Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-27-2012, 09:11 AM
Top Dog

Default Your dog's relatives?

Sorry for all the threads, but I love learning more about the dogs and people of Chaz

Do you know any of your dog's relatives? Do you ever see them? What are they like?

Feel free to share pictures!

I adopted Maggie from the shelter, where she was found as a stray, so unfortunately, I don't know any of her relatives. She looked like she recently had had puppies too. I REALLY wish I could have seen them, or knew where they were

We got Reecie from a BYB out of the paper, and we never kept in touch with them. I met her parents (Elvis and Priscilla) and we used to have her sister, Coco.

Coco was bigger than Reecie, didn't have the white spot on her chest, and had a MASSIVE head. Other than that, they looked almost exactly alike. She was a lot more playful, unlike Reecie, who is goofy, but doesn't really care about anything.

Sadly, Coco disappeared when she was about 5. I don't remember her much, but I really hope nothing bad happened to her.

I really wish I could have had contact with the owners of Reecie's siblings. I'd love to know if they're still alive (Reecie's almost 13) and if they were as "off" as Reecie is.

So, what about your dogs?
Old 01-27-2012, 09:20 AM
Chihuahua Power!

I'm not sure I can handle doing all five dogs at one time... since there are a LOT. I'll start with Emma.

Dad:

Emma's Dad Casper by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Mom:

Emma's mom by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Only littermate, as an adult:

Emma's sister Zara by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Sister at ~4 months of age:

Emma's sister, Zara by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

I've only met her mom and sister. Dad lives in New England. Sister is now in California being shown.

L to R: Chloe, Rylie, Emma, Tucker, and Rory
My Blog- Chihuahuas are not Sheep
Old 01-27-2012, 09:31 AM
Twin 2

I sadly don't know any of the people that got Traveler's two littermates. But, I do know a lot of Traveler's relatives through online. Here is a small sampling

Mom

Puzl by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Dad

Andy by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Grandfather

Cruiser by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Aunt

Rush by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Aunt

Spryte by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Halfbrother

Hooli by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Sister from another litter (Mrose's Mom's Poppy)

Poppy by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Sister from another litter

Sister by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr

Brother from another litter

Brother by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr
Old 01-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Next up is Tucker. Not sure how far back you want me to go. LOL. I have about ~40 pictures of his relatives

Dad (and 1/2 brother):

ChicoPancho by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Mom and litter:

Dad's sisters:

DI's Harmony by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

KY-Lands Polly Anna by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Grandpa:

DI's Tiny Gizmo by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Great grandpa:

CH Velvet Touch Miracle Whip by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

And I can go as far back as his great great great great great grandmother:

CH Demello's Do The Cha-Cha by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

But I won't torture you. lol.

His brother looks a ton like him:

Tucker's Brother Apollo by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

1/2 Brother who I've met:

One of his 1/2 brothers is actually on my chi forum and well, and they seem to have similar personalities. One of his littermates is in a show home. The one who looks like Tucker is on Ian's FB. And I don't have contact with his short coated sister's owner, but I wish I did.

Old 01-27-2012, 09:51 AM
Chihuahua Power!

Up next is Rory.

Dad:

The One Who Spawned Rory by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr

Mom:

Mom's mom:

And mom's sire plays flyball:

rowdyrun by Chihuahuaesque, on Flickr
Great grandpa:

Great grandma (Kate's mom):

I have more somewhere as well.

Last edited by ~Jessie~; 01-27-2012 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:56 AM
Top Dog

This thread just inspired me to email the owner of one of Mu's litter mates. I've been intensely curious as to how the rest of her litter turned out. I have no idea about Murphy or Tipper's relatives though.

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Dafuq?

I live with and take care of many of my dogs' relatives. They range from awesome to a pain in the ass, to awesome-with-a-shot-of-PITA. LOL!

This is Trinity. She's 12 now and sleeps a lot, but she's still got the bulldog in her. Both of my dogs are from her. Loki's grandma and Terra's mom. They call her the foundation for the kennel.

This is Buddha. Nobody told him he's 10. He's a rough bouncing bullhead and a big goober. Strong on drive, short on brakes. Working him is always an event that gets the blood pressure up. LOL! He was Priest's dad.

This is Monk. He's Buddha's son. Same drive, and a lot more serious. Lotta lotta lotta dog. But he's physically stunning. Priest (my old dog) was a full brother to this one, and he also had that intensity that kept you on your toes. (If you're paying attention, that makes Buddha sire to Monk and Priest.

Kiddo, Ani, Phoenix and Osiris. All 3 are Terra's full sibs.

Solo and Superman. Down from Osiris, Terra's brother. So that would make them Terra's nephews.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 01-27-2012, 09:57 AM
Dafuq?

Christian, Loki's nephew. He's goofy as hell, but he can work!

This is a cool picture. Loki, her full brother Blue, and her neice Angel. They all mostly ended up with a very mellow temperament. Loki gets keyed up over some things, but overall she's very easy to live with.

Now entering the land of hypnotic signatures...
Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

No pictures, but I have an old friend whom had Stryder's aunt/half aunt (not sure). Teeny and petite compared to Stryder, but they looked very similar and shared some mannerisms.

I have randomly met people with dogs from the same "breeder" over the years, but not in depth to compare dogs.
Old 01-27-2012, 10:09 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Rose was a pup out of Blackie and Brownie. (For the record, although we owned Blackie, Brownie was dumped in our yard. Before my parents realized she was in heat, she and Blackie had already been together and, well, puppies happened.)

Rose now at 13 years:

Blackie in his prime:

Brownie:

About half of the pups went to people we knew, so we've been able to keep up on them. Brindle, the only other brindle female in the litter besides Rose, went blind and deaf a year or so ago. Barry, last I heard, seemed to be in good health other than going blind. Jewels passed away from cancer a few years back (which is what Blackie passed from at 14 years of age). So far Rose seems to be the healthiest pup of the bunch, with little to no problems. Her hearing isn't what it was and neither is her sight, but I wouldn't call her deaf or blind. And her joints are amazing for a 13 year old dog.

Rose has a very stable temperament like Blackie did (no aggression problems at all, and she's not nervy, either), but other than that they were in no way alike. Rose is much more timid, shy, and watchful. She is very sound sensitive, too, and had a much higher prey drive than Blackie did. She also dislikes water and isn't the smartest dog to ever walk the face of the earth. lol

I met Chloe's dad, but don't have any pictures of him. He was a typical farm Collie. Mom was a blue merle Aussie that passed when the pups were about 4 weeks.
Two of her siblings ended up being rehomed on craigslist two years back. My mom's friend has one of them now. She and Chloe look SO much alike and apparently act a lot alike, too. Both have anxiety issues, although whereas Chloe is a dominant bitchy brat, Lacey is more submissive/mellow. Basically, what Chloe would be like without the attitude problem. LOL

And all of our outdoor cats are related. Does that count?

The mom, Penelope:

Junior and Mitzi are full siblings out of Penelope:

Mikey, Lilly, and JJ are all full siblings out of Penelope:

Lilly acts SO much like Mitzi and they'd look just like one another if they were both short haired and black. LOL Mikey's personality is almost 100% like Juniors, even though JJ looks the most like him.
And, just for the record again...we didn't breed any of them. They were neighbor's barn cats. P, Junior, and Mitzi all moved in to our house within a year of each other, and then the kittens came along before I was able to get P spayed.