Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Rainbow Bridge - Dog Memorials

Old 02-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Default Rascal

It's hard to believe I'm writing this. Yesterday, February 4th, I had to make the hardest decision ever, and helped Rascal pass on. He passed at 6:20pm, in my lap.

Rascal was supposed to live forever. He was always there for me, and I can't believe I'll have to go through the rest of my life without him there. He was just... there. All the time. I could come home from a hard day, and he'd be greeting me at the door to his cage, wanting out for a snuggle and a drink from the dog's water bowl. I would wake up and he'd be there. I'd need a ferret for a day, and he was there. I'd bring home some stupid costume, and while he was not happy about it, he would sit there and let me put it on him.

That will all be no more.

Rascal came to me on his 2nd birthday. He needed to find a new home, because his owner's boyfriend was moving in, and needed the room for his fish tank. He told Rascal's owner it was either him and his fish, or Rascal. She chose the fish. That's okay, he was better off here, anyway. His old owner didn't know much about ferrets, and he was not fed the best food, nor was he kept in a very good cage.

We really bonded within those first few months. Rascal was my childhood dream come true -- I finally got a ferret. Not too long after, Allie got Palom and Porom. We just *knew* that Palom, Porom and Rascal had to be best friends. And boy, were we ever right. Rascal and I went over to Allie's shortly after her 2 came home.

All 3 of them took to each other, and planned to dig to China.

He took straight to Palom.

Porom thought he was pretty cool.

Back at home, of course, Rosey looooved him. He was, after all, her baby.

Soon, we found the Ferret Rescue Society of Ottawa. We started going to their events, and having lots of fun. Little did I know, that this one single ferret would lead me on all the adventures we've had together. We thought the spa days were pretty fun.

He got used to the whole idea of Christmas, mighty quick. He thought it was pretty awesome.

Eventually, we made the decision to add to the family. We wanted Rascal to have nothing but the best life possible, and figured that meant him having friends at home. He took to them almost immediately.

More

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-05-2012, 11:10 AM
Love My Mutt <3

Over the years, we've had some pretty awesome times. Even when times were not so awesome, you helped me through. You kept me going, buddy. I knew no longer how bad my day was, you were at home waiting for me, and would make it all better. You never judged me, you never cared what I looked like, or what I did. You just loved me, for being me.

You put up with a lot of crap, buddy. I am so, so thankful that we got to do the photo shoot last fall. So very, very thankful.

You helped me through some of the hardest times of my life. You were there for me when I needed you the most. I'm sorry I went out yesterday. Had I known it was going to be your last day, I would have stayed, and spent the day cuddling with you, and give you your favourite things. Instead, you spent your last day alone.

I'm sorry, Rascal. I'm sorry there wasn't more I could have done for you. I'm sorry you won't get any more of your favourite treats. I'm sorry you're no longer here. I'm sorry.

It hurts. It really, really does. It hurts that you're gone. It hurts that you're not here to make me feel better. I don't know how to make the hurting stop. I don't even know that I want it to stop. If it stops, it means I've forgotten. And I will never forget you.

I'll never be able to find you sleeping in the corner wrapped up in my sweater again. There will be no more cuddles with numnums. There will be no more walking to the mailbox together. No more going out for a stroll. No more YOU.

I hope you are happy and safe, buddy. I hope there is all the baby food your little heart could want. I hope you know how much you mean to me. I love you, and that will never change. Thank you for showing me how amazing ferrets are. Thank you for allowing me to rescue Rogue, Renegade and Harley. Just, Thank You.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-05-2012, 11:34 AM
ಥ⌣ಥ

RIP Rascal <3
You gave him a great life, and I'd bet anything that he knew that, maybe even more than you!

My Polyvore
Old 02-05-2012, 12:08 PM
Top Dog

I am so sorry Jess. He was a fantastic guy, wasn't he? Rest in peace Rascal.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:06 PM
Love my pets

Run free with all your friends......you will always be remembered.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Just try me..

What a lovely tribute to a life well shared. Sounds like you guys had that special bond that comes rarely. I have to say reading that I am more than a little teary.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:36 PM
Top Dog

I'm so sorry for your loss, Rascal was such a beautiful ferret. RIP Rascal.

My Photos
Old 02-05-2012, 01:40 PM
Felurian

Oh, Jess . . . (((((HUGS))))) It does hurt, but that bond between you transcends time, and lifetimes. Irrevocable, irresistible, unbreakable.

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian
Old 02-05-2012, 02:03 PM
swimming upstream

RIP Rascal.
Old 02-05-2012, 02:03 PM
Kotah BEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekka View Post
What a lovely tribute to a life well shared. Sounds like you guys had that special bond that comes rarely. I have to say reading that I am more than a little teary.
This.

RIP Rascal. <3
Yall had a great life together. Run Free baby boy.