Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 01-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Puppy Dog

Default Ten Reasons Why You Can't Trust Pit Bulls

Quote:
10. They will steal your spot on the couch while you are up getting a soda.
9. They will take the treat you give them and bury in the backyard like a paranoid crack head hiding their stash.
8. They will jump on your bed with muddy feet. Making you do laundry…again.
7. They will lick visitors with an uncontrolled passion only they understand.
6. They will cause children to smile.

5. They will make you feel horrible for not walking them by looking at you with deep sad eyes.
4. They will look at you like you committed a crime against them if you don’t let them lick your ice cream bowl.
3. They will cause wide spread happiness in large group settings.
2. They will crack you up by shaking their butts so hard you think they are going to snap in half.
And the number one reason why you can’t trust pit bulls…

1. They will steal your heart like a thief in the night, showing you complete and pure love that only a pit bull can show.
http://stubbydog.org/2011/12/top-10-...ust-pit-bulls/

I must say, after owning one for a month (and earlier in my life as well) this is so true!
Old 01-06-2012, 11:33 AM
Just try me..

I thought your dog was a boxer/bulldog cross? Or do you have two dogs?
Old 01-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Resident fainting goat

That is really cute!! lol

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 01-06-2012, 11:41 AM
Resident fainting goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
I thought your dog was a boxer/bulldog cross? Or do you have two dogs?
Loki his adopted little girl seems to be APBT

Disclaimer: I work for Trupanion and love it/our policy! But I do not speak for the company or as the company.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:02 PM
Just try me..

Oh in his blog he lists her as a boxer/bull dog mix.

Quote:
We had a home visit from a foster mom and she brought the next dog for us to visit. Her name is Loki. She***8217;s an 11-month-old Boxer/American Bulldog mix. She might be the cutest thing on the planet. From the second she came in, we knew it was the right choice.
Quote:
I now own Loki who is a boxer American bulldog mix and that***8217;s the new pit bull. In many communities the American bulldog is considered a pit bull and it***8217;s a shame.
The quote posted is cute. I was just wondering if he got another dog.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Glutton for Crazy

I currently can't feel my feet because my pit bulls won't let me stretch my legs out when I sit on my bed.
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-07-2012, 01:08 PM
Obvious trollsare Obvious

Guess we should all be thrilled that for once something wasn't stolen and plagiarized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
who is a boxer American bulldog mix and that***8217;s the new pit bull
Say what..

Stop paddling your own douchecanoe

CRB Houdini's Apple Cider RXMCL AGDC AADC MSDC MJDC RNT CL3-F CL3-H EXJ Bronze
AAC's Top Dog List ~~ 2007-11 Q's ~~ 2008-11 Q's ~~ 2009-10 Q's
AAC's Overall Top Dog List - 47 Q's and 7 Titles

Stanton Acres Out Of The Ashes SGDC RNMCL MJDC ADC CL3-F CL3-S CL3-H SD-S (SP)
AAC's Top Dog List 2009 - 12 Q's

Stark Naked Burn It To The Ground

Old 01-07-2012, 01:22 PM
Resident fainting goat

Oh god this ridiculous snarkyness and passive aggressiveness towards this guy is getting just plain annoying. If you have something to say, take it to PM or just say it.

He runs a blog and posts information and some of it seems to be just his day to day with his dog, but yea, some of the info does look like it's from somewhere else and I can see what you guys are complaining about.
But if you have an issue with his blog.. then PM him and ask him to cite sources instead of stinking up every thread and every reply he makes with passive aggressive comments

I can see what you guys are complaining about but it's how you are going about it that I simply don't understand.
It's not making him look bad, or his blog. It's making YOU and this forum look bad to be treating a member this way and to have these kinds of replies everywhere.

Mostly, he has done nothing other than be a productive member of this forum. and perhaps if somebody just nicely spoke to him about the issue, he would fix it.

I am not trying to downplay plagiarism, because it is an issue and a serious one at that.
but honestly, the way this has been going on is not going to do anything except make him leave this forum all together. then what will be solved?

Old 01-07-2012, 01:46 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
Oh god this ridiculous snarkyness and passive aggressiveness towards this guy is getting just plain annoying. If you have something to say, take it to PM or just say it.

He runs a blog and posts information and some of it seems to be just his day to day with his dog, but yea, some of the info does look like it's from somewhere else and I can see what you guys are complaining about.
But if you have an issue with his blog.. then PM him and ask him to cite sources instead of stinking up every thread and every reply he makes with passive aggressive comments

I can see what you guys are complaining about but it's how you are going about it that I simply don't understand.
It's not making him look bad, or his blog. It's making YOU and this forum look bad to be treating a member this way and to have these kinds of replies everywhere.

Mostly, he has done nothing other than be a productive member of this forum. and perhaps if somebody just nicely spoke to him about the issue, he would fix it.

I am not trying to downplay plagiarism, because it is an issue and a serious one at that.
but honestly, the way this has been going on is not going to do anything except make him leave this forum all together. then what will be solved?
This. Grow up.

Taboo, Zuma, Mighty Mouse, Zinga, Edgar, Zip Tie
Old 01-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Top Dog

I think to call a boxer/bulldog mix a pitbull is just plain stupid. Gavroche is boxer and/or American bulldog and I nearly got kicked out of an apartment before for having a "pitbull." My dog is NOT a pitbull, thank you very much. I have the DNA test, AKC and UKC papers, and vet records to prove it.

I have nothing against pitbulls and would love to have one or more some day, but calling whatever mix a pitbull only encourages the labeling of every dog that has short hair and muscles as "pitbull" - and then when a "pitbull" that's not a pitbull at all bites someone, guess what breed gets the bad rap? It's an incredibly stupid thing to do and is NOT helping the bully breeds out in any way.

Quote:
Mostly, he has done nothing other than be a productive member of this forum.
My "unpopular opinion" is that I question the "productive" part.