Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Fair enough. There is a difference between 'happy it is gone' and 'expected it gone' I guess. Time is the reason I have heard given for removing it/making it positionless. Everyone gets to go home earlier when you don't spend extra time waiting for dogs to lie down.
Didn't expect to be gone but I am happy there are changes, if that makes sense.

I was told the AAC made the change to bring us more in line with other orgs and the table performance requirements over seas.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Vizsla mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyPug View Post
We leave for nationals on Thursday.

I'm so excited and nervous at the same time. Today is my last day of work so I have 2 days off to over think absolutely everything lol!
So jealous! We will be there next year
Briar will always down on the table as it's automatic for him. Penny, it's automatic but she has such a big chest that it doesn't always look like she's fully down. With the new rule, does that mean I'm better retraining her to sit on the table rather than have a judge be iffy that she is really doing a down? Or do they just have to not move from a position (whatever it is) once they get on the table?

Also, look at us go in our masters level course.. think we stand a chance of getting out of starters?! Just ignore the fact that I'm a crappy handler (only been 8 months LOL) and that knocked bar at #3!
Old 07-29-2013, 08:42 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Briar looks good!!

I took the boys to the house tonight so I could work more with Payton on the dog walk. The very first time he got on it, it was hot from sitting in the sun all day, and he was startled by it being hot so he bailed off it and didn't want to go back on the flat plank. He'd go up the plank and then down to do his contact but didn't want to go across it. So I was clickering him and letting him be in control, but he still wasn't looking very confident. I decided to try backchaining it instead... that did the trick! We weren't there for very long and he was doing the entire dog walk by the time we were done. I only asked him for it about two more times after he offered a full dog walk to me. He then followed Auggie across it later.

Auggie.
Oh Auggie.
I wanted Auggie to do the dog walk in hopes Payton would see him do it and feel more confident. So I brought him with us. Also he needs a tiny refresher since I entered him one day in August. We got to the house and I opened the gate to the agility yard.
And he saw the dog walk.
He looked at me like MOM! MOM! then took off running so fast I had to sprint to catch up. He ran across the dog walk, spun around after doing his contact and ran back the other way. Repeat about ten times. I really don't think I've ever seen him look so happy. Our VERY OWN dog walk, he says.
<3

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-29-2013, 08:49 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
So jealous! We will be there next year
Briar will always down on the table as it's automatic for him. Penny, it's automatic but she has such a big chest that it doesn't always look like she's fully down. With the new rule, does that mean I'm better retraining her to sit on the table rather than have a judge be iffy that she is really doing a down? Or do they just have to not move from a position (whatever it is) once they get on the table?

Also, look at us go in our masters level course.. think we stand a chance of getting out of starters?! Just ignore the fact that I'm a crappy handler (only been 8 months LOL) and that knocked bar at #3!
I hope to go next year as well! Gotta save up the cash though.

The table count will start when four feet are on the table, no matter the position.

The reason the bar came down was you were late with your information to the dog. So he didn't have the information to turn soon enough. But otherwise looking good!

Starters is hard for some dogs as its more open and straight generally. Depends what courses works best with your handling and your dogs abilities. You'll learn what certain judges throw too.

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-29-2013, 09:03 PM
Vizsla mom

Yeah, I heard rumors that Nationals were heading to New Brunswick next year.. not sure how true that is or if it's more wishful thinking on the Maritimes part If we have it our way, you better really start saving!! Maybe they will meet in the middle& give it to Ontario.

I am alwayssss late with blind crosses. We have Q'd out of Starters Gamblers& I have 1 Q in Jumpers ..hoping to get my second& be done with it this weekend. Briar is definitely too fast to do super well in starters Jumpers. We had a 19.99 second run last trial ..SCT was 54sec& he knocked the second last bar. Ugh.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:18 PM
Top Dog

Yay! Have fun at Nationals! I was panicked when I went to Cynosport, but once I was there all was fine. It's just another agility trial, but with cooler venders I'm so sad our Nationals is so far away next year; I'd really hoped to get Gusto ready to go, but four days of driving isn't going to happen. Maybe 2015!

Old 07-29-2013, 09:30 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by yv0nne View Post
Yeah, I heard rumors that Nationals were heading to New Brunswick next year.. not sure how true that is or if it's more wishful thinking on the Maritimes part If we have it our way, you better really start saving!! Maybe they will meet in the middle& give it to Ontario.

I am alwayssss late with blind crosses. We have Q'd out of Starters Gamblers& I have 1 Q in Jumpers ..hoping to get my second& be done with it this weekend. Briar is definitely too fast to do super well in starters Jumpers. We had a 19.99 second run last trial ..SCT was 54sec& he knocked the second last bar. Ugh.
It's no rumour as far as I know. Sussex, NB I believe?

Just gotta know how to handle those courses which comes with experience. I ran a jumpers with a green Brittany and even with fixing our refusals we were in the low 20s for time. I had no idea how to handle for her.

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM
Sport Model Pug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBanker View Post
Yay! Have fun at Nationals! I was panicked when I went to Cynosport, but once I was there all was fine. It's just another agility trial, but with cooler venders I'm so sad our Nationals is so far away next year; I'd really hoped to get Gusto ready to go, but four days of driving isn't going to happen. Maybe 2015!
I have an amazing group and we reserved out benching right behind the beer tent lol. It'll be great and im really excited. It's Izzie first event at 6" double drop veterans. She loves 6" so far so I'm excited to see what we can put down.

The Proudest Pug
Old 07-29-2013, 09:34 PM
Vizsla mom

Yup, Sussex! Hopefully, after we have a little more experience& training through this winter, we'll be able to qualify& do fairly well at regionals next year. We have a long way to go (clearly ..ahaha) but my fingers are crossed!

Also, when you get to Nationals, keep your eyes peeled for a Vizsla named Olive! Apparently, she's pretty awesome. People keep mentioning her going when I say I have a Vizsla.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:58 PM
I'm All Ears

First class with the new trainer went well! My evening went: run home from work then change as fast as possible. Run to agility where I run two dogs. Hurry to nosework and run Summer then run Mia.

I'm tired.