Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-07-2012, 02:05 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
I hate that having a love triangle happens in most YA (ok and a lot of adult category) books.
^^^YES. I always say, "Poor, poor girl, two amazing guys fighting over you and you can't decide which one to choose. How sad your life is."

It happens TOO often... Movies, books, TV series, it's everywhere.

I'm totally gonna write an awesome novel one day with NO LOVE TRIANGLES.
Old 02-07-2012, 02:57 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Read "The Hunger Games" recently. Just started "Catching Fire" last night. So far, so good. Don't have a lot of free time to read, so I usually take over a week to read something even short like this.

I'm enjoying it so far. I found it slow the first few chapters but once it picked up, "The Hunger Games" was nearly impossible to put down. I'm hoping the last two books are the same.
Old 02-07-2012, 03:21 PM
Top Dog

I've heard a lot about the Hunger Games. A lot of my friends have been reading it and posting on FB. I'm kind of weary about reading books my friends post. Last time I took suggestions I ended up wasting a couple hours of my life reading Twilight. But I may end up giving in and reading this.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:16 PM
Silence! I ban you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoko View Post
I've heard a lot about the Hunger Games. A lot of my friends have been reading it and posting on FB. I'm kind of weary about reading books my friends post. Last time I took suggestions I ended up wasting a couple hours of my life reading Twilight. But I may end up giving in and reading this.
It took you a couple of hours to realize that Twilight was crap?
Old 02-07-2012, 04:26 PM
orange iguanas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
This. I kind of liked her in the first book but the second and third she started annoying me. MAKE UP YOUR MIND GIRL. Lol. I hate that having a love triangle happens in most YA (ok and a lot of adult category) books. I'm actually stalled in the middle of the third book - I'm just not as into it as I was the first two. /shrug
Oh man. Mockingjay was the one that I.Could.Not.Put.Down. I read straight through the whole thing without taking a break, there was nothing going on in my life that was going to make me stop!

I didn't get too caught up in the love triangle. It was there but I didn't feel like it distracted from the rest of the plot... I was interested in Peeta in a "please don't kill him off" way, but not in a "OMG HE NEEDS TO END UP WITH KATNISS" way.

Juno 2009 :: Happy 2000 :: Lucy 2006 :: Cajun 2013
Old 02-07-2012, 04:41 PM
Top Dog

I would take Katniss over Bella any day of the week.

Sometimes I wonder where did the arthur get these names from. Katniss? Peeta? It took me quite a while to get use to the name "Katniss".

Old 02-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Top Dog

I kept waiting for it to get better -.-

Old 02-07-2012, 07:40 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahla9999 View Post
Sometimes I wonder where did the arthur get these names from. Katniss? Peeta? It took me quite a while to get use to the name "Katniss".
Well, it's not like I heard the author say it or anything, but I figured:

Peeta: Sounds like Pita. Like the bread.

Katniss: The plant is basically exactly like the person. Leaves shaped like an arrow, lives in the water, strong roots, AND pretty flowers.

Gale: Dark and stormy. Even a bit destructive.

Primrose: Small, bright, delicate flower.

YA fiction is usually pretty in-your-face with symbolism.
Old 02-07-2012, 07:45 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzybeth727 View Post
Yeah, I didn't get that AT ALL. Especially in the second and third books.
It would have been better without the love triangle, if only because I found myself not really caring if she ended up with either one of them . . . it was a pretty inspid love triangle. Which is what you get with forumulaic additions.

But I thought most of her apparent "weakness" in the second and third books had a whole lot more to do with PTSD than it did with genuine romantic problems.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 PM
Clicker Cult Coordinator

I always see "Peeta" and think of the Judy Blume series of Fudge books... the baby says Peter's name "Pee-tah" because, well, it's a baby. So I think of somebody who can't say Peter...

Auggie - The Flash RN NAJ MXP MJP CGC
Payton - Sharp Dressed Man NA NAJ CGC
Pepper - Chocolate Swizz-l-icious
& the pest, Georgie - Peach Pudding N Pie OA OAJ
The Sheltiechick Blog