Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 07-20-2013, 04:44 PM
Top Dog

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So happy for you!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:53 PM
Top Dog

That's awesome! Congrats!
Old 07-20-2013, 07:45 PM
Top Dog

Woohoo! Congratulations!

My kids and I just got home from two days of USDAA (in the AC, thank heavens). Both were superstars. Gusto had a few icky runs, where my mind fell out, but also had a couple of really stellar runs. He finished his PD title on Friday, so he got to move up to PII for Saturday. He easily got the gamble (oh, how nice to have a dog that can do gambles!) and had a jumpers run this afternoon that made me so, so happy because we BOTH had our act together for it. Just fast and focused and smooth. I'm still giddy, which I needed because his teeter fell apart for reasons unknown today. I'm baffled. Someone suggested maybe the sand bags under it were sticking out more than he's used to (we don't usually have sandbags on the teeter in practice), so I'm going to be playing around with that this week.

Meg just ran once each day. Her PIII standard run on Friday was brilliant, although at one point I threw her way ahead of me for a jump so I could get where I wanted to be and she got a little lost, and back jumped it. But that's okay, because when you are nine years old and you are Meg, there are no rules and everything you do is perfect. She had a super snooker run today, and added another Q there, although for once we were nice and only did 3 of the reds, so she didn't get her usual super Q.

Back to work on my stuff for class with Gusto this week. The warm-ups at the trial really gave me great feedback on what I need to be doing with him, so I'm excited to get back to work on that stuff. Also we will be seeking out every teeter in the county to practice on. We have an AKC trial next week, so I'll have to see what I'm going to do. I may just pull him from standard if something is really going on with his teeter.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:54 PM
Top Dog

Congrats Beanie!!!

Congrats BB!!!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:58 AM
<----Thanks Allie

CONGRATS Beanie!!!!! That's awesome! You and Payton are succeeding together.

And Congrats BB! I'm sure Gusto is super excited to be back in action after his time off and I'm glad to hear he's doing so well.

Everyone keep their fingers crossed that by this time next year I'll be trying my first agility competition.
Old 07-21-2013, 02:46 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

Day 2:

So I says to him, "I don't even Payton. I mean... I just don't even."
I hoped it would happen. But I never dreamed it really would.

I better get these weave poles cleaned up because I might need them sooner than I thought. Wow. Admittedly today's weave pole bobble was ENTIRELY my fault. When I trained Auggie to do weave poles I trained him to do it by me chattering WEAVE WEAVE WEAVE the whole time he was in the poles. With Payton I did not do that. I just say "go weave." And when I chatter he's like "I'M ALREADY IN THE WEAVE POLES WHY DO YOU KEEP TELLING ME TO WEAVE I GOT IT OKAY???" And I caught myself walking the course yesterday and reminded myself to SHUT UP, but today I did not, and instead of just "go weave" I said "Go weave weave weave weave..." and realized what I had just done.
BAD TRAINER.

I asked Auggie if he had any advice for Payton yesterday morning. I guess whatever advice Auggie had was good.

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie NA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog
Old 07-21-2013, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Yay Payton!!!!! So glad you went ahead and trialed him
Old 07-21-2013, 06:36 PM
Club Terrible - President

YAAAAAY PAYTON!

So proud of you guys!
Old 07-21-2013, 07:17 PM
Top Dog

Awesome news Beanie! Go Payton! XD

Red Dog's Reconnaissance Man CGC CL1-R CL1-H CL1-F CL1-S USJ
General Patton Vom Winter Storm
Old 07-21-2013, 09:35 PM
I'm All Ears

Yay Payton! What a good boy!

Kind of a bittersweet day for us. Mia and Summer both did very very well. Mia's last run was awesome. She did both tunnels very smoothly and everything else was superb. Summer was a little dippy (haha) but still great. Mia did have one interesting thing pop up on her dog walk. She thought it was the teeter and at the top of the 'on' ramp she flattened herself down and got a little worried acting. This teeter fear is new recently.

Sad part is that my class is officially disbanded for good. I totally understand my trainer has a lot going on and we were her most advanced class, so it was a lot of work for her. She says it'll be good for me to get some other instruction and she'll still do private lessons. But I'm back to trying to find a class we can join. Bummer. I'll email the head instructor tomorrow and see. I almost want to take a break until this weather gets better though. Summer is ok with the heat but Mia does not like.