Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 02-03-2012, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

Smile This is so cool.

Okay, so it doesn't take much to make me happy. It's sunny and warm and I have a yard. I can walk around in the yard...........on grass. Little crocus bulbs are just starting to emerge and even the Hyacinths too! I'm so thrilled that there isn't snow up to my waist until April like it was in Idaho. This is going to be my first spring living back in Washington. I'm so excited. It was frosty though this morning....cold. But beautiful blue skies and warm sunshine. I'd be out right now walking with the dogs, but I have to wait till the Comcast guy comes to fix something. Then we're outta this house and into the lovely Seattle area weather.

Do you still have snow on the ground? Or is it showing signs of spring where you live?
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-03-2012, 03:31 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Congrats, sounds like you're going to be really happy there!

Nope, no snow here. We got one 'light dusting' of snow here, and that was it. It makes me sad.

Chloe - 8 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 2 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)
Old 02-03-2012, 03:36 PM
Cloudcandy

I wish I was in your feet right now,sounds ideal.
Unfortunately the cold is now setting in,apparently we could have snow this weekend.
I spent the whole day using the dryer to get the flat warm,it is SO cold.Coco has to wear clothes in the flat because she is shivering.Still,I love an excuse to wrap up warm and snooze

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 02-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

It has for some time. It was like 70 degrees a couple days ago. Its colder today, but even at night, its above freezing.

However, its not cool . . . because its not cool. For this part of the country, its WAY too early for it to be this warm, and we run the risk of losing fruit crops if the trees bud out too early and we get hit by a cold snap. Same thing with ornamental bulbs and flowering trees. People are terribly afraid that we'll loose the DC cherry blossoms, and thus a lot of income for city.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to figure out when I just go with it and start my garden, or whether base decisions on the official "last frost". Frankly, the soil is workable enough now to start some things.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-03-2012, 04:06 PM
Durp Dog

No snow this whole winter, and it hasn't been too cold either! I love it.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:15 PM
Top Dog

Well, there was snow here for about a week and some cold temps. It was brrrrr this morning...probably why it's so nice and clear and sunny now. I bet it will get chilly again tonight...haven't checked the weather report though. But it's such a nice change. Having a little snow if fine and even sort of fun for a short while. But I'm loving how it goes away in short order. I don't mind cold temps. I just hate copious amounts of snow that doesn't go away until April. One year, over in n. Idaho, I think there were still piles where it had been plowed clear into May. Then you get a nice summer and fall and it starts all over again.

Well you guys from colder climates...it won't be too much longer.
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Waaa we have -20C going on out there right now.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 02-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Arbitrary and Capricious

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
Waaa we have -20C going on out there right now.
Yeah, I heard that Europe has been unnaturally cold and the USA has been unnaturally warm all winter (DC metro area definitely has been). Jet stream issue.

The Court's extensive review of these pages serves as a useful reminder that loaded guns, sharp objects and law degrees should be kept out of the reach of children.

-- United States Magistrate Judge Paul Cleary

Laughing Shadows Bead & Design: http://www.laughingshadows.com
Old 02-03-2012, 04:52 PM
Top Dog

I heard that too Lil. Some of my ex's family lives in Europe and I've heard from them that it's been an unseasonably wild winter. Brrrrrr Gypsy. You stay toasty now. Do you have a fire place or wood stove? They're always so nice when it's very cold.

Thomas Jefferson
Old 02-03-2012, 04:55 PM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Yeah we had a REALLY mild winter up until maybe a week ago. Now its just FREEZING. Even the river is starting to ice over. At least its sunny out.
We had our wood stove going all evening Its sooo nice and warm!
Poor Gipsy even has a sweatshirt on to go outside.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.