Snow and more Snow

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
So we now have 9'' of snow on the ground, including the roads still. Which is awesome, except for on the roads part. >_< I haven't seen a single snow plow around at all! They are probably still doing the main roads, there aren't even any on the city roads.

I didn't have any luck getting to work today either. I got out to my car an hour before work because my friend told me the main roads where not bad, and so we tried getting out of our driveway to get to work and I was completely stuck. I had to have my friend move her car as I just slid towards it no matter what I did, but she was stuck. So we had to get her car out first and by the time she was out it had started snowing pretty hard again. So I was rocking and still wouldn't budge. I had three others pushing as we rocked back and forth and after about 15 minutes got out, but of course half way down the road was stuck again. >_<

The road was ice and because the road is curved I had no option but let it slide down. My friends husband took his truck and pulled me out and the only way I could go was toward the city road, hoping it would be less icy and it wasn't! It was a little less snow covered, but still just as icy. >_<

We had to go all the way around the block to get back to the house after deciding there was no way to make it to work (45 minutes away) and of course we got stuck again. :rolleyes: We only got stuck because as we were very slowly going around the corner to the house there where some kids sliding down a hill INTO the road! >_<

We had no idea they where there if it wasn't for some people walking by at that point that saw the kids and us coming and signaled us to stop suddenly. But because we had to hit our brakes a bit hard we slid to the side of the road again and were stuck. It was poopy.

So after the hour of trying to get to a miain road I gave up and called into work. What did they say? "Well I got to work." Seriously?? Not much I can do about it! I gave it an hour of trying and it is just not happening! Plus, it's still snowing hard, so yeah. NOt happening.

Blah, my car is not made for snow driving and neither am I! LOL
OK, done whining.

Doberluv

Better just to stay safe. My daughter and her cousin stayed home from work yesterday and her boss at work said, "no problem...stay home." So, they went around the corner to an Irish pub and drank mimosas all day and sang with a quartet of guys who were there. There were a bunch of people on Alki (west Seattle) having a wee of a good time celebrating a snow day. So, if you can't make it to work, might as well make it a good day.

It might be bad again today, depending where you are. We had freezing rain in the evening and that makes the roads really trecherous. I've been worried about losing power because of the ice and heavy snow on the trees. But so far, so good. A plow actually came around my block in the wee hours. I was so surprised and delighted.

It sounds like your neighborhood is bad and that you had a really hard time. And those dumb kids sledding that way! I hope things improve soon.

Doberluv

It's been snowing since I got up at around 6:30 and hasn't stopped. Just snowing and snowing. It was suppose to be mixed snow and rain, but it's still cold...about 23 F, so it's just dumping snow like crazy. I'm wondering how much snow this roof can handle. It's so strange to worry about that stuff in this part of the country that hardly ever gets much snow.

Members online

No members online now.