Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

View Poll Results: Are you a "stuff" person?
Absolutely not. If it's not essential to survival, it's gone. 1 2.17%
I keep a very few knicknacks and momentos, but nothing else. 9 19.57%
Not for the most part, but I do have a certain type of item I collect 12 26.09%
.Moderate. I'm not a minimalist, but I'm not overcrowded. 10 21.74%
Packrat. You never know when you'll need something! 12 26.09%
Chicken and dumplings. 2 4.35%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-28-2012, 03:13 PM
Walks into Mordor

Default Are you a "stuff" person?

By that, I don't mean materialistic. I'm referring to the amount of things you own. Do you collect things? Are you a packrat?

I'm pretty minimalist. I've never been in to "things". I'm not the type to buy souvenirs while on vacation, nor am I big into decorative pieces or having tons of furniture. I'm also not the sentimental type. There are very few things I keep as mementos. I'm also not a shopper, and don't own much in the way of clothes or shoes.

My one weakness is books. I LOVE books. There are nearly 500 in my home library, and I hope to increase that number to the thousands one day. But in my defense, I am a ridiculously avid reader who reads and re-reads them all.

Are you a stuff person? Is there a certain item or items that you have a weakness for?
Old 01-28-2012, 03:15 PM
Top Dog

Not really. I have a big collection of dog collars, but that's about it. I like to have a very minimal amount of stuff. Especially now that I've moved a couple of times. Packing less stuff is a lot more enjoyable, and leads to less things that I might have to part with.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 01-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Top Dog

I have a room full of books. I am really really into video games and anime so I've probably got thousands of dollars of random collectable stuff. But I usually keep it in one room and organized and put away. I don't really like the cluttered look a lot of collectors end up with.

Old 01-28-2012, 03:38 PM
Top Dog

I could never give up my phone (because I'm in a long distance relationship), my art supplies, or my dogs. Apart from that, things don't mean a whole lot to me.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:54 PM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

The books I read, I tend to collect. Aka, I won't just go to the library and pick up the book I want...I have to buy it, and I have to have the entire series, and they are organized by author and subject matter on my bookshelves. ^^ I also collect little statue figurings of animals, but they all fit on a shelf in my room.

Other than that, I don't really keep a lot of things around. I am bad about not getting rid of things once I have them (for example, the multitude of fish tanks I have), because I needed them once, what's to stop me from needing them again? And then I'm really going to wish I had kept them around, because I'll have to go out and buy a complete new one...that is my line of thought, anyway, and I need to stop it and get rid of the crap that is just sitting around doing nothing.

Abrams, Momma's boy Chesapeake Bay Retriever and Cynder, Daddy's girl little lab muttly
~*~ DOB 4/11/13 ~*~ DOB 1/28/2006 ~*~

Old 01-28-2012, 03:57 PM
On second thought...

I tell folks I have the hoarder gene.

I buy stuff when it's a good deal. I huge stuffed Easter bunny for 90% off? Yes please.

I can't throw things away. Will I ever need this chewed up shoe? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared for that day!

Seriously, it's pretty bad.

Signature by aadufield, on Flickr

Proud owner of Cameron, a Chow Chow mix, and Duncan, a http://www.chazhound.com/forums/t141489/.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Let it be

I don't own a lot of anything really. Tyler on the other hand... oh god. He is a packrat. Most of my stuff can be summed up as my basic clothes I wear on a day to day basis, shoes for different weather (one pair of bum boots, one pair of high heels, sneaks and then winter boots), a fancy dress and then the rest of my stuff is Briggs stuff.

I do, however, have a collection of baby carriers.
Old 01-28-2012, 04:06 PM
Top Dog

I'd say the only "stuff" that I collect is movies and dog collars, LOL, both of which are stored away nicely and not just thrown everywhere or whatever. I am a big movie buff, and love to watch certain movies over and over again, so there are some that I just would rather own... sometimes it seems more worth it to me to buy a movie for $5-$7 on eBay versus paying $2.99 or $3.99 or whatever it is to rent them on iTunes. However, certain movies aren't really "buyable" to me so I have no problem going up to redbox or whatever and renting them for the night, lol.

Dog collars... I don't know what my deal is, I just LOVE him having a bunch of different collars and tags and I definitely feel right at home here on chaz with other collar-a-holics.

Other than those two things, no, I don't really collect anything or have a lot of stuff. I don't mind throwing things away.

Brit & Jackson

Old 01-28-2012, 04:07 PM
Dafuq?

Chicken and dumplings. I used to have a lot of crap, but my husband had even more crap and it drove me nuts. When I left the marriage -- or rather, it left me -- I cut out a whooooole lotta stuff. Now I'm probably just average. Everything I own would fit into one bedroom (with crowding, admittedly). I would like to have more "stuff" someday, but right now I just don't have anywhere to put it, so I go without. ETA: I give a lot of stuff away as it comes to me and someone else would get more use out of it. I bought myself a pair of footy jams and am getting ready to give it to a coworker since her ass is a little less fluffy and would fit into them better. LOL

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 01-28-2012, 04:16 PM
Love My Mutt <3

I tend to keep stuff that was given to me/has a meaning to me. Like this stuffed cat teddy that belonged to my great grandma and has been one the family since. My great-uncle gave it to me last year, after my grandma died, and even though it caused issues with the family (apparently everybody wanted it), and it sits on my dresser, to be passed down again silly? Maybe, but it has special meaning.

Also a few other things, like other stuffed animal Teddy's that were given to me, the tin that the fudge came in that Jessie brought me back from Scotland, he stuff from our tourist swap, stuff that like

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13