiding it when it was higher. Note: training for a skateboard, wobble boards, balance disks were started in the whelping box and have continued to this time. I could then take off, she would hold the position until released, racing to me and coming to the right side.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:51 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
The Punk update:

Punky came into heat the day before her 8 month birthday. So that limited (a little bit) what we could do and not do, mainly any off leash work (not worried about her but other dogs coming to visit).

Her 2o2o work on a plank is solid, smarty pants wont break no matter what I do until she hears the release. Her wraps and sends are coming along nicely along with some lateral work.

I am really pleased with her heeling and pivot work. My puppy however didn't have much of a sit Still makes me giggle when she can so many other things and tricks but we had no sit. The looks I got from folks after they watched her to handstands etc, and then I told them she didn't know sit was very funny lol. But we are starting to get some nice sits now.

I introduced her to a lowered teeter last night for the bang game. She very quickly started jumping on from the side, running to the end and riding it down with me guiding it when it was higher. Note: training for a skateboard, wobble boards, balance disks were started in the whelping box and have continued to this time. I could then take off, she would hold the position until released, racing to me and coming to the right side.

We want Punky vids!!!

Sounds like she's coming along great. You must be so excited and thrilled with her

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-02-2013, 12:04 PM
Priscilla Winifred Corgi

Emailed about a foundations course that would finally fit into my schedule! *crossing fingers* This is my last ditch effort before starting private lessons and never again having any money.

I feel like we are soooo behind, I haven't started anything other than some basic cone work and crosses at home :/

Ado's Gimme Victory RL1* "Siri"
1.5 year old Jack Russell Terrier
Gimme Drugs Not Hugs RL1 "Frodo"
8 year old Pembroke Welsh Corgi

*All Siri's rally/obedience titles are to be considered handled by Megan,
because ain't nobody (read: me) got time or skills fo' dat.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:07 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai View Post
We want Punky vids!!!

Sounds like she's coming along great. You must be so excited and thrilled with her
I agree!!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by adojrts View Post
Go Punky!!

Zinga didn't have a good sit for a really long time, and her sit out of heel position is still questionable at times. Same deal, she knew tons of stuff before I ever got around to teaching her to actually sit. Wouldn't have it any other way.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 08-02-2013, 12:35 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
Emailed about a foundations course that would finally fit into my schedule! *crossing fingers* This is my last ditch effort before starting private lessons and never again having any money.

I feel like we are soooo behind, I haven't started anything other than some basic cone work and crosses at home :/
Where?!

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 08-02-2013, 12:54 PM
Top Dog

YAY! Drop in agility tomorrow IN TOWN after an agility class that I teach in the morning. ALL THREE DOGS ARE COMING. I'm a little insane..

Hopefully we'll get some pictures. Recon got to play around during my class last week and did really well!

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 08-02-2013, 01:32 PM
Top Dog

I packed up most of my agility equipment for the weekend camping trip...I'm crazy in the eyes if my husband lmao.