Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Training Forum

Old 11-20-2005, 12:24 PM
Top Dog

I know that Angelique is not a yanker or a hauler with horses or dogs. She's not even a shaker. She's strictly a bumper type...you know...a light bump, bump. LOL. I trained horses too and I used left, right, left, right on the bit to assist in dropping their heads when teaching collection, with my hands way down low along side the horse's shoulders on both sides. But I didn't yank or haul either....light hands and lots of seat. LOL.
Old 11-20-2005, 12:29 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
I know that Angelique is not a yanker or a hauler with horses or dogs. She's not even a shaker. She's strictly a bumper type...you know...a light bump, bump. LOL. I trained horses too and I used left, right, left, right on the bit to assist in dropping their heads when teaching collection, with my hands way down low along side the horse's shoulders on both sides. But I didn't yank or haul either....light hands and lots of seat. LOL.

Yup understood, I just consider bumping a harsh thing a bump is something hard to me. It is all in how you define the words, but I understand the light contact and I do the same thing.
Old 11-20-2005, 01:31 PM
Island dweller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doberluv
Thats EXACTLY how I do it. that's kind of cool. I use a really light hand too. And it's one of the reason I hate to let others ride my horses (unless they know what they are doing) I like them having a nice soft mouth
Old 11-20-2005, 01:36 PM
yuckaduck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saje
Thats EXACTLY how I do it. that's kind of cool. I use a really light hand too. And it's one of the reason I hate to let others ride my horses (unless they know what they are doing) I like them having a nice soft mouth
Cool alot of us train the same way. I hear ya Saje, I use to hate giving riding lessons on my show horse, because I always had problems after with him.
Old 12-05-2005, 07:57 AM
Top Dog

Dear Guy28,

How can you say you are lucky to have found this thread, when you have been "troll-ing" all of the forums and hiding your dog product "commercial" in the dog behavior and training forums under the guise of helpful advice?

Although Garyluer, Loislane, and Dog Day Pets, may be legit members, (and please, no offence if you are!), I am fairly certain Roni26, Mishel, and Guy28 represent the same person.

If it's two things I can't stand, it's people constantly trying to sell me "stuff", and being deceived and lied to.

Time to get another "gimmick", we're on to you.

Reward the good, ignore the bad, and always remember to duck during the temper tantrums!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein

Here's to you, Jane Goodall. So much insight into the mind of a species from someone who's never trained a single chimp.
Old 12-05-2005, 08:14 AM
yuckaduck

I belong actively to 4 other dog forums and same thing.......posts by same person trying to sell things. I too hate that, there is a time and a place for that and it is not in behaviour and training threads. Do your advertising in the thread set up for it. I for one never ever click on any links anyway because there are way to many virus, spyware and scams out there!

Sorry but we are not as dense as some may think, we know what is going on!
Old 12-05-2005, 09:25 AM
Top Dog

Thanks Angelique for the head's up. It's very helpful when every member keeps an eye out for trolls and spammers. They're soooooo obnoxious. If someone truly made a mistake, then I appologize. But it's in the rules which is required reading before joining.
Old 12-06-2005, 01:06 AM
Rusty but Trusty

I wish I could help but I have tried almost everything and my dogs STILL pull. I used a choke collar with my pit mix and he broke it and I used a prong and he didn't even seem to notice it existed. I have now tried just keeping treats in my hand so that the dogs know they are there. They are constantly walking and sniffing my hands now for treats so they don't really even bother pulling (unless they see someone, or something, or they aren't hungry anymore).

Old 12-06-2005, 08:29 AM
Top Dog

Soooo, Roni26/mishel/guy28 thinks he can slip his Troll SPAM in under the wire by using the quote key...

EEEEH! Wrong again! "NO SOUP FOR YOU!"

Go back to your cave.

Reward the good, ignore the bad, and always remember to duck during the temper tantrums!

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds" Albert Einstein

Here's to you, Jane Goodall. So much insight into the mind of a species from someone who's never trained a single chimp.