Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
YAY! Officially all in Excellent! Kimma got her OAJ yesterday with a really nice run. It was 94-degrees out and sunny and muggy, and I honestly didn't even expect her to run much of anything - but she had a clean run, and got a first place out of the deal! Our last first place, I'm sure, now that we've moved up

WOO!
Congratulations!!!!! Do you have any videos? Go Finkie!

Backup and I had a fantastic agility class. He shocked me by lining up on the right several times without bait(for a long time this was a huge melt down issue), he is slowly starting to stick to my right in a front cross instead of spinning in front, he took two low jumps without knocking the bars after holding a *sit* start line. Like, OMG. I feel a bit silly sometimes over these seemingly mundane victories but, yeah, maybe the Lemur might be an agility dog someday. (Take that naysayers! Oh... Wait... That's me, too...)
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:32 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianneIsabel View Post
Backup and I had a fantastic agility class. He shocked me by lining up on the right several times without bait(for a long time this was a huge melt down issue), he is slowly starting to stick to my right in a front cross instead of spinning in front, he took two low jumps without knocking the bars after holding a *sit* start line. Like, OMG. I feel a bit silly sometimes over these seemingly mundane victories but, yeah, maybe the Lemur might be an agility dog someday. (Take that naysayers! Oh... Wait... That's me, too...)
Seriously, that's awesome!!!

Zuma got her first open Q (standard) this weekend. We've been in open for awhile and just never can quite get everything together to get that Q. I love this dog to death and I know we will get there eventually, but I hate that it's taking so long. I keep hearing "you guys are going to be a great team when you get everything together", yes but I want it all together NOW. Patience is not my strong suit.

Anyways, here's one of our open JWW runs, not a Q but still a fun course.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:39 PM
Glutton for Crazy

Holy cow she's fast! She's sped up a lot from when she started competing hasn't she? Do you always handle so quietly or can I just not hear anything on the video?

Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Holy cow she's fast! She's sped up a lot from when she started competing hasn't she? Do you always handle so quietly or can I just not hear anything on the video?
Nope, she's always been the same speed. Ferrari speed.

There are some "ZOOM"'s in there and some other verbals. But ya, I'm generally quieter on course than a lot of people.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:51 PM
Top Dog

Here's our open standard run from the same day. This was a Q and 1st place. For whatever reason this weekend (I think I said down a little too harshly once?) she's developed a bad association with the table, hence the slow down. Well, I realize it isn't slow for most dogs, but it's slow for her. So we are retraining our table from the ground up.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:51 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Congratulations!!!!! Do you have any videos? Go Finkie!

Thanks!! No videos yet of recent Qs (there's a company around here that records at a lot of the trials, and I think they were there last weekend, so I may contact them), but I do have video of our first Excellent run! I screwed us up a couple of times which caused her 2 refusals, and while it wasn't a very pretty run (it was HOT as evidenced by her tongue hanging out of her mouth on the table!), she did lots of stuff hahaha. I was also SUPER nervous, so that didn't help matters.

And CONGRATS on your success as of late!! You and Backup are seriously a great team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Seriously, that's awesome!!!

Zuma got her first open Q (standard) this weekend. We've been in open for awhile and just never can quite get everything together to get that Q. I love this dog to death and I know we will get there eventually, but I hate that it's taking so long. I keep hearing "you guys are going to be a great team when you get everything together", yes but I want it all together NOW. Patience is not my strong suit.

Anyways, here's one of our open JWW runs, not a Q but still a fun course.
OMG SHE'S FAST. I love it!!! I WISH we had some speed! (Well, we have it in class but not at trials yet...). You guys will get out of Open sooner than you think. THEN you will be unstoppable!

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 06-04-2013, 09:54 PM
Top Dog

Kimma looks great!!

Everyone says they want speed, but trust me, it comes with it's own frustrating set of problems. All I want is control.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:11 PM
It's A Red Dog Revolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaraB View Post
Kimma looks great!!

Everyone says they want speed, but trust me, it comes with it's own frustrating set of problems. All I want is control.
Hahaha I know what you mean - there's a Golden in the class before me who is AWESOME. But same issue as Zuma - lots of speed/not enough control yet. The Golden's handler was actually telling me a couple of weeks ago that if we combined Kimma's attitude at trials with her dog's (Kimma goes slower, the Golden goes faster), we'd have the perfect agility dog LOL.

I just want a LITTLE more speed. Not a lot. My instructor thinks it will come with time/exposure to more trials. I'm hoping she's right!

Loistava's Jari CGC - 18 months old (M)
Loistava's Kimma RN AX AXJ RATN CGC - 4 years old (F)
AOM CH Finkkila's Kupla ("Bubbles") - 4 years old (F)
CH Finkkila's Pentti CGC TDI - 6 years old (M)
Old 06-04-2013, 10:18 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finkie_Mom View Post
Hahaha I know what you mean - there's a Golden in the class before me who is AWESOME. But same issue as Zuma - lots of speed/not enough control yet. The Golden's handler was actually telling me a couple of weeks ago that if we combined Kimma's attitude at trials with her dog's (Kimma goes slower, the Golden goes faster), we'd have the perfect agility dog LOL.

I just want a LITTLE more speed. Not a lot. My instructor thinks it will come with time/exposure to more trials. I'm hoping she's right!
LOL, I got ya. If Kimma is faster in class, then yes, hopefully it will come with confidence!

It wouldn't be so bad if Zuma didn't go so wide. It's always been a battle to teach her to collect, we've done countless drills, trained cik/cap over and over, consulted many awesome trainers and it's just not where I want her wraps to be.

Anyways, I realize this is stupid venting and that I should be grateful that she's awesome and loves agility as much as I do and that no dog will be perfect. Just one of those things.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:20 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I keep telling myself I will love the speed demon... Someday... lol