Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 01-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Kotah BEAR

Default I did a no no.

So I have been following along with all the Chazzer weight loss threads, and have been doing it myself.

Been working with the Xbox Kinect UFC Personal Trainer game, let me tell you this is NO joke. This "game" will work your @ss off.

Anyways, I've been going the game and jogging, plus eating better.
Well... I messed up tonight. Yesterday was my 21st birthday and TJ & I didn't go out, so we did it tonight. We ate applebees. My guilty pleasure place.
I had Wonton Tacos (2), some pasta with 2 small chicken breasts with marinara sauce with 3 different cheeses on it and 2 glasses of coke.

I feel like my insides are about to fall out. I have been eating so freakin' good then POOF Applebees LOL

Has anyone else had a no-no while dieting?
Old 01-24-2012, 05:26 AM
Cloudcandy

It's your birthday!It's ok!
My no-no is dieting,the second I restrict my self I binge ....

"If you are allergic to a thing, it is best not to put that thing in your mouth, particularly if the thing is cats."
Lemony Snicket
Old 01-24-2012, 07:28 AM
Love my pets

One day a week I have something to treat myself. If you don't, you'll start to feel deprived and that's when the dieting may stop all together. It's easier to follow a new way of eating most days of the week and have a day to treat yourself.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:02 AM
Just try me..

Not really... I don't feel deprived in the slightest so there is no 'need to cheat' eating this way.

However back when I was cutting calories to loose weight I had to make sure I ate something 'exciting' even if it was really small every day.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Glutton for Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudcandy View Post
It's your birthday!It's ok!
My no-no is dieting,the second I restrict my self I binge ....
X2 lol
Chili Brigades Brover 5/23/14 -

Arnold CGC TDI FD 6/29/04 - 07/05/13
Backup CGC HIC CD SRD SJ-N RATI 12/29/09 - 07/05/13

You were amazing, we did amazing things.

Harmony Canine, relationship based training.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:21 AM
Roos, Poos, & a Wog!

You didn't gain the weight overnight, and it's not all gonna fall off overnight either. Don't worry about a cheat day every now and then!

And Happy Birthday!
Old 01-24-2012, 09:45 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
So I have been following along with all the Chazzer weight loss threads, and have been doing it myself.

Been working with the Xbox Kinect UFC Personal Trainer game, let me tell you this is NO joke. This "game" will work your @ss off.

Anyways, I've been going the game and jogging, plus eating better.
Well... I messed up tonight. Yesterday was my 21st birthday and TJ & I didn't go out, so we did it tonight. We ate applebees. My guilty pleasure place.
I had Wonton Tacos (2), some pasta with 2 small chicken breasts with marinara sauce with 3 different cheeses on it and 2 glasses of coke.

I feel like my insides are about to fall out. I have been eating so freakin' good then POOF Applebees LOL

Has anyone else had a no-no while dieting?
First of all, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! What a special birthday too, your 21st! It sounds like you had a well deserved birthday dinner. For heaven's sake, don't worry about that. If you've been eating sensibly for the most part, woo hoo! That's great. Changing eating habits isn't easy at first. You have to generally work into it gradually, just like conditioning anything. I have cheat days often. LOL. But I try not to call them cheat days...more like 'out of line with the new regime days'. I don't feel particularly deprived, as in hungry, but cutting out things I use to eat which made me gain weight too easily is a life-style change and eating more of some things is also different. So, while not deprived, it's still an adjustment for me to chase those old habits away....including certain foods only occasionally,eliminating a few things entirely, and increasing the intake of particular things (fruits/veggies, legumes...fiber etc) significantly.

The night before last, I didn't feel like cooking and so I had a frozen pizza for dinner. Ewwww....all that crust, greasy meats and cheese...loads of calories and fat and bread stuff, sodium and probably awful nitrates. I thought that was that for the week and then last night my son, his Dad and I decided to go out to dinner to this Italian place. There I indulged in a chicken fettuccine dish, made with cream, butter and lots of cheese and stuff. Of course, after a salad, I could only finish about 1/3 of it and sent the rest home with my son. Yummy, but fattening as all get out. So, the rest of this week, I need to stick to mostly my vegetables and more plainly cooked meats.

When I eat something that's too fattening, I just try and compensate for it somewhere else the next day or something, not by skipping a meal or feeling deprived and hungry, but perhaps eating a lot more veggies and other high fiber for instance, than I might have otherwise to fill me up. You can too. Just don't beat yourself up too much. I know, I do beat myself up sometimes and it's pretty much counter-productive. Just move onto the next day. Every day is a new one where you can work on conditioning. Good luck. You'll be fine! And happy birthday!
"If you love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen." -- Samuel Adams 1776

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty."

Thomas Jefferson
Old 01-24-2012, 10:23 AM
Magic, motherf@%$*#!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Don't feel bad, it was your birthday!

Well, I am doing the portion control, low GI dieting... And I have a cheat here and there. It doesn't really feel like dieting, so I just go along.... It's a journey, not a race, to me at least
Old 01-24-2012, 10:29 AM
Top Dog

I don't believe in no-no's. The only real no-no is going over my calorie limit which I still allow myself to do on occasion. I don't make anything completely off limits. I just eat super healthy most of the time (every meal I have at home it pretty much completely whole foods) and then I allow myself to have no-so-healthy stuff when the craving strikes and I work it into my calorie allowance. I have been craving Zaxby's for days and I have been putting it off. I am going to treat myself to it soon, though.

Old 01-24-2012, 11:16 AM
Felurian

LOL! Dak! And Applebees is one of the few places that actually has good stuff on their healthy menu!

Stupid is the most notoriously incurable and contagious disease known to mankind. If you find yourself in close proximity to someone infected with stupid, walk away as soon as said infection is noted.

There are few things more nauseating than pure obedience. ~ Kvothe

***8206;"silence is the language of god, all else is poor translation."
Rumi
Be a god. Know when to shut up.

Good Kharma Tags
Felurian