Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

Old 11-13-2005, 10:49 PM
Active Pup

Default Day after shot?

ok.. today my husband found our yorkie tied up with the neighbors dog while she was out pottying.. We didnt even know she was in heat?.. It does look like she is bleeding. What I need to know is when exactly does she get pregnant?.. Before or after the bleeding is over?

Also, is there someway to terminate the pregnancy.. I know I read somewhere about a day after shot?..
Old 11-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Top Dog

If they tied... chances are she's pregnant . And, she must have been in heat at least 10 days. I'm not going to get on your case, at this point though . How old is she ?? Get her to the vet ASAP!! I don't know about a day after pill. I had a litter aborted through surgery .... ( hated to do it, but dog sitter's fault and it would have been in breeding ) .If you end up having to go through a litter, please get the book " How to Raise A Puppy You Can Live With " My female's pups were taken , and my female not fixed until later as she was my brood b!tch. Check with you vet as to fixing at same time... though a female should not be spade until 3 or 4 months after a heat for hormone reasons. I'm afraid you're going to get a lot of grief from some with this posting........but you've asked for help, and we'll do all we can. Please call your vet, and let us know what he/she says !!
Old 11-14-2005, 12:05 AM
Quigleyfied

get the dog spayed. it prevents the possibility of any more accidents happening.
- Product Research

I've been frosted!
Old 11-14-2005, 01:11 AM
Taco Dog

Ditto to what everyone else said!

"A righteous man has regard for the life of his beast." Proverbs 12:10

http://www.petfinder.com
Old 11-14-2005, 07:26 AM
Walks into Mordor

I agree with Mordy. Spay the dog ASAP. It will abort the litter, and at the same time prevent any more.
Old 11-14-2005, 08:28 AM
:( only one :(

I too agree with spaying her and avoiding her from having this litter. Your dog’s life may be in danger if the pups are too large, depending on how big the male is. Good luck and keep us posted on how things are going.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:04 AM
Top Dog

If you get her spayed immediatley chances are it will even be too soon to determine pregnancy. It's the best thing for the dog and if this was her first heat it could be dangerous for her to deliver a litter, especially given what breed she is.
Old 11-14-2005, 09:05 AM
GSDGurl

I am sure you know your dog was in heat.Its alittle hard to miss blood all over the floor.Get her spayed.I am pretty sure there is a mis mate shot but dont know much about it.Spaying will work and prevent this again in the future.
Old 11-14-2005, 01:53 PM
Top Dog

Spay her NOW
Old 11-17-2005, 09:10 AM
Active Pup

Just wanted to give you guys an update..

The vet gave her the shot. It's actually given up to 5 Days after they have tied..
It will cause her to restart her heat cycle all over again..

About the comment " Im sure you knew your dog was in heat, because of the blood being everywhere". Well the vet said some dogs clean themselves alot, hence, the reason I saw no blood!
she said it's possible that I just missed her first heat because of her cleanliness. I still dont see any blood anywhere and her heat cycle has started all over again..

Anyways, Thanks again everyone!
Andrea