Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-21-2012, 12:44 PM
Top Dog

I totally blame this thread for getting way tOo little sleep the last two nights!!!

I started the first book Sunday night around midnight (so I guess Monday morning technically). I always read for a bit before I go to sleep. Yeah, read the whole book and then was all awake so didn't get to sleep til after 4. My son decided to help by getting up at 7 :/.

So yesterday morning I went ahead and started the second book. Ran around with the kids, ran errands etc but read a bit here and there and finishes just before 9. So of course, I had to start the third book, which means I had to finish it. Sigh, getting all revved up over the ending I was up til almost three lol

I was very surprised at how much I liked it. Yea, there are some open things that couldve been summed up better, etc but I really liked the characters. And the love triangle, I think it was very very well done. Normally the anny me as I feel there is one right guy and one not right. This one, I really likes both of the relationships and found it very believable.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:46 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Heehee I'll accept blame. They are awesome aren't they? I was slightly annoyed by the ending but not enough for me to dislike it. I'd elaborate but I don't want to spoil anything for people who haven't read it.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
orange iguanas.

I was really, really annoyed about the ending at first. I texted the only other person I knew who had read the series, "just finished Mockingjay and I am SUPER ANGRY about things," but the more I sat and thought about it, the more it started making sense to me and now I kinda think it ended perfectly.

I want to do a slower re-read of the series since I sped through it the first time around. I at least want to re-read the first one before the movie comes out. But UGH I find myself with too much to do and too little time to do it in that I don't think I'll be able to!

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-21-2012, 03:49 PM
Top Dog

I wanted to be annoyed by the ending...but really couldnt be. It was probably really the only way it could end.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:08 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I don't think it's really the ACTUAL ending that bothered me, but more how quickly it all came together. It seemed rushed. But like southpaw, I read it so fast so I want to reread it.

Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Old 02-21-2012, 06:32 PM
Top Dog

yeah, it was kind of rushed. There was a lot more that couldve been developed there I think.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Cloudcandy

EEEEEEE!!!
I have spent the WHOLE day reading MokingJay...very nearly finished,but trying to slow down because I don't want it to be over.
So impressed by these books,though they've made me angry I was really confused as too why she went to the 2nd games and didn't REVOLT....eugh!

Am I the only one who is not that impressed by the trailer?I am just not feeling Katniss,Peeta or Gale the whole thing just came across as very dramatic and ott!

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 03-11-2012, 05:48 PM
Cloudcandy

EEEEEEE!!!
I have spent the WHOLE day reading MokingJay...very nearly finished,but trying to slow down because I don't want it to be over.
So impressed by these books,though they've made me angry I was really confused as too why she went to the 2nd games and didn't REVOLT....eugh!

Am I the only one who is not that impressed by the trailer?I am just not feeling Katniss,Peeta or Gale the whole thing just came across as very dramatic and ott!

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 03-12-2012, 01:15 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

I love the trailer! I loooove who they chose for Peeta (i pictured him basically like that but a little stockier and with curlier hair) and I think Katniss and Gale are okay. Katniss looks like I pictured her but mixed with...me lol! Her voice is weird though. I didn't really picture Gale that way, but he's not bad.

We have IMAX tickets to see it the day it comes out! Midnight tickets were sold out before we could get them

Old 03-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Behavior Nerd

I have book club this week to discuss the Hunger Games, then will see the movie with the group probably the week after. Yay!

Also, DH and I may be going to an archery range to learn to shoot, partly because the Hunger Games series reignited my interest in it. LOL