Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-13-2005, 11:21 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
How much more clear does it need to be? It appears that this is an adult child of Beccas, at least old enough to have made a choice of getting herself a dog. Her mother is kind enough to let her daughter live with her. (is this an adult child Becca?) And not only that, but allows her to bring her untrained dog into her house. Becca has grown to like the dog so naturally wants to help. The daughter is not being responsible to take the dog out in the morning, but instead relying on Becca to do that and Becca is enabling her to shirk her duties to her OWN dog.

Whether training the dog to go inside or out isn't the issue. The issue is that she is NOT training the dog, not doing it right, not being consistant or being careful that the dog doesn't go in inappropriate places. She is not supervising the dog so the dog, because he doesn't know, goes where ever.

Becca agreed to have her daughter and dog in her home. She doesn't have to do this. And now the daugher is leaving the training, at least in part up to her mother. And her mother is frustrated and upset....naturally.

It's crystal clear to me.
Becca cleared it up. And it doesn't sound at all like you are describing. I think we are making too many assumptions about her daughter. It doesn't sound at all like she is ignoring the dog. I think she desereves at least the benefit of the doubt.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:29 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
And it doesn't sound at all like you are describing.
Maybe not to you. LOL.

You missed my edit in my quote. LOL.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:29 PM
chowchow

But I'm not giving up on the daughter. She truely does love that dog. The reason I get him in the morning when she's off is because she sleeps later than me and my dogs. Kokomo would sleep in as long as she does but I never want to take chances. My daughter works thru the day so right now 5 days a week I am his main caretaker.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:39 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
Maybe not to you. LOL.

You missed my edit in my quote. LOL.
My thought is, if we're going to be patient with our dogs, why the heck would we not be patient with our children?
Old 11-13-2005, 11:50 PM
Top Dog

Hmmmmmmmm !!! that last statement got me !! Budget... this is not a " child" but an adult off-spring! ( at least I presume she's at least 18 ). Becca, I feel for you.... looks like you've got a 4 legger to train if your 2 legger won't ! What breed and how old is he ?

http://mauzysmusings.blogspot.com/
Old 11-13-2005, 11:55 PM
Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbatd
Hmmmmmmmm !!! that last statement got me !! Budget... this is not a " child" but an adult off-spring! ( at least I presume she's at least 18 ). Becca, I feel for you.... looks like you've got a 4 legger to train if your 2 legger won't ! What breed and how old is he ?
Actually we don't know how old she is. But you don't stop supporting your kids when they turn 18!

Granted.... is sounds like she needs to learn some more responsibility.... but how many young adults fit into that category?
Old 11-14-2005, 08:41 AM
chowchow

I agree with Budgetsdad. And alot of it is my fault because when animals are here, mine or not, I just take over the care. I treat them as my own. If I'm feeding mine, I feed all. I cant just put mine out to play and not another. That was just as hard on me the 2 weeks Gracie had to kept from Kokomo as it was for her! What I should do is make my daughter (who is a young adult) take 100% responsibility but its not my nature to forget any animal. I cant do that.

Kokomo is a pug pup. He's 6 months old. He is getting better about not having accidents in the house but he doesnt let anyone know when he needs to go out so he has to be watched all the time. Daytimes have been really nice so I'm able to let him spend quite a bit of time outside. Hopefully we'll get this training in his head before winter comes and he doesnt want to be outside. He's a tough one.
Old 11-20-2005, 05:02 PM
Puppy Dog

This happened to me once, but it was my fault because I let my dog sleep with me. He pooped in the bed over night and i ended up rolling over it! Eww, right. He has only done that once though.