Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 01-26-2012, 11:11 PM
Resident fainting goat

I have entertained the thought (as I'm sure most dog lovers have while looking at their adorable yet not yet neutered/spayed animal and watching too many disney movies) lol but no, I won't ever breed dogs.

I am simply not suited.

1. I am a clean freak
2. I get way to attached to puppies
3. Health stuff (like whelping) grosses me out
4. I live in the city (not much space for dog breeding operation)
5. I have no PASSION/time for a certain breed to the extent of showing, trailing etc.. multiple dogs to build up a name for myself and do all it takes to be a GOOD breeder
6. I like shopping.. I enjoy splurging on materialistic silly things like apple products, dresses, shoes that hurt my feet and purses. I've heard the whole puppy business is quite expensive lol

as Paige said, I would just leave it up to people who would do it better than I.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:16 PM
Let it be

Exactly Fran! The expense and time people who do it properly invest into their dogs is just above and beyond what I would personally be willing to do for something like breeding. Which is why I respect breeders so much when they do it ethically.

Funnily enough I'm really into the birth process of people but animals BLEH! Count me out.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Show Dog

I am a breeder, yes. As I'm sure many here already know.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Top Dog

I would like to some day. Not my current dogs. Probably not until my current dogs are long gone. But some day, I would definitely like to.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:21 PM
Twin 2

I have high hopes for breeding Traveler if all works out with him (Health, titles, work) and the female I'm bringing in (ditto).

And since I haven't bred yet I'll steal what Adrianne did (Sloan was such a cute puppy!) did:

Traveler puppy

Toolalla Traveler by Traveling Koolie, on Flickr
Old 01-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Top Dog

I doubt that I'll ever want to breed dogs, but I can't see the future.

Elsie's been spayed, so that ship has sailed.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Dogs? Nope.

...I've thought about breeding ferrets, since there is like, none here, and are sorely lacking in Canada. I've talked about it with a breeder in the US, too . but, it likely will never happen, mainly because kits are way too adorable and I'd want to keep them all.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 01-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Top Dog

The idea has crossed my mind on occasion, but then I remember how messy and gross the Doberman litters I've helped with were. I have a very weak stomach. Plus, I feel that there are more than enough Toller breeders out there now a days (and a few really good ones at that), and I'd worry that it'd be hard to find homes for the puppies. But who knows... maybe one day. Would just depend on where I am in life, what I've accomplished with my dog/s, and if I (and the dog's breeder) felt that my dog was worth breeding.

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 01-26-2012, 11:25 PM
<------RIP Superdog

The male im getting, I will most likely co-own with the breeder. Depending on titles, health, etc. we may decide to stud him out to approved females. I would mostly have my breeder screen the females as she is so much more knowledgable about pedigrees, etc then me. I dont ever plan to breed a female or whelp a litter though!!! Having a stud is all I will do!
Not only the mess, hassle, heartbreak of rearing pups; I would be soooooo worried about the homes I put them in! What if something happened, what is they lied to me, what if they arent as responsible as I am and accidents happen, etc. I am a little bit of a control freak, and wouldnt be able to trust someone (lots of someones) with my babies. IDK.
Old 01-26-2012, 11:26 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post
The idea has crossed my mind on occasion, but then I remember how messy and gross the Doberman litters I've helped with were. I have a very weak stomach. Plus, I feel that there are more than enough Toller breeders out there now a days (and a few really good ones at that), and I'd worry that it'd be hard to find homes for the puppies. But who knows... maybe one day. Would just depend on where I am in life, what I've accomplished with my dog/s, and if I (and the dog's breeder) felt that my dog was worth breeding.
...but I want a Dance puppy

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13